All reviews jaco beach buffet style all inclusive package san jose beach bar beach access central america rice and beans pura vida pebbles costa ocean tours waves iguanas disco guard
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a 5 day reservation. We arrived at 1:30 & we’re grateful that our room was ready early however they would not let us eat until 3 o’clock. We had to wait at check in line 2nd to get a wrist bands to eat. Why they made us wait to a buffet which was full of food that I’ve been sitting out for hours is beyond my comprehension. During dinner they had the tv on the first level playing so loud it ruined our quiet dinner. We went to the front desk to complain about the cartoon playing so loudly. On my second day I was very very sick from something I at either at lunch or dinner. On my 3rd I left and went to another hotel for two nights. On my last night I came back to the hotel and they played boom boom music till 1:30 am. I had to get up at 3:45 am to make my flight home.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marjorie E, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear CarolinaSH74, thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us.

We are very sorry to learn that you got sick, we hope that you are already feeling much better. We are very distressed to learn that it was not up to your expectations so please, accept our most sincere apologies for it. The reason why our hotel has a regulation which does not allows guests inside the premises before the scheduled check in time (3 p.m.) is due that it is an all inclusive hotel & resort. If our guests want to enjoy the premises and all the all inclusive services before the aforementioned time, they have to pay a fee. We also apologize for that t.v. was so loud, hopefully our staff did turn down the volume when you requested it. Once again, we are very sad and sorry that your stay with us was not up to your expectations.

It was a pleasure being at your service. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My trip was on room 305 from Sept 14 through 17, 2018. The best thing about this hotel is how nice and acomodating the staff is. The food has good variety and it was balanced in general. Drinks were great, and shots werent from generic liquor, but branded which is a big deal for me. The garden is well groomed The hotel buildings are evidently old, but you can tell it receives good maintenance, the rooms are clean and recently painted, we experienced no issues with the A/C, water, towels and other ameninties. Wifi has great coverage I was able to get signal up to the edges of the property, while the speed is mid-range in my opinion I was pleased to notice I never lost connectivity and it had no anoying login screens.There are things that you could do better though, for example there was to my suprprise no ceviche on the menu :( this is a must for me. The pool area receives a lot of sun and I think everyone would benefit if you install umbrellas where the beach beds are, since people wake up very early and reserve the few that have some shade. I also suggest to leave a few water bottles in the guest rooms daily , this would go a long way in improving experience.

Room Tip: The rooms are neat, but you should look into a facelift to give the hotel a more modern look
Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear fmoracr, thank you so much for sharing your nice and very detailed comments regarding your stay with us.

We are very happy that it was such a success since you were able to rest, relax, enjoy the beach and have lots of fun and nothing is more important to us than our guests' total comfort and satisfaction. We strive to provide very comfortable accommodations, beautiful landscaping, excellent all inclusive services so our guests can have a very pleasant and fun hotel experience.We really do appreciate your kind advice of what we should do to improve, we really thank you for them and we assure you that we are going to share them immediately with our Management so they can take them into account because as we mentioned before, nothing is more important than our guests' total comfort and satisfaction. We are very proud to have a very attentive and friendly staff whom are always going above and beyond for our guests, and always with big, warm smiles across their faces.

It was a pleasure being at your service. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you back soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place was wonderful with a great location, beautiful beach view, good food, and friendly staff. The only reason I didn’t give this resort a 5 stars is because the last couple of nights there everything became in Spanish. All the games for the guest, and entertainment were solely in Spanish so didn’t feel included. Other than that I had no complaints and would stay again

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marjorie E, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear babiegrl3, thank you for sharing your very nice comments about your stay with us.

We are truly glad that it was such a good hotel experience, finding our all inclusive services so good (especially our the food), our staff so friendly and our location so good (besides being right at the beach and with direct access to it we are only a couple of blocks from downtown Jaco). This is very rewarding since nothing is more important than our guests' total comfort and satisfaction. We are very distressed that you did not feel included in our games and with the entertainment we offer; please accept our most sincere apologies for it. We are going to let our Management know what happened so that they can see t6o it that in the near future the entertainment and games can be both in spanish and in english. Once again, please accept our apologies for it.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Clean Rooms, Clean areas, Friendly staff. Stayed for two nights. Night entertainment. Relaxed atmosphere. Beach is right outside your room. Beautiful sunsets. Close to restsurants and stores. Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear cruzer118, thanks for posting your awesome comments.

We are delighted to learn that your stay with us was very pleasant since you found our accommodations so comfortable and our staff so attentive because we really thrive on our guests' total comfort and satisfaction. We are also very glad that you found our location so convenient since besides our proximity to downtown Jaco (we are just a couple of blocks away) we are right at the beach and have direct access to it.

Best regards.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Room rather simple and plain but good for the price. Beautiful view toward the ocean from my balcony. Food selection and drinks also good for the price.
Tried to book shuttle back to SJO Airport in San Jose in advance. Yaudanni Duarte told me I would need to come to the concierge desk to book when I got there to tell him when I needed to go, even though I told him three times in email. I was a little nervous about making sure I got to the airport on time. When I got there to book the ride, he told me I would have to pay double occupancy to guarantee my ride! $84 instead of the $42 I had been quoted by email. I offered to show him his email but he made a phone call, spoke some Spanish, and then agreed to the previously agreed upon price. Then told me I would have to pick up receipt from the front desk in 20 minutes after he was gone. Again a little nervous about what I would find on that receipt but fortunately it all turned out all right. Made it to the airport with time to spare! Interestingly, no one ever asked to see my paperwork to board the shuttle or confirm my destination. You go up the rode a ways and change vans. Fortunately there was another passenger who was multi-lingual who offered translation also headed to the airport!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Marjorie E, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Dear sbrooks2018, thank you very much for sharing your nice comments about your stay.

It makes us very happy that it was so pleasant and that you found our hotel to be of such good value for the money. We strive to provide our guests with comfortable accommodations, excellent all inclusive services and with a wonderful staff who would not hesitate to go above and beyond for our guests so that can have everything they might need so they can rest and enjoy themselves all they want without having any hassles or worries. We are very glad that your return to the airport went very smooth and that you were able to get there with enough time to spare.

It was a pleasure being at your service. Thank you for staying with us, we really hope to see you again soon.

Best regards.