Copacabana Hotel & Suites
Hotel Club del Mar(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$107
$104
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Croc's Resort & Casino(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$216
$138
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

South Beach Hotel(Jaco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/26
$105
Free cancellation until 06/02
$365
$319
Orbitz.com
Hotel Villa Creole(Jaco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/30
$69
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

Hotel Mango Mar(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$70
$60
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $74/night.

Hotel Mar de Luz(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$82
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$66
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club(Jaco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/30
$98
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnude pooljacuzzi on the balconybikini contestbody paintingclothing optional areaworking girlscosta ricakaraoke nightall inclusive packagefun lovingocean fronthot waterpublic beachstar resortthe entire stafflaid backcentral america
Reviewed February 26, 2008

We had a very nice time at this quiet hotel. Everyone spoke english which was really nice. The staff were very helpful. The breeze off the ocean was lovely. We went at a very hot time of year. It was a good place to relax...far enough away from the shops but not too far at the same time. I loved their avacado dishes!

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed February 16, 2008

The room was too small for two people.

We got to the hotel about 12:30 in the afternoon, our room was not ready. My girlfriend questioned as to why and got a nasty response from the women at the front desk. They both speak Spanish, I do not, but the woman at the front desk said she was provoked into being mean. Is that a good reason. When we got to our the room the floor was soaking wet.

The next day when we left the hotel to go to town we asked for out room to be cleaned, 21/2 hours later we get back and of course the room was not cleaned. So I go to the front desk and request the room be cleaned the women ( a different person this time) said OK in a not very enthusiastic manner and I then asked her when the room would be cleaned and she said she could not tell me when because they hotel is fully booked. I asked for a manager and got the assistant manager and he did get me a maid within 10 minutes, but it should have taken all that effort to get good service.

They had live music there the pool area the two nights we were there. All the rooms face the pool area. Its great if you like the music and are not going to bed before midnight, because it is very loud and you cannot drown it out no matter hoe hard you try.

There are more bad stories but I think you get the gist. This hotel is not the poster boy for good service, the staff seems to me to be extremely indifferent about the guests receiving satisfactory service. If this hotel was $60/night, maybe I wouldn't be writing this review but it's about $115/night which in my opinion is too high for a small room and to be treating people like crap.

Another thing is that I did make my displeasure known to management, but never was any compensation offered or any attempt to rectify anything made.

Stayed: February 2008
4  Thank weisinger_eric
piscesgirl41, Public Relations Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2008

We appreciate all comments from our guests, whether they are good or bad, except wherever the comment is not factual, then we believe a reply is warranted. This guest demanded compensation for his two nights (i.e. free stay) and if we didn't comply, he would post this review. We feel he was threatening us and we do not condone any form of blackmail.

The pictures of our hotel rooms are posted on our website and we have never had a prior complaint over the size of the hotel rooms. If this guest wanted larger accommodation, he could have upgraded to our 1-bed oceanfront suite, but had to pay an upgrade fee. Check-in time is between 2:00PM - 4:00PM like most hotels around the world in order for the maids to complete cleaning of each individual room. Check-in and check-out times are clearly stated on all confirmations as well as on our website. This guest and his girlfriend were very rude to our front desk staff. To diffuse their rudeness, we gave them two welcome drinks and towels for their use at the pool while they waited. We also gave them a free tropical breakfast for two days as well as a free massage which they failed to book the time for. This guest failed to mention this compensation in his review. After all that, they were still very rude and demanded more. They were assigned the first available room ... as soon as the maids finished cleaning it. All our rooms have tile floors and are thoroughly washed as part of the cleaning process. It normally takes between 10 to 15 minutes to thoroughly allow the floor to dry, this guest refused to wait necessary time allowed and checked in immediately. When the hotel is at 100% occupancy, the maids must work on a schedule so that all guests are taken care of.
We are a very lively hotel , with live music up to 3 night sper week, our bars close at 1:00AM as stated on our website. This guest should have booked at another hotel that did not have nightly entertainment if he wanted quiet evenings. At the time this guest stayed with us, most of the hotels in town of Jaco were full. This guest was given compensation during his stay, contrary to what is posted on his TripAdvisor review, and we also attempted to rectify any issues this guest had at the time.

