“A New York Bistro in Jaco, Costa Rica”

Mono Verde Tapas & Wine
Ranked #12 of 176 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: American, Central American, Bar, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mono Verde tapas & restaurant is a high end cuisine establishment with reasonable prices. Offering $2 margaritas with different flavors, sangrias, wide wine variety and more. If you are a sport fishing lover then feel free to bring us your catch to be cooked for you as you desire. Enjoy our later night weekend parties with the best live music of Jaco beach!
Reviewed February 9, 2013

What an experience!! The interior design of the restaurant is something that you would find in New York City or Miami. The designer should definitely be working in New York City. The food and drinks at Mono Verde are outstanding. I had the fresh grilled whole red snapper done with butter and garlic and I have never had any better. I've had fresh grilled whole fish in the U.S. and Greek Islands and the fish at Mono Verde tops them all. The drinks and service are both outstanding. The prices are very reasonable for the outstanding quality of food that is served. Mono Verde should definitely be the number one restaurant for anyone visiting and going out to dinner in Jaco, Costa Rica.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great cocktails Fleur de Cana and tonic & margarita & wine large and great tasting. Red snapper special was the best fish meal I have EVER had! Service perfect and gratis starter dish. Will come back.

2  Thank Charlie L
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have eaten in quite a few restaurants in Jaco and after eating at Mono Verde, it doesn't get any better. I had the Ahi tuna which was cooked to perfection. My husband had the fresh grilled Red Snapper which he marveled over. We went as a group of six which no one had any complaints. The setting is decorated unlike any other and gorgeous to say the least. If you want an unforgettable meal with the best service, Mono Verde is the place to be.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wow. We very much enjoyed our meal again at Mono Verde. The margheritas were divine. I had blackberry (mora). Yum. My husband had a white wine sangria and it was great. The tossed salad was just right ... Very fresh. The dressing was excellent and a beautiful presentation. The special for the evening was mahi mahi and shrimp with a creamy red sauce with just the right amount of spice, rice and a delicious serving of mixed veggies. I would describe the menu as "fusion". It is a very lovely setting inside, professionally decorated, and has air conditioning. There is also outside seating if you care to people watch. We plan to eat at Mono Verde again next week. I recommend it highly.
Look for the large green and white sign Pops ice cream.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

yummy coconut shrimp! Great to pop in for a quick bite and drink, friendly service. Drinks are strong also which we liked!