“Fantastic Experience!”
Review of Hotel Club del Mar

Hotel Club del Mar
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Club Del Mar for three nights. We absolutely loved it! We stayed in one of the two bedroom units. It was clean, comfortable and beautiful both inside and from every window view. The staff was extremely helpful and the service was great. The beach in jaco is beautiful and not too crowded. This hotel is at the end of the beach and is in a perfect location. We took surf lessons, which was very fun. The sunsets were exceptional and the pool area was amazing. This is on the top of our list of places to return.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My extended family, friends, and I are so happy (and fortunate!) to have stayed in Hotel Club del Mar.

To begin, we were in the Jaco area for my wedding at a different location. There were numerous friend and family groups traveling in from the United States, Canada, and China with people of all different ages, interests, and needs.

We had a fantastic stay here. The condos were really superb (huge living spaces and kitchen, large, clean, and modern rooms, all the amenities a family would need!) and so were the individual suites. The hotel is also right on the beach. We would walk out of the condo, across the pool (great for kids and adults!) and well-kept grounds, right onto the beach and into the ocean. It was also very accessible from the main road, as well as from the beach for those friends who liked to walk to the downtown area by that route.

I can go on all day about the hotel itself, but the true value of staying at Hotel Club del Mar is the excellent service. The owner, Philip, was a godsend to us. We had some major trouble with a rental car agency, and Philip really went to bat for us. He really takes his guests under his wing, watches out for their best interests, and makes sure they have a perfect vacation. He is always on the premises during the day, and meets personally with all his guests. The staff he employs are gracious and professional as well. If for no other reasons than the staff's graciousness and professionalism, I speak for my family and friends in highly recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: The condos are great! If you are traveling with your family or a group of friends, I'd highly re...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Betty J
Reviewed January 24, 2014

It's easy to enthuse about a great holiday, and that in itself would be a straight forward task after staying at Del Mar. But. It wouldn't do justice to what Philip and his team have created, so I hope this does. You don't walk into reception and find yourself hit by the clichéd scripts of sanitised corporate hospitality, that simply see money in foreign travellers; you go into the reception and you're greeted with an abundance if calm kindness that glides through every moment you will experience at Del Mar. And those moments are like magic. The premise is designed to incorporate the surrounding forests into open spaces of the restaurant, bar, poolside and guides you out to the beach where sand, warm sunshine and the evening view of an immense sunset will define the happy memories of your holiday. The team has a natural confidence to understand customer service without expectation and without intruding; the result is a beautiful mix of privacy and company throughout your stay. Any question you may have will be answered with informed enthusiasm, and every member of the team is a delight to speak to. Rooms are immaculate, sound proof and fully equipped with fridges (having stayed in alt 4stat acc in Jaco, this is clearly not the type of attention to detail to which they all adhere, but at Del Mar nothing has been forgotten).

I am a female, travelling alone and felt more comfortable at Del Mar than I sometimes have at home (London).

More than that, the magic of the place suits everyone from single travellers, to couples, families and groups of friends. It's a real experience of Costa Rica and while it may leave you wishing you had more time to stay, when your holiday is over you'll understand what they mean by Pura Vida.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Solo T
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed here for a week for surf camp and yoga as a solo female traveler. I always felt safe, had plenty to do and never had to leave the hotel if I didn't want to. The staff are SUPER friendly, they remember your name, and it is on the end of the beach so it doesn't get a lot of the beach foot traffic other places get. I didn't have to leave if I didn't want to which was a big plus. The food was also delicious! It was better than the food out in Jaco in town. The place is a 20 minute walk down the beach to town during the day and a 5 minute cab ride at night. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Diana E
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a decent hotel. I'm a Costarican princess, if you are looking for all-inclusive, stunning beach, and 4+star then this is not the place for you. This is an average 3.5 star. My parents picked it as it is a short drive from San Jose. The good: I liked their pool, and everything was clean and nice enough. The hotel is safe for Jaco. We used the safe for our valuables. I didn't mind the room. Loved sleeping with the fan and the doors open to hear the ocean but if it's too hot, the ac works fine. The gardens are pretty and I got enough sun and pool-time to make me happy before coming back to Canada. The hotel is isolated from the town and main beach which is nice. The beach is an ugly one but the sunsets are gorgeous. The hotel staff were super friendly, especially the owner, the food was cheaper than the awful restaurants in town, and everything was decent enough. Loved their traditional casado fish meal, the seafood pasta, and the rice with shrimp. Everything else was blah. The not so great: Some of the pool chairs need replacing, the roof looks rough, and Jaco beach is not the best that CR has to offer. Jaco is a tourist trap and not as safe at night. Please note the ocean has jelly fish called 'Hilo de oro' at certain times of the year and Jaco is wonderful for surfing, but has strong rip-currents. I had a lovely time, but neither Jaco nor the hotel wouldn be my first choice.

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank LPH2015
Reviewed January 12, 2014

great service, great space, excellent apartments and food. beach is not very nice (black muddy sand) but as overall I have nothing negative to say. if you are in one of the apartments you need to clean it yourself but that is no hard job. built in washing machine and dryer in a cupboard and loads of storage.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Excellent Attention, we get a digestive liquor cup as courtesy after our dinner. But the food was not awesome, my fish was over cooked and the mash potato is from a box, for that price so high, I would expect a natural puree and fresh fish.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anamaria1984
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
Hotel Villa Caletas
Hotel Villa Caletas
#2 of 48 in Jaco District

Been to Hotel Club del Mar? Share your experiences!