Hotel Balcon del Mar
South Beach Hotel(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$89
Copacabana Hotel & Suites(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$107
Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$75
$73
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Creole(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$79
Hotel Mar de Luz(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$80
$75
$128
Apartotel Flamboyant(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$95
$67
  • Pool
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$98
$88
Orbitz.com
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$71
Agoda.com
$69
$67
All reviewsparty townbeachfront hotelmanuel antoniooceansurfingtourswaves
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Hi just spent 2 weeks in balcon del mar apartments.Me and my boyfriend had an amazing time, great view from the apartments could see the beach people were lovely.Rachel and Jason run the pool bar over there Skinners and the food is amazing its exactly what you need to wake up and feel better after the night before not to mention how friendly and welcoming they are feels like your at home.We loved it so much were going back over for new years.We'd definately recommend it to anyone thinking of going over we really dont have a bad word to say about it at all.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alimoson
Reviewed April 12, 2009

After complaining to the manager over the phone about the dump he calls a hotel he told me:

"We don't live off of low lives like you, you are free to leave if you want, but we will not be offering you a refund." (and then proceeded to hang up on me)
_______

I stumbled onto this hotel after arriving to Jaco Beach and what a NIGHTMARE it was.

1. The rooms are way overpriced.
2. The staff is incompotent and DISRESPECTFUL.
3. The hotel is unsafe. Your stuff will get stolen.
4. The hotel has ridiculous policies.

At the front desk they made an error on our registration and informed us later that we owed them money. This would have never happened if the girl at the front desk wasn't busy flirting with my father when we registered.

There are only two computers which you have to wait to use. The bedding and towels feel like sandpaper. The beds are hard. I heard other hotel guests complaining to the front desk about things (sunglasses and cologne) missing from their rooms. My dad came to drop something off for me and they told him that security had to follow him to the room for him to talk to me? Since when aren't you allowed guests in your room? When I complained to the guy at the front desk (Steven) he laughed! After demanding to speak to the manager for about 10 minutes he put him on the phone and thats when I was informed by the manager that I was a low life. Well it didn't appear that way when I was paying in dollars.

They make you wear a bracelet and when my sisters fell off the guy (Steven) at the front desk called her out in front of everyone at the pool. He had absolutely no tact.

I could really go on and on about the horrible experience I had here. I am amazed that an establishment like this exists. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and have never been so disrespected in my life. Talk about the lack of hospitality. I would not recommend this hotel to an enemy. I will be glad when its bulldozed away.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2009

The restaurant staff was friendly and very accomodating. Beautiful outdoor pool and sitting area. Free computer use in the reception area. The rooms aren't anything fancy for what you pay, but the outdoor atmosphere and beach front location is what makes this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2009

My Boyfriend and I spent an amazing week at the Balcon Del Mar Apartments in June last year! When we first entered the reception at 11pm we were worried it would b a bit old fashioned but wen we woke up the next morning we discovered that we had an amazing view! From the bedroom window you could see the volcano's and from the living room you could see the sea, the white apartments, the palm trees and boats in the sea! The outside area's were perfect and as we were on a hill, you had panoramic views of the blue sea! The pools were peaceful with a small bar, but we spent most of our time on the beach, which was almost empty! The staff were very helpfull, we had our room cleaned 3 times, it was so quiet and very safe.

The only downfall was the walk to the beach, lots of hills, but taxi's are cheap and the night life on the strip was much better than the older part of the town if you like lively resturants, bars and being able to walk on the beach at night! Food is cheap, picnicks on the beach and you can get set meals for under 10 euros! Very friendly locals!

We will definatly be going to Puerto Del carmen again, possibly Balcon Del Mar, but probably somewhere closer to the beach, the long walk really is the only reason for going somwhere else!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Just spent the Chrismas, New Years Holiday there (13 days), a great place to stay. Could not have wished for better service, from all the departments. Rooms are a good size, and great veiws, sunsets from the pool deck could not be beat.
Located on the beach at the center of Jaco beach, making easy to all the other location in town
The hotel transfer service, was great to with new cars.
Overall great value, great service.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)