Reviewed November 24, 2007

Jaco beach doesn't have the luxorious white sands and beautiful people sipping margheritas you might picture, but Copacabana's location on the beach is a great plus. You can listen to the waves while eating/drinking at their restaurant/bar. ATV tour in Jaco was great.

During my 5-day stay in a studio during late November, the rainy season was just ending so it was pretty sleepy. You do get to know the friendly and hospitable staff.

The neighboring hotel was also under renovation, but I don't blame Copacabana for that.

However, there was loud construction at Copacabana itself each day, near the rooms, usually starting at 10AM and ending around 5. This made sleeping in, on-site massages, and lounging at the pool/bar impractical. Copacabana should have been closed to reservations during this construction.

Also, our water didn't work for hours at a time, for several days (due to construction, probably). Their hot tub wasn't hot. Wi-Fi was spotty. Though power went out one night, several staff were immediately making rounds with flashlights, which felt very safe.

Great for young surfers on a pinch. If you're looking to relax, look for bigger and better.

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank imagine32
john0123, owner at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2008

We appreciate all comments from our quests be they good comments or bad,but were the comment is not factual then we believe a reply is warrented.I was there in Costa Rica when this gentleman stayed.We had water problems for 3 days because the Ramada Condominium project broke the main water line in the town and it took 3 days to fix.We along with many other establishments and tourist in the town had to deal with this ordeal.We have a large water tank at the Copacabana but not to last 3 days.Concerning the construction,we were not under construction.We were painting the metal stairs and to get down to the bare metal we used at times grinders to remove the paint and rust.We apologise for any inconvienence. We look upon this as general resort upkeep that is done through out the year to maintain our standards.

Reviewed July 29, 2007

With all of the choices in and around Jaco, I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

They have three or four dogs that run loose on the hotel site and while this might help to alert the staff to possible prowlers, it also makes for poor sleeping conditions as the dogs bark throughout the night and especially early in the morning when the delivery trucks arrive, or surfers make their way to the beach.

Also, even though I was garunteed a price through their website, they attempted to add about $15 U.S. on to the tab for the 2nd night claiming, "This is not the LOW, low season, but the medium low season". I challenged them on this and they removed it, but guess what? They apparently changed it again to my credit card after I left.

For the cost of the value received and all the other problems, it just isn't worth it.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank t-cruiser
john0123, Owner at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2008

I appreciate all comments be they good or bad.My business card is at the front desk for those that want to contact me on their holiday at the Copacabana.We then and currently have no prices on our web site,this though will shortly change so that there is no confusion on rates quoted to the public of what the staff said and the consumer heard.Concerning the dogs,the hotel has 2 dogs,but there is dogs that roam the beach that are not ours and we did have a problem on the beach when this gentleman stayed were several times we had to get the police involved to remove transients on the beach that had many dogs.No one in Costa Rica owns the beach and it is up to the authorities to police the beach.We have no rights to remove anyone were it does not involve our property.The problem has been long ago resolved and lasted for only a few days.We apologize to the gentleman on behave of the authories for not acting fast enough to resolve the issue.

Reviewed May 28, 2007

Just got back from 2 nights at the Copa. To start with, this is not what I would call a "Luxury" hotel, having just come from the Marriott in San Jose. However, I must say, the rooms were absolutely spotlessly clean. I walked around barefoot on my tile floor for a half a day and the soles were spotless! The location is excellent. About a block from the main drag in Jaco. It rained the entire time we were there. However, the entire management at the Copacabana were superb. In fact, our Hertz car conked out on us, and they helped us call Hertz. Knowing this was Central America, we didn't wait for the 12 noon arrival of Hertz, we went exploring and ended up at a restaurant on the beach. Lo and behold, about 3 o'clock the front desk person arrived at the restaurant with the Hertz guy to tell us they switched our car! When I asked her how she found us (we were 6 blocks away) she said she figured we were probably by the beach. I was stunned. I have never seen this kind of service before.
If you can afford it, take a suite on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Great views and about 4 times bigger than the normal room.

Stayed: May 2007