“Balanced review of Copacabana”

Copacabana Hotel & Suites
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We really enjoyed ourselves at Copacabana. We were looking for an adult-only, clothing optional resort that isn't specifically a swingers club. While we aren't opposed to swingers clubs, we really wanted this vacation to be about the two of us while still being able to swim and sunbathe naked and even have sex by the pool if we felt like it. Mission accomplished!

The hotel had great parties every evening that were a little lackluster at time due to a lack of guests at the hotel. To be honest, that didn't bother us because we felt like millionaires with live music and a bar in our own mansion, complete with two pools! Since this trip was about the two of us, it didn’t bother us that there were few other people at times.

The resort has a bar by the pools that are frequented by tourists from other resorts, some locals and several prostitutes at night. I've read reviews saying things like, "prostitutes only walk through the property" but that's not really true. There were "working girls" there nearly all the time and at times it seemed as though at least half of the women there were working girls.

However, they didn't bother us a bit and in fact, they seemed pretty nice. They were dressed nice, never came onto my wife and myself and certainly didn't seem to diminish the atmosphere. Jaco Beach is a essentially a safe version of the wild west and these "working girls" at bars are about as common as you see in the old wild west movies. They are just a part of life.

We did the all-inclusive package and the food was excellent! We were a little worried about the quality going into it but everything was awesome. I highly recommend the all-inclusive package.

So if you're looking for a quiet five star resort to catch some sleep and enjoy a puritan lifestyle....do not book here because you will hate every second of your stay. The rooms are mediocre in quality and they play loud music until well after midnight. However, if you're looking to relax, party and have about as wild of a time as you can in a non-“lifestyle” resort....this place is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert J
Katia A, General Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to know that you had a good time, We love when guest become part of our parties and events. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just came back of a awesome experience in Costa Rica. , my husband and I had a great time, We enjoyed everything of this hotel... it is right on the beach, the room was really clean, neat and comfortable , really loved the food and the bar had a great atmosphere, live music and night entertainment so you never get bored. The staff are so kind, they make you feel at home. Just a good tip: ask for the "miguelitos" :)

Room Tip: Best rooms would be the ones that have ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Katia A, General Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your nice review, We are happy to know that you had such a great time with us. We hope to see you back soon and we will make sure that your "Miguelitos" are waiting for you!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is an adult only hotel, expect adult functions. Great staff, excellent location, food was outstanding, and I saw two live bands during my stay. I would advise to get the all inclusive package and get the package deal for you excursions, that's what I will do next trip to the Copacabana.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Wigdog33
Katia A, General Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

My Staff and myself thank you for your nice review, we tried our best to meet your expectations and we are happy we did. Thanks for your nice comments about our food and our bands.
We hope to see you back at the Copa!!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just returned from the Copacabana for the 5th time in 6 years. As always my group was greeted with a smile and a cocktail by Katia, and as always our stay was excellent. Katia and her entire staff were great, and pleasantly took care of us as we have become acustomed to. If you are looking far a great place in Jaco with clean facilities, relaxing adult atmosphere, great food and an exceptional stop, you should look no farther.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

We thank you for your review. I wished I knew before about the problems you were having to fix it right the way. Our rooms are being renovated and the staff is being trained to have a better customer service.
Hope to see you back !

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Loved where this property was located, right on the pacific ocean and close to town. Hotel had a friendly staff but lacked the essentials of true hospitality. The first night of my stay the hot water wasn't working, not a big deal but for what I paid to stay here a big no no. Room was also very small and outdated. On the second night I was awaken at 8:30 am by work men in the room next to me scraping paint off the common wall of my room... Pura Vida!

Room Tip: This would be a good value if you could get in for less money.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Katia A, General Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hope to see you back !

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wonderful ambience, staff, rooms, food and drink. We were really glad we did the “all-inclusive.” The food and drink were excellent and plentiful. The location was charming, and the grounds were well kept. They made every effort to have special events most nights, including a whole roast pig luau on Hawaiian night, New Year’s dinner, circus night, live band, and a great DJ whose beautiful wife did body painting. Excellent location, right on the beach. They asked a couple to leave whose obvious marital troubles problems were “poisoning the atmosphere” for others, so our compliments on good management there. They are still searching to find themselves as a "lifestyle" hotel, but are well on the way, so give them a try!

Room Tip: Rooms we saw were very nicely remodeled, and very comfortable. They do have one room next to the sp...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Katia A, General Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you very much for your nice comments.
Sometimes is hard to make guest be part of the theme night, but we are glad to let you know that now most of our guest bring outfits to be part of the theme nights, as you know we always have something for those ones that forget.
The Roast pig is getting famous, we hope that you come back soon to be part of our Luau.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Copacabana Hotel is in a great location, - on the beach and within walking distance to town of Jaco. Excellent food/drinks/helpful and friendly staff who spoke English very well.... The day I arrived the hotel had a bikini contest, it was well organized and well attended.. great entertainment staff... everyone was having a blast....when you are on vacation that's what it's all about having a GOOD TIME!!!!!! It must be noted this is an Adult Only hotel that truly offers an adult ambiance........

My room was very clean and nicely decorated with a flat screen TV and air conditioning. I had a balcony with a great view of the pacific ocean. I had a fridge/microwave/coffee maker. The wireless internet was very fast and I had no trouble connecting. The front desk staff will arrange all your sightseeing tours/airport transfers, On my next trip to Copacabana I will definitely take their All inclusive package, all your food/drinks are covered in one price.....

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Copacabana Hotel, and highly recommend the Copacabana..in my opinion, it's the only hotel to stay while in Jaco, so don't my word for it, come and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed...I am looking forward to my next trip already..

Room Tip: The 1-bed suite with Jacuzzi looked amazing...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SunshineTexas

Thank you very much for your nice words.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed Our location, Our Ocean Front Suite, Food and Events.
We try our best to make every day of your vacation and enjoyable day! Hope to see you soon