“Awesome Place, Amazing apps”

Mono Verde Tapas & Wine
Ranked #8 of 183 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: American, Central American, Bar, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mono Verde tapas & restaurant is a high end cuisine establishment with reasonable prices. Offering $2 margaritas with different flavors, sangrias, wide wine variety and more. If you are a sport fishing lover then feel free to bring us your catch to be cooked for you as you desire. Enjoy our later night weekend parties with the best live music of Jaco beach!
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for a quick lunch one afternoon. We both had appetizers instead of meals. I had a shrimp app and a rice bowl, and my husband had fries and a rice bowl. My bowl was with shrim, husband's was veggie. Anyway, awesome fast service, and the food presentation was beautiful. The food was awesome as well. Fabulous food. Highly recommend. And, the name is cute!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We went to Mono Verde for a couple of drinks. The place is nice, there is an inside section air conditioned, and outside a small patio facing to the street where you can observe the nightlife. We stayed in the patio and the place was almost empty when we got there, around 8PM, but soon there were no empty tables. We ordered a White Russian and "Amor de la Noche" both were quite good. We also ordered kebab chicken with mashed potatoes and it was just perfect. The staff was friendly. Recommended place for sure.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I spent a month in Jaco, and went to this restaurant more than any other. First things first, they have $2 margaritas in about 10 different flavors, and you can add an extra shot for something like $1.50. We had a blast there listening to relaxing music on the patio after a good days surf. Their appetizers and meals were all delicious. I particularly liked the bruscettas. The service is good, and the waiters are very friendly. Most of our visits to this restaurant they had a football game on the outdoor projector. I would suggest this restaurant as my number one for anyone looking for a drink and dinner in Jaco.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We went to Mono Verde for dinner a Friday night, where the restaurant we really wanted for a seafood dinner was full. It was not a bad choice. We got seats inside, which is nicely air conditioned. There is outside seating too, from where you can enjoy the street life. Friendly service. A good and reasonably priced wine list. Some of the food is excellent, e.g. I enjoyed the seared tuna very mjuch. Some is less so, e.g. the shrimp tempura, the batter of which is not light tempura coating, but more like coconut/breaded deep fried shrimp. The beef carpaccio is much to oily and not paper-thinly cut, missing also the liberal parmesan cheese topping. Some liked the steaks, some not. We were a group of 8. But good beef seems to be a problem in Costa Rica.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We went here for lunch on our vacation in Costa Rica. The food was delicious and freshly prepared. The flavors were excellent. I would recommend this for a nice sit down lunch to take a break. If you want it to be quiet and cool, sit inside. If you want to take in the sights of Jaco, sit outside.