“A Diamond” 5 of 5 stars

Panaderia Artesanal
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Jaco
Cuisines: Cafe, French
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bakery and coffee shop, healthy food and juices.Enjoy our french bread, pastries, fresh breakfast and lunches.French influence and tipical breakfast available.Best coffee in town, coming from costa rican coffee plantation.Friendly staff.
Naples, Florida
“A Diamond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We found a Diamond in the town of Jaco! Since you only eat 3 meals a day- this is a stop for breakfast or lunch you don't want to miss. The breads are baked to perfection and the coconut macaroon -THE BEST!

Marlborough, Massachusetts
“The BEST place for breakfast in Jaco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

It is a very unassuming little store front with a few tables outside, but don't let that fool you. They have everything you could want for breakfast and lunch and then some. They will make you either a wonderful crepe, or provide you the biggest bowl of tropical fruit that I've ever seen, definitely enough for two people. Everything is home made. Their coffee is delicious and the price is just right!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Calgary, Canada
“Yummy in my tummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We are just finishing a month in Jaco and found this place 1 week in. It became our habit to clean out the empanadas 3 or 4 days a week. My personal preference is the beef (nicely spiced up), but the chicken is great too.

The sweet pastry is lovely and the chocolate croissants are wonderful - We have a tradition for having chocolate croissants and coffee while on vacation. We have eaten them in a many places and these stack up with the best - even from France (sorry the very best were in Israel - luckily it made up for the instant coffee!). Granted, with the humidity here they are not as flaky/crunchy as Europe but that is not bad in my opinion.

We also had a number of different loaves of bread and all were lovely and well made .

We have yet to eat in the restaurant as we were either on a day trips or going to the local Spanish/surf school, but tomorrow we are stopping there for our last lunch as we head to the airport - which is the best recommendation we can give!

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank hoagj
Palm Springs, California
“Best Meal in All of Jaco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Leandro and Alice have created the perfect little restaurant for breakfast and lunch. I was in Jaco for 3 days and had 3 meals at their location and found none better. All the food is fresh and cooked to order and the bread is to die for. Their prices are very fair and reasonable. The service from Leandro and Alice is warm, friendly and gracious!

They are very small and one of the very first restaurants just as you arrive into town, so you have to look for them. Trust me, it is well worth the effort to locate them. I can't wait to return.

• Visited July 2013
Mountain Grove, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I wandered over to this restaurant from a surf shop. I need to use the bathroom, so I felt obligated to order some food......IT was amazing.

I ordered the Hawaiian Chicken sandwich - I'm back in the States craving another. My husband ordered something with Salmon and enjoyed it. Both sandwiches came with free lemonade - fresh and unsweetened! SO refreshing. There are several sweeting options on the table to sweet your lemonade to taste.

I decided to order some pastries to go - sugared croissants and a chocolate croissants - good choices all around.

I would recommend this cafe and would come again. Owner was really nice and helpful giving directions before we left.