I have stayed at the Copacabana around 20 times. They support the Surfing Federation in Costa Rica, beach cleanups, overall town planning and more. They are one of the "good citizens" of Jaco.
The staff is always friendly with me. I am from the US, but long ago gave up the "ugly American" attitude. I go to Jaco to enjoy the beach, the ocean, the laid back lifestyle. I have been there several times when I heard people say "I changed my flights, and I'm staying here another week...or two!"
I have taken my four children there and they have had a good time, been well treated, and love the food like I do.
The menu is varied and priced very reasonably. Around 10 items for breakfast ranging from fruit plates to heavier fillng omelettes and more. Lunch, snacks, dinners...lots of fresh seafood, all prepared on order.
The suites overlook the ocean...right on the beach really means right on the beach! These are large rooms that easily sleep 4. They provide kitchens and thus a good place to buy local food and cook it ourselves, which we do frequently. The refrigerators are good size for this type of situation, and hold the food well. I was just told they are adding jacuzzi hot tubs on the balconies!
The studio rooms are smaller, but easily adequate for 2. We choose these when we don't plan to cook, and don't need the view. More economical too, when that matters.
The air conditioning, fans, water, lights all work normally. Occasionally there is a problem, like anywhere, but the staff is quick to fix it. Water pressure does vary, but that is a Costa Rica building problem, not a Copacabana problem.
The pool is cleaned daily, and this last trip they were drained and re-tiling the whole thing for even better maintenance.
The new spa is wonderful, the massages great, and the Pina Coladas sweet and delicious.
If you want a great value right on the beach in Jaco, I whole-heartedly recommend the Copacabana Hotel & Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copacabana Hotel is the only Adult, Clothing Optional, Beach Front Resort in Costa Rica the area. Is nestled in the famous town of Jaco, on the beach in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Region. Our resort offers a party atmosphere with daily and nightly activities, pool parties, live music, karaoke, DJ’s, theme parties, and much more and spectacular views of the sunset. Our knowledgeable, friendly and hospitable staff looks forward to welcoming you to one of the most relaxed and friendliest ocean front resort in Costa Rica. While staying with us, enjoy a relaxing massage or other spa treatments in our new spa, Coconut Palms. Enjoy fine dining or local dishes in our on-site ocean front restaurant, Ocean Waves with a large menu Seafood, BBQ, from asian to mexican to italian to peruvian. Have a drink, catch up on the game and make new friends at Naked Iguana Sports and Wet Bar and restaurant. We offer two swimming pools one clothing optional and one nude and nude Jacuzzi. Inquire at our front desk about fishing charters, tours and golf packages. We are certain that your visit to the Copacabana Hotel and Suites will be a lasting memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Copacabana Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Copacabana Hotel Jaco
- Copacabana Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Jaco