This was a trip I gave to myself for my 50th birthday! Wow!!
50 is off to a great start!
We were greeted by Edwin! Alvaro and Wendy make you feel right at home! Accommodations very clean and comfortable. The week was just magical! I'm still talking about my trip! I drink coffee every morning out of my mug with my surf pic on it! Wendy makes you look like a Rock Star! I never surfed in my life! Hard to believe coming from the Jersey Shore. I always loved the beach ... but this trip made me love the water again like when I was a kid! When were you last in the water till your fingers wrinkled up like a prune! Surfing till the sunset! I will try surfing at home this summer. We also did flat water SUP in the morning... views were great! The water is perfect! We were in a large group sponsored by YOLO... What a great group! Too much fun!
The food is top notch!! At breakfast I would suggest the Salvetti special! Every morning fresh juice... nothing I ever tasted before!! Dinner out every night! Everything was great! The whole staff very nice!
I would book a Massage! I had 2!! Monsterat is wonderful! The lessons were great! Your confidence builds each day... before you know it you are riding a killer wave at the end of your trip! Thank you Josymar and Alvaro! I have memories to last a life time.... but it doesn't end there! Planning another trip for the Fall!
I hope to bring my kids here one day... 6 and 10. My daughter wants to come when she's 7!!..lol She would love it! My husband will hopefully make the trip soon :)
I highly recommend this trip! Over and over again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Eco-Lodge features lovely guest bungalows all with an unobstructed view of the ocean, each with two individual rooms with private baths, air conditioning, two Twin beds or one Queen-sized bed and large decks with hand-crafted, native-wood furniture and comfortable hammocks for relaxing. The decks are ideal for enjoying the breeze, watching the sun rise over the hills and set over the Pacific Ocean, or taking in a visit from the family of macaws living near the property. Our bungalows are equipped with small safes for the storage of valuables, small refridgerators for snacks and drinks, and coffee machines for that morning wakeup. We do look to promote a relaxing environment and for you to "unplug", therefore our rooms do not have TVs, telephones or Internet connections, enabling our guests to enjoy the Pura Vida of Costa Rica. We do offer business center servies and free WiFi in the main house. We have a lovely pool and two Yoga decks which also serve as our massage decks, one of which looks out over the ocean, the other over the pool. Our massuese can also offer services on the deck of your bungalow or in your room, and couples massages are available as well. Other spa services such as manicures, pedicures, and haircuts and styling can be arranged. Our concierge is available 24 hours a day to meet all of your needs including shuttle services into town, tour bookings such as camopy tour, horseback riding, ATV, crocodile and much more, private fitness and Yoga instruction. Our staff of professional surfers and SUP surfers are the #1 rated in Jaco for surf and SUP lessons. We currently staff a 5-time National and Central American Champions, as well as other top-ranked professional surfers and SUP surfers. All staff members are certified by the International Surf Instructor Association (ISA) and are certified in CPR, First-Aid, and Open-Water Lifesaving Techiniques. We also currently staff a veteran Beach Lifeguard that worked in Texas, Hawaii, and California, with EMT and Big Surf Rescue training. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Vista Guapa Surf Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Guapa Surf Camp Hotel Jaco
- Vista Guapa Surf Camp Costa Rica/Jaco