“What a blast!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Jaco
East Hampton, New York
“What a blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our stay at the Jaco Laguna Resort could not have been more enjoyable. From the moment I walked into the open air lobby and saw the view of the beach only 50 yards away I knew I was going to have a blast. The secluded location made for the perfect tropical getaway. Although a short $2 taxi ride took us to the center of Jaco where there were plenty of bars and restaurants. The hotel was just recently renovated so everything was brand new. Our room had an extremely comfortable bed, a flat screen TV with a ton of channels and most importantly a huge in-wall air conditioner. The staff was awesome and amenities plentiful. There was a pool overlooking the ocean with access to the beach and an awesome tiki bar with great drinks. I got up early every morning, grabbed a surfboard and paddle out to the point break just off the beach. The hotel also arranged a half day fishing excursion for us which was a lot of fun. We caught sail fish, Wahoo and Mahi Mahi. We brought the Mahi and Wahoo back and the chef at the restaurant prepared it for us. Besides having the freshest fish I have ever eaten, all of the food at the restaurant was great. I can’t wait to get back there.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Slovak first
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a beautiful new hotel located right on on the beach in Jaco, CR. The rooms were large and well appointed. I really enjoyed the friendly staff and their service. a really fun experience. You have to stay if you're traveling to Jaco.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room with a beach view. The sunsets were really great. I had room 13, perfectly...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my 3rd trip to Jaco Beach Costa Rica. I found this place to be second to none. Friendly helpful staff, the rooms were spotless & very comfortable. What a Great Location directly on the Beach, very quiet secluded location, yet close to town. The hotel set us up on some fun adventure tours, I even learned to surf at their surf school directly behind the hotel. Outstanding food at Breakers Restaurant …Best I have had in Cost Rica – Great Tiki Bar with magnificent sunsets nightly while enjoying a Friki Tiki drink that was incredible. On our stay one of the hotel partners, Manu Bennett who plays Crixus on Spartacus, and is in the Hobbit, was there for the week, what a Friendly Great Guy! we got to hang out with him at the Tiki Bar… he said he comes down quite often and just loves hanging at the hotel and Jaco Beach. I am already planning my next trip back….will Never stay anywhere else.
“AWESOME HOTEL”

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you have the means to enjoy a few days at this dreamy place, you will thank yourself later. Not only is the hotel and grounds flawless, the service the food the amenities are beyond.

I was just down there for my bachelor with 15 dudes and had an incredible time. It was funny cause the dude from Spartica was there randomly, Manu!!!!

Anyhow, take my word for it....BOOK IT!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor, far left room!!!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with the best staff, great drinks, and fantastic food. You are right on the beach people!! Did I fail to mention that they have a pool as well! I highly recomend the coffee dusted filet. So tasty! The staff is fast, sweet, and very easy on the eyes. Make your reservations today!!!! I will be heading back as soon as possible.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

It was my first trip to Costa Rica. My experience at Jaco Laguna was way beyond my expectations. I travel around the world lecturing Cosmetic Dentistry and have stayed at some world's best resorts. The location, quality of this property and hospitality of the entire staff are truly world class. I was blown away by the quality of the food served at "breakers" the beautiful Terrence restaurant steps from the ocean water. I was there for a friend's bachelor party. Boy, what a place to have your private party. I couldn't believe I was hanging out with Manu Bennett Cricus from the hit TV show "Spartacus" and " Arrow". Great guy,. I think he is a partner of the resort. It's always a plus to have a drink with a Hollywood star while enjoying your vacation in Paradise.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Leonren
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay in Jaco & this new hotel is amazing! This is only my 2nd trip to Jaco, but I can assure you I will be staying @ this resort on all future trips. The rooms are spacious & comfortable with flat screen TV's. The staff is courteous & attentive & the chef is amazing. The quality of food rivals any 5 star restaurant in the US. Sunsets @ the beach-front Tiki bar are a must. If you feel the need to leave the resort, the town is a bike ride away & golf, sport fishing, zip-line tours can all be booked right @ the resort @ very competitive prices.
If you're planning a trip to Jaco, this is the place to stay. You won't be disappointed!!