All reviews hotel is located costa rica manfred beach ocean pool balcony
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Hotel Pochote Grande is great for people looking for silence and an relaxed stay. Specifically during raining season (we have been there in August) the hotel is quite empty and therefore calm and a great place to stay. The Hotel Manager is very helpful, the food in the restaurant delicious, the pool wonderful and the rooms very clean and comfortable.
Small things to improve
- Refrigerator in the room as well as safe have to be paid separately (3 Dollar each per day), which is not adequate in my mind
- during vacation season it might be annoying that all rooms are facing the pool, where it will be quite noisy
- Water boiler and cups at the rooms would be nice
- Smoking (as all over Costa Rica) is not allowed in the whole hotel, even on the balcony it is forbidden. A cosy smokers area would please all smokers very much.

Room Tip: Room No 12, with sea view partially
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Bettina B
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Hotel was awesome! Friendly and polite staff. Clean and neat hotel with tall ceilings. Wifi in the hotel room was a bit weak, however I would highly recommend this hotel and would book again in my next trip to Jaco.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valentin G
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Our group of six stayed for one night and were able to hangout at the pool and restaurant for most of the next day while waiting to travel back to San Jose. Owner, Manfred, was very helpful and provided a room to lock up our luggage during the day, even though we had already checked out. Rooms were clean and food was very good. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank jerryberry2017
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

We had no problems here. For a beach hotel it is decent. The security really took their job seriously which made me feel comfortable about parking my vehicle. I definitely felt safe even though the area was dark at night. Security was always around and helpful. It's a 2 minute drive to all the jaco nightlife and restaurants.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Keyra R
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

We spent the weekend @ Pochote Grande with our Border Collie Pet and we had a great experience on this hotel!

The hotel room was on the first floor next to the pool and it was very clean with comfortable beds, A/C and hot water ... the surroundings are nice and welt kept

The staff was friendly and helpful during our stay and treated our extended family very well (my wife , me and our Pet)

We ate breakfast and lunch and the food was very tasty !

We would recommend this hotel and would definitely come back !! If you are looking for a cozy, friendly family owned hotel this is the place to come in Jaco.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family