All reviews vista mar pool bar local ladies every evening visiting costa rica pools beach carlos security cabs surf
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was an eye-opener. We walked over to the casino to play some slots and it's really not much of a casino. (Drinks are not free when you gamble like in Vegas). The main event here is the pool bar - for gentlemen, that is. This is the meeting point for local "working girls" to negotiate their rates before heading up to the hotel rooms. They are very young, beautiful, decked out in extreme clubwear, and ready to please. We arrived in the evening (9pm), and there were about 3 women for every male tourist. In total, there were about 200 ladies assembled already, including the ones walking around the building trying to get the attention of tourist gentlemen before they got to the pool bar. Deals were cut right and left. A very efficient business model. More girls were arriving in group taxis as we were leaving.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
21  Thank Tamara954
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This beautiful beachfront Hotel is located in the hart of Jaco Beach,and jet tucked away discreetly on
a side street in front of the ocean where people can be seen Surfing .The Casino is great fun,I meet
quite a variety of people there ,everybody is very friendly.The restaurant is super ,I had Eggs Benedict
for breakfast ,on the terrace while enjoying the ocean-breeze and my mouth still waters as I remember. I just wish that I would have stayed at the gorgeous Hotel Cocal ,instead of the Copacabana (dirty,overpriced,rude staff,ugly people).My new found buddies proudly showed off their
luxurious and cozy rooms to me .Next time I will reserve early,as this hotel is such a great deal that it is always booked out in summer,and even during the green season groups of friends come back here every year to have the greatest time.This is a Party Hotel with live music by the Pool bar and
up to 600 maybe more of the finest party girls from all over Latin America .Some are young and
and bouncy,and others are older and sophisticated .They are all absolutely Beautiful in their own ways.They where charging $150 an h on the average,but there where bargains for as little as $100
as well (they do expect a tip and cab fare,if you are not staying at the hotel ).I found that by paying the $150 to $200 I got much better service.It is smart to buy drinks for them if you want to get a warmed up and be popular.Popular guys get better choices and service,and if you do not want to spend quality time with one of them ,just buy them a drink and tell them that they are not your type tonight,but maybe another night and don't waste your and their time if you are not interested unless you want to pay them for talking to you.Remember that they are company girls and their time is money,so they expect a tip for spending time with you.It is heaven on earth for us Guys at the Cocal,sooo many beautiful Woman everywhere ,and so many different dress-styles and personality's
to enjoy.I you want to party the rooms around the pool are your best choice.If you want to rest ,I would recommend staying in front of the beach or at the spacious 3room condos that belong to the hotel.The rooms in front of the drive way are also popular ,but people will be coming and going from the casino until 2AM,but you will not hear the music from the pool bar there.The rooms are quiet enough for most people to stay in.I must say that the staff is very friendly but jet professional .
The whole place is kept very clean even the bathrooms at the bar and I almost forgot to mention the spectacular sunset dinner I enjoyed with one of the more sophisticated Lady s there.She looked American and spoke great English,she took me on a tour I will never forget.Needless to say I had the time of my life and can not wait to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the beach are quieter.Poolside rooms are more social/fun with live music on weekends.Driveway rooms are quieter than poolside (you do not hear the music) and quiet enough for most people 2nd floor is the most boring/quiet choice.If you like tons of space and silence you can pic one of the 3 room condos. most boring/quiet choice
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
9  Thank Thor002
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Not your average hotel. Came here to check it out after hearing about it from some locals. About of "gringos" old retired "gringos" hanging out with very young working girls. It's not family friendly at all. If you looking to pick up women easily... Then this is your place to be. Just keep it mind they cater to the old gringos first... Assuming they have deep pockets.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank Michael W
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Great place for the GUYS to unwind and get away from it all! Attractions where very easy to get to with help from the lovely Melva, (concierge) who gave us great direction and was very honest. Prices are negotiable, just compare on the street then come back to Melva. ATV rentals, Zip Line, Fishing and more.
Never had a bad meal anywhere on the strip in Jaco. Best Fish Tacos were found at Bubbas, one block away made with grilled Mahi and lots of toppings. The Wok was another favorite for catanese fusion of foods and much more. For all your shopping needs such as beer, liquor, and snack make sure you find the local Market Store. The convenient stores charge double and then some...

We stayed at the Vista Mar in a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom Condo overlooking the Hotel Cocal. We received all the amenities of the Hotel with daily room cleaning and Breakfast. Don't worry about the nightlife, as it is always found at the Hotel Bar and pool.

I could go on and on but the only disappointment was when we arrived at the airport to leave and nowhere did anyone or anything I read on the internet mention the $29.00 Tax to leave the Country of Costa Rica.
No big deal but would of liked to have been notified in advance. Some tourist were forced to beg for money because their Credit Cards were not accepted. Visa,Mastercard or Cash only!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ken S
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Comfortable beds, cleanliness and modern bathroom with a spacious stand-up shower make this a comfortable place to relax but the gaps in the door frame allow light and critters in as well as noise. The food is excellent on the terrace or in the room. We opted to stay here because of the location in the middle of the strip, food and casino but ended up walking out of the casino because of an overbearing pit-boss.

Room Tip: The Poolside is noisy until midnight on weekdays and 2 am on weekends. The courtyard is facing the parking lot so expect a lot of noise and horns honking past 3am every night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends