Real review from Boston guy here. My main interest was staying somewhere in Jaco for a couple of nights that had an ocean view close to the beach. Copacabana fit the bill, and the price was right. We were in room on 3rd floor, with Jacuzzi on balcony (we used quite a bit).
I really liked the staff there, everyone was very helpful. I'm an annoying person when making travel arrangements - Katia was awesome! And Raquel and I think Daniel (or David?) at the front desk were great too. John the owner also stopped by to talk with us. Nice guy. He recently lost his son, so feel free to offer your condolences.
I read some other reviews - complaints about problems with all inclusive, or that there is a coffee maker in room and no one ever brought coffee....and so on. Come on. If you read about the all inclusive you see you're not getting top shelf alcohol or beer/wine, you don't get everything off the menu. And when I asked for coffee, they gave me a whole bag to take to my room.
Room is kinda small...but it didn't matter to us. So it was all good for the both of us.
Oh, the beach itself is not-so-good for anything other than surfing. If you are looking for a nice beach to sit out, head for Manuel Antonio's public beach.
We had lunch at Poseidon's which we really liked. Tried dinner there too - but didn't work out as well (uncooked chicken, overcharge on bill).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copacabana Hotel is the only Adult, Clothing Optional, Beach Front Resort in Costa Rica the area. Is nestled in the famous town of Jaco, on the beach in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Region. Our resort offers a party atmosphere with daily and nightly activities, pool parties, live music, karaoke, DJ’s, theme parties, and much more and spectacular views of the sunset. Our knowledgeable, friendly and hospitable staff looks forward to welcoming you to one of the most relaxed and friendliest ocean front resort in Costa Rica. While staying with us, enjoy a relaxing massage or other spa treatments in our new spa, Coconut Palms. Enjoy fine dining or local dishes in our on-site ocean front restaurant, Ocean Waves with a large menu Seafood, BBQ, from asian to mexican to italian to peruvian. Have a drink, catch up on the game and make new friends at Naked Iguana Sports and Wet Bar and restaurant. We offer two swimming pools one clothing optional and one nude and nude Jacuzzi. Inquire at our front desk about fishing charters, tours and golf packages. We are certain that your visit to the Copacabana Hotel and Suites will be a lasting memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Copacabana Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Copacabana Hotel Jaco
- Copacabana Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Jaco