“All-Around Excellent”

Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed here during the 4th of July weekend. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The rooms and facilities were very nice and clean. Tim (the owner) and his staff were truly amazing. The entire staff was very attentive and willing to help in anything that I needed. They went out of their way to get me booked on any excursion or trip I wanted to do in the area (Transfer from SJO, Canopy Tour, Surf Lessons, Manual Antonio Trip, Crocodile Tour, Fishing Trip). In addition, before the trip, Tim was very prompt in answering any questions that I had (usually responded to my inquires within 2 hours).

The best suprise of the trip was the restraunt inside of the hotel. The food was outstanding. The Yellowfin Tuna and coconut seafood soup were spectacular. I was not expecting this level of food at the hotel.

I most definately will be returning!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank DenverSeesWorld
There are newer reviews for Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante

Reviewed April 24, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at the Poseidon. The hotel is nicely placed a half a block from the beach and a half block to the main drag. The place is clean, has AC, and hot water and nice little pool. The staff was exactly the same at it was two years ago and they are all very friendly and helpful. Don't expect the Ritz although the restaurant is better that most at Ritz. The food, breakfast, lunch, and dinner is fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dominicvail
Reviewed April 6, 2011

After reading all the elogious comments, we were very deceived when arriving at the Poseidon Hotel. It is very small, the swimming pool is tiny.
You have to cross the restaurant room in order to reach the lobby and the rooms.
It is not recommandable to stay with young children due to infrastructure.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank VNO
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We just returned from a quick vacation in Costa Rica and absolutely loved it! Hotel Poseidon was a great pick. Location was great for us since it was within a short walking distance of restaurants, bars, gift shops and the beach and a short drive to the fishing boats. Our trip to Manuel Antonio was only a short one hour drive. The rooms were clean, the service was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was the best we ate at.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2011

This is my first review on Trip Advisor. Trip Advisor Reviews have helped me out on many vacations in the past so I wanted to help the next person looking into Jaco and the Hotel Poseidon. I spent 6 nights at the Hotel Poseidon in Jaco Costa Rica. The previous positive reviews were all accurate in their descriptions. The Hotel was part of a great surf camp arranged by Third World Productions. I arrived in the early afternoon to the sleepy town of Jaco and Hotel Poseidon. The atmosphere is a great example of the town itself. Very laid back and relaxed. The rooms are clean, big showers and cool AC. The wireless is good but occasionally they need to restart the router at the front desk to reconnect with lost signals. The pool is a little small but a great to cool down from the mid day heat if you going during the CR summer. I had the free continental breakfast every morning which consisted of fresh fruit, fresh baked banana bread, coffee and oj. Nice way to start my morning before I left to the surf camp. Although Jaco can be quite the party town the Hotel Poseidon is about 100 metres from the beach and 4 buildings off the main street. For me it was very quiet and peaceful. There is a bar/restaurant next door that some reviews have complained about but I'm a heavy sleeper and did not notice any noise at all. If your looking for 5 star facilities and comforts this might not be the place for you. But for the price this is a great stay with amazing atmosphere. I had lunch twice at the bar and tried and the 2 can dine for dinner for $35 one evening. All meals were very fresh and cooked in an open kitchen not 10 from your table. Just down the street at the beach is a restuarant/bar called Bubba's that you should visit for a cool shaded lunch or to watch the sun set. I would highly recomend this Hotel for anyone looking to spend some time in Costa Rica. If your looking for a Surf Camp look up Jack at Third World Productions who books his clients at Hotel Poseidon. All in All a 9 out of 10 for a total vacation experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Just returned and basically liked this place. It was clean and smallness of the hotel was nice. Not cheap but worth the cost. The restaurant has a good rep. but we didn't eat there. We did see a diner send their plates back on 2 different occasions though I don't why. The air conditioning worked great during the day, and let me tell you Jaco is plenty hot during the day, but at night it would either quit or it was on some sort of timer and was switched off. We got a little hot at night. The biggest problem I have with the Poseidon is paying in full before we even checked in. We had 2 rooms for 2 nights. They charged my credit card for half of the cost when I made the reservation and then charged us the balance when we checked in. I've never had to pay upfront ,ever. Anyway, like I said pluses and minuses

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I live in Costa Rica, but when I am in the Jaco area this is where I call home. Hotel is great, good location, in the middle of everything. Restaurant is out of this world and one of my favorites in town. Owners are nice, beer is cold, and the sky lounge is great place to watch a game.
Cheers