“Great food and drinks!”

Mono Verde Tapas & Wine
Ranked #14 of 173 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: American, Central American, Bar, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mono Verde tapas & restaurant is a high end cuisine establishment with reasonable prices. Offering $2 margaritas with different flavors, sangrias, wide wine variety and more. If you are a sport fishing lover then feel free to bring us your catch to be cooked for you as you desire. Enjoy our later night weekend parties with the best live music of Jaco beach!
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I finally got a chance to go into Mono Verde on Father's Day and I must say that I was very impressed. The mahi mahi with shrimp sauce was amazing!! The margaritas with passion-fruit was equally tasty!!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

A group of 7 guys including myself spent 4 days in Cost Rica. We happened to stumble across this restaurant and I am sure glad we did! First and foremost the food was Fantastic and the service and care for us was Exceptional. We enjoyed the restaurant so much we ended up going there two days in a row. Had we been staying longer we would have definitely made Mono Verde a regular spot for us. The second day we took in about 11 lbs of Yellowfin Tuna steak from all the Tunas we caught that day. The cook and staff treated us like Kings making several types of Tuna for us and it was the best I had ever had. The cook even came out to great us and he received a round of applause. The waitress who I believe was named Olga was magnificent as was the bar tender and other attendants who helped. Bottom line is if you are ever in Jaco Cost Rica, Mono Verde Bar & Grill is a must visit restaurant where you will be treated great the have some of the best food you can ever imagine!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My GF and I were on vacation at Jaco Beach, and we picked up a little guide book for travelers. While looking at it, we read a little add stating $2.00 margaritas at Mono Verde. My GF decided to give it a try, here's our review:
Ambiance: outside not so cozy, inside very nice. Good decoration, good music.
Service: Excellent!!! The waitress' recomendations were precise, and she was very friendly/helpful.
Food: Very good. A nice mix of everything for every taste. Margarita was very tasteful!
Prices: just about right!
This is a place we will definately come back. You should try it!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My daughter and I chose this restaurant because they had air conditioning and we were sweltering, even at 8pm! We each had a delicious, reasonably priced cocktail before dinner. They brought bread to the table and it was wonderful. My daughter ordered 2 appetizers (instead of a meal) and they brought both of them at the same time as my meal. All of the food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The staff was very attentive. I'd highly recommend Mono Verde!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

From the outside Mono Verde Looks just like every other tourist trap eatery in the town of Jaco, Costa Rica. But step in side and you would think you were in Manhattans trendiest of bistros! The wait staff is wonderfully friendly and polite.
We ordered the Caprese Skewers and a chicken dish as appetizers. And the Avocado stuffed with Shrimp and Chicken Kabobs for our main courses. Before our appetizer arrived our waiter brought a special plate of bruscetta - garlic toast with a yummy citrus tuna salad and a tomato bruscetta - as soon as we tasted this we knew our meal was going to be so good! Aside from the absolutely beautiful presentation of the food, the chef uses only the truly freshest of ingredients, every ingredient is so fresh that his technique is preparation seems to be to let the natural flavors speak for themselves, without overwhelming the food with sauces. And wow, does this technique please the taste buds!
My husband and I would count ourselves in the foodie categorize and both of agreed that this meal was the best we have had in years! We found it so good in fact that every meal we ate after that in other places just couldn't stack up! So, on our last night in Costa Rica we dined at Mono Verde again!
For those wondering about price... This was the most shocking part! While it was the tastiest meal we had all week, it was also the most reasonably priced! We had 2 cocktails, 2 appetizers and 2 main dishes, we increased the automatic 10% tip(all restaurants charge it) to 20% and the total bill was still only $52 American dollars! This meal would easily run $150 in America!