We really enjoyed ourselves at Copacabana. We were looking for an adult-only, clothing optional resort that isn't specifically a swingers club. While we aren't opposed to swingers clubs, we really wanted this vacation to be about the two of us while still being able to swim and sunbathe naked and even have sex by the pool if we felt like it. Mission accomplished!
The hotel had great parties every evening that were a little lackluster at time due to a lack of guests at the hotel. To be honest, that didn't bother us because we felt like millionaires with live music and a bar in our own mansion, complete with two pools! Since this trip was about the two of us, it didn’t bother us that there were few other people at times.
The resort has a bar by the pools that are frequented by tourists from other resorts, some locals and several prostitutes at night. I've read reviews saying things like, "prostitutes only walk through the property" but that's not really true. There were "working girls" there nearly all the time and at times it seemed as though at least half of the women there were working girls.
However, they didn't bother us a bit and in fact, they seemed pretty nice. They were dressed nice, never came onto my wife and myself and certainly didn't seem to diminish the atmosphere. Jaco Beach is a essentially a safe version of the wild west and these "working girls" at bars are about as common as you see in the old wild west movies. They are just a part of life.
We did the all-inclusive package and the food was excellent! We were a little worried about the quality going into it but everything was awesome. I highly recommend the all-inclusive package.
So if you're looking for a quiet five star resort to catch some sleep and enjoy a puritan lifestyle....do not book here because you will hate every second of your stay. The rooms are mediocre in quality and they play loud music until well after midnight. However, if you're looking to relax, party and have about as wild of a time as you can in a non-“lifestyle” resort....this place is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copacabana Hotel is the only Adult, Clothing Optional, Beach Front Resort in Costa Rica the area. Is nestled in the famous town of Jaco, on the beach in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Region. Our resort offers a party atmosphere with daily and nightly activities, pool parties, live music, karaoke, DJ’s, theme parties, and much more and spectacular views of the sunset. Our knowledgeable, friendly and hospitable staff looks forward to welcoming you to one of the most relaxed and friendliest ocean front resort in Costa Rica. While staying with us, enjoy a relaxing massage or other spa treatments in our new spa, Coconut Palms. Enjoy fine dining or local dishes in our on-site ocean front restaurant, Ocean Waves with a large menu Seafood, BBQ, from asian to mexican to italian to peruvian. Have a drink, catch up on the game and make new friends at Naked Iguana Sports and Wet Bar and restaurant. We offer two swimming pools one clothing optional and one nude and nude Jacuzzi. Inquire at our front desk about fishing charters, tours and golf packages. We are certain that your visit to the Copacabana Hotel and Suites will be a lasting memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Copacabana Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Copacabana Hotel Jaco
- Copacabana Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Jaco