I had never been to Costa Rica before but finally did so based on my friends commenting about how wonderful the country was. I stayed in the Copacabana Hotel and Suites in Jaco. The hotel sits right on the beach off the main street.
I found the staff at Copacabana to be really very good and helped any way they could to make my stay enjoyable. Prior to coming to Costa Rica, I had frequent email back and forth with Katia the reservations manager. She was extremely helpful at every step and answered every concern. I think others on this site that have reviewed Copacabana had made much the same comments that I would agree with. Not sure how old the facility is but it does need some upgrading and cosmetic approaches to some of it. The pool and bar area were very nice and comfortable and the main restaurant looks right out onto the beach with a large deck area for cocktails and such. I would suggest you might bring your own hand soap since what was provided by the hotel was not very good. Hopefully that will change. The shuttle service to and from San Jose airport was great. There was a hotel greeter at the airport when my plane landed and sat with me until the shuttle appeared. The shuttle has a specific schedule but my plane was quite early. But, the hotel does provide transportation for specific schedule needs of guests. I do wish the hotel would also provide a check cashing service of sort for American guests. In order to get any American currency from an ATM machine, one has to go to the main street to find one and even it is rather hidden from the street. But, for sure, the hotel was great and Jaco is as well. Especially if you are single as myself. I will certainly return to Copacabana when I can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copacabana Hotel is the only Adult, Clothing Optional, Beach Front Resort in Costa Rica the area. Is nestled in the famous town of Jaco, on the beach in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Region. Our resort offers a party atmosphere with daily and nightly activities, pool parties, live music, karaoke, DJ’s, theme parties, and much more and spectacular views of the sunset. Our knowledgeable, friendly and hospitable staff looks forward to welcoming you to one of the most relaxed and friendliest ocean front resort in Costa Rica. While staying with us, enjoy a relaxing massage or other spa treatments in our new spa, Coconut Palms. Enjoy fine dining or local dishes in our on-site ocean front restaurant, Ocean Waves with a large menu Seafood, BBQ, from asian to mexican to italian to peruvian. Have a drink, catch up on the game and make new friends at Naked Iguana Sports and Wet Bar and restaurant. We offer two swimming pools one clothing optional and one nude and nude Jacuzzi. Inquire at our front desk about fishing charters, tours and golf packages. We are certain that your visit to the Copacabana Hotel and Suites will be a lasting memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Copacabana Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Copacabana Hotel Jaco
- Copacabana Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Jaco