“Excellent property in Jaco!”

Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Fantastic trip to Jaco for a quick getaway. Laguna Resort & Beach Club was truly a picturesque property the resort is set off from the beaten path yet right in the heart of it all.

A friend and I decided to check out Jaco after all the rave reviews. We flew into San Jose and took a quick 50 minute cab ride into town. ($80 was what we negotiated each way). Being that this is a small resort/property you get that real personal attention most resorts will never accomplish. We felt very comfortable greeted immediately when arriving and were in our room within 10 mins. What I really liked is that you can tell it is a close staff almost like family so you see the same crew your entire stay, simply put your not just a number. In fact one of the bar tenders helped me track down my iphone when I lost it out in town the day before.(why I had it with me in the first place is a mystery of its own!) I'm also quite picky when it comes to food and drinks and I had no issues at Laguna food & drinks were great.

Bottom-line is this is a fantastic property to relax and enjoy Costa Rica. I look forward to returning in the near future. A+++

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Justinfromflorida

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I couldn't of asked for a better time while staying in Jaco. I was greeted promptly on arrival and the entire staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious, we had a single room with two beds and had more than enough room for two adults. We stayed for 5 nights and had the best experience. All the employees were more than willing to go out of their way to make sure we had anything and everything we needed or wanted. The bartenders out at the tiki bar made great drinks and were very knowledgable. After a day out we'd return to the tiki bar for a night of fun and good laughs. Met some of the locals who gave us some great advice on places to go and see. This was my first time to Jaco Laguna Resort but definitely won't be my last. I'm already planning a return trip in March and it can't come soon enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The owner communicated with me for about 6 months assisting and assuring that our trip was exciting and seamless in which she succeeded. They went above and beyond our expectations.This resort is perfect for relaxing, going into town, horse back riding or surfing. It is a cozy and beautiful resort. The rooms were spacious and had all of the amenities we needed. The pool is large with cabanas and a tiki bar. The best part of the resort is the views and more importantly the staff. Rebecca by day and Rosie and Journey by night. They were very friendly and provided us with impeccable service. They added a special touch to my birthday vacation. The restaurant prepared delicious meals that were served with a smile. The front desk called and made the arrangements for us to horse back ride and to our surprise, we went up in the mountains. Our guide spoke minimal English yet enough for us to enjoy the experience immensely.

A MUST share is that Laura at JLR arranged our transportation throughout our 6 day vacation from the airport to Arenal area and to JLR. This is when we met Jerry whom became our professional "personal" driver, knowledgeable tour guide with a sense of humor and more importantly our caring friend. This vacation couldn't have better thanks to Jerry. I send a sincere thank you to both of you!!! Cathy's birthday party <3

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CathyJo1021
Reviewed October 11, 2013

As an actor I've filmed at some pretty exotic locations so getting away on a holiday means finding somewhere unique & special. Costa Rica is one of the final frontiers where culture & land seem so far removed from the modern world, you find yourself wanting to throw away your credit cards, trade your SUV in for an old bike & get rid or your mortgage for a tree hammock. But knowing we like the creature comforts it's always great to find a venue which allows you to be pampered & then literally step through a doorway & enter the wild. This is what Jaco Laguna Resort offers with its high quality accommodation, service & ideal location at the very southern point of Jaco Beach. There are other hotels along this exotic coastline but none will deliver the quality, service or location that JLR offers. The local action is just a stroll down the beach but well enough to not deal with the noise or traffic. The surf around the point is of world class rating & you'll often meet famous surfing pro's in the line-up. The surf immediately in front of the resort is family safe but the resort itself has a great pool & spa as well as a kids wading pool. The chef will cook the giant Mahi Mahi you bring back from your game fishing sojourn & the girls working in the restaurant will remind you big time why Latin American women are regarded as incredibly sexy & fun. The family who run the resort are often found sitting in the characteristic Tiki Bar at sunset with the staff mixing in-house cocktails: try one called Passion made with local passion fruit the size of oranges or these hot chilli shooters called Richter Scales which will crack your concrete urban veneer. Jaco Laguna Resort is quality, location & fun. I know I'll return to JLR again & again.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank ManuBennett
Reviewed October 10, 2013

i dont know how our four day stay could of been nicer. Great staff, good food, nice bar, close to town without the crowd. The room was really nice, clean. Cap is a $4.00 ride downtown if you don't want to drive at night or drink a few beers

Room Tip: most all are ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great place/location, coasy, great food, good beer price, lovely king size beds... and the most important of all... great personnel (They are the ones that make the difference). Besides that, great location to surf and enjoy espectacular sunsets. My wife and I went originally for two days... we stayed four. Thank you Jaco Laguna Resort, regards... Erika & Eduardo.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just returned from Jaco Luguna Resort can't say enough about this resort this is my 3rd. time there and it just gets better every time. This Resort continues to surprise me, this time it was the
the Breakers Resturant on the second floor outside air overlooking the ocean and its magnificent sunsets. And the food was fresh plenty and absolutly delicious, and not just the dinners, breakfast
fresh fruit and juices great coffee assorted omlets,French toast, pancakes, always plentifull and
service as expected extraordinary. One more thing an absolute must is the ham burgers on the beach in the Tiki bar, remained me of the burgers we use get before the chain burger places came along. Jaco Luguna Resort & Beach Club i could only say EXCELLANT and each time I go back it
Only gets better. Jim Meg

Room Tip: Every Room is brand new and great I like the 3rd. Floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery
#2 of 48 in Jaco District
Hotel Mar de Luz
Hotel Mar de Luz
#4 of 40 in Jaco

Been to Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club? Share your experiences!