“Excelent Party Hotel”

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
Cancun
“Excelent Party Hotel”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We party the 6 days and 5 nights that we stayed at the Copacabana, they have activities, like karaoke , open mic, live music. is a great hotel the rooms are clean and comfortable, They just open a new pool with mediterranean rules the only hotel in Jaco with one.
The staff is amazing, helpfull, The atv and jet ski tour that they have is great.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank SolCancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 27, 2009

This place caters to men looking for prostitutes. They all hang out at night in the restaurant and the "ladies" (not) circulate from table to table. Needless to say we cut short our stay there and went on to the Manuel Antonio are which was very nice. Lots of thievery in Jaco, witnessed with out own eyes. Never try to drive yourself on the road to Jaco - VERY SCARY.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank amethyst2938
Reviewed March 15, 2009

My husband and I spent four nights Copacabana Hotel. Very friendly receptionist gets us to our room in no time. We are even given tickets for welcome drinks. My husband negotiated the price for a pool view room prior to our arrival. I agreed to a $3 per night charge for an in-room safety box but this was waived at check out. Small room but it has air conditioning, a mini-frig, microwave and coffee maker. Two cups are supplied. Two chairs and a table were on the balcony for our use. The hotel is on the beach and walking distance of everything, including grocery stores for coffee and snacks. Great wireless service and I enjoyed checking my email while sitting on the balcony that overlooked the pool. Our visit was during the weekdays and not during the time when the live bands are entertaining. Our Thursday night stay we noticed the noise level going up and the party life really getting underway. If you are not interested in the nightlife, avoid weekends. Prostitutes frequent the hotel (as they do in the rest of Jaco) so if this offends you, you may want to stay elsewhere.

The hotel doesn't provide amenities for the beach but we like to walk the beach and not sit so it wasn't a problem for us. We enjoyed the beautiful sunsets. The pool area was nice. The restaurant was very good. Service of both hotel and restaurant was very good and friendly. We didn't have a car so the location was perfect for us. The hotel can use some maintenance but overall it was a great choice for us.

2 Thank MDNPA
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Had a pleasant trip, beautiful country, nice people, warm sand beach, clean rooms, easy check in. We had a little difficulty locating the hotel when we arrived, but after asking a local it was easy. The location was wonderful, right on the beach, parking right on the premises, food was superb, staff was friendly especially Ginger, guests were friendly and were easy to visit with. We do wish they had more amenities geared for the sun bather. We didn't have any chaise lounge chairs, only little folding chairs that we carried out to the beach for every beach visit. They only have two folding chairs. The sun is very warm which means I need to be in the shade most of the time and we simply walked to the next resort that had sand under their palm trees. Guess I'm saying that if you want to spend a lot of time at the beach you might want to check another resort on the beach. This resort is geared more for the fisherman groups that aren't interested in the beach as much. There was a considerable amount of noise in the evenings, so be prepared to stay up late and sleep in the morning. We were in the studio rooms which had more exposure to the noises.

1 Thank Brenda M
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My wife and I just returned from a 10 day 39th anniversary trip to CR in February, with 2 days at the Copacabana. We were more than pleased. From the complimentary welcome drink at the cozy bar in back to the Jacuzzi suit with a stunning ocean sunset view, our stay was just outstanding. Myrna (with the wonderful smile), at the front desk, will take care of your every need. Ginger, taking orders in the restaurant, made our anniversary dinner especially memorable (ask for her "made with love" ice tea).
While Jaco is not a particularly family oriented location, it is not the nest of drug dealers and prostitutes that some reviewers would lead you to believe. This is a popular tourist destination, with the attending "services" that are found in any such location. If you look for them, they will be found, but please don't think that's the main point of interest.
This is an older property, but well maintained. They have a fine restaurant and bar, nice pool and new construction underway for what appears to be a giant hot tub. We stayed in a suit, but the regular rooms looked perfectly adequate, if a bit small.
I would recommend the Copa, and hope to stay there again soon.

• Liked — Location, service and restaurant
  • Disliked — stairs and Internet service
Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2008

I have been staying at the Copa every time I visit Costa Rica, which now has been about 10 times over the past 2 years. I love the Copa, its staff, food, entertainment and definitely its location. I love hearing the music in the morning till night. The karaoke nights are awesome along with the live music. The renovations to the hotel are great especially the pool. The rooms are adequate and the prices, reasonable! I have become like family to the staff including the watchdogs, Scruffy and Sally. I always overstay my visit as the Copa is addictive because its so great! Thanks to all the staff, Fernando, Pablito, Edgar, Vivianna, Raquel, Ginger (the best karaoke singer, ever!) and of course the cook Norma and a special shout out to Keki. I can't forget Luis and Katia for their hospitality as well as Vivecca, Ronald and Myrna for their welcomes and Santiago for watching out for me at night! Gracias a todos, los quiero mucho!!!!!!!! Thanks guys, Pura Vida from la chica de Canada, ya sabes, besos y abrazos fuertes!!!!

• Liked — The staff, food, accomodation!
  • Disliked — There is not enough time to stay!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank Fresa10
Peru
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Excellent is the only word I can use to describe my stay.
Let me start with my room I stayed in one of the suites with jacuzzi on the Balcony while I was relaxing I was having a drink and watching the ocean.
The food at the Restaurant was amazing, the parties at the Bar incredible.
The Staff is helpful they booked all my tours.
I am booking again for new years everybody told me The Copacabana has the Best New years party and dinner with The Blind Pigs. I will be there for sure.
The Spa was great, relaxing.
They have an Adult Area where you can tan with jacuzzi .
Everything was perfect THANKS.

• Liked — The room with private jacuzzi on the balcony
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple