“Good for men on "the hunt"”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Hotel Cocal & Casino
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My first stay here. Yes, a lot of hooker action, and loud music at night. So, be prepared, if this is not your thing. Construction was going on, not very peaceful. Should be done by now. Had a beachfront room (recommened), though very small, and behind the bar/loud music. Food at the restaurant was quite good. Also, had an on site outdoor masseuse.

Room Tip: They have JR. Suite (beachfront), that I originally booked. Was told there was construction going on...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank 2dragon2

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I went with my husband. the rooms are modern and clean. But the heavy atmosphere. At afternoon begins to fill with hookers looking for customers. At night had 30 hookers stalking guys in pool area, it was terrible . Is a great place if guys is looking hookers...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
25  Thank Kate C
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The rooms are nice.
But. The hotel has turned into the local gathering spot for hookers and the guys that seek them. There is a central courtyard with a pool. At night the music comes out and so do the hookers. The place is filled with the ladies of the night and there followers (old guys with money) A local friend laughed when we told him where we were staying. He said, " I wouldn't take my socks off and walk across that floor if I were you!"
It comes with breakfast and is ocean front.
Great for guys who like hookers...everyone else, not so much

Room Tip: Don't stay near the pool if you want any sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank AlohaAmy
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My wife and I had a great time. Nice pool. Nice staff. Food was amazing. Very calm.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank ronviella
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I recently visited Costa Rica with four other buddies for sportsfishing. I did not choose this hotel. After being told where we were staying, I will admit I was concerned about the other ratings. So, my expectations were low.

We had five rooms oceanfront, all in a row and next to one another. Some of the guys were smokers (they did have a smoking area right outside the oceanfront rooms). We checked in and then gathered at the extreme end of the oceanfront rooms so as to be as far away as we could from the other hotel residents. We are five guys who had not seen each other in a while so we had a lot of catching up to do. I am sure we were too loud, perhaps profane at times, drank too much, and smoked cigars and cigarettes. But, we were trying not to offend.

The hotel manager and the hotel staff recognized that we were not going to be trouble and they were terrific. They genuinely wanted us to enjoy ourselves and they overlooked some of our innocent trangressions. They added to our enjoyment of Costa Rica and the Hotel Cocal!

Yes, there was loud music in the courtyard. Yes, there were girls there also. But, there were also families there enjoying the music. There was peaceful coexistence. No aggression.

The Casino is small but entertaining. I lost exactly what I planned to lose.

The beach and the ocean were fabulous and right at the front door!

My strongest complaint is that the loud music did not stop, even during weekdays, until midnight. We were getting up at 6am for a fishing trip way off the coast. I lost out on needed sleep.

Otherwise, the price was very reasonable. I thought the hotel was clean.

So, if you will not be offended by the girls, go ahead and enjoy this perfectly located hotel in Jaco.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Sea Ya' I
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Cocal in years past but wouldnt want to be within 2 blocks of the place now. It is nothing but a prostitute hang out . I will miss the great food at the resturant but it aint worth hearing drunks half the night. Stayed in the condo behind Cocal recently and the noise was awful.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank dejiii
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Maybe I'm just an old-fashioned girl but I'm ashamed that my beautiful adoptive country has places like this. We went there for a three-day bridge workshop but stayed at the smaller Mango Mar next-door, thank goodness. The Cocal pool area was filled with out-of-shape Gringo guys and surgically-enhanced local young women hanging on them looking for customers. One was in a red satin cocktail dress with rhinestones mid-afternoon. Loser guys and "working girls," period. Disgusting! On the positive side, our meeting room had a beautiful panoramic view of the beach and the open-air restaurant served generous portions of very good reasonable food.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere, not here!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends