“Very Very Nice Better than Ecpected!!!”

Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
Toronto
“Very Very Nice Better than Ecpected!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2006

First of all you get what you paid for it's not a 5 star hotel!!! So stop complaning like it was!!
The hotel is about an hour and a half to two hours away from San Jose. Nice drive but do expect alot of hills and winding roads.

The hotel grounds were very well maintained, rooms were clean and spacious and comfortable, bathrooms were nice and spacious too!! Dinning room was on the second floor open air concept very nice!! Food was keept very divers for all meas,l you will see your basics day in and day out but expect that in any hotel. you just can't go to a central american hotel and not see rice and beans for breakfast lunch and dinner it's unheard of (i'm spanish) I live by that code!! Joking aside the hotel staff was amezing very friendly and helpfull except for a few bad apples at the front desk!!
The bar staff was AMAZING...Props to those guys and girls!! Ask them to make you a MyTie!!!
Yummy thinking of it!! Anyways during the day realisticly your not in your room...we were out an about on a tour or SHOPPING!! Lots and lots of great stuff to buy, i didn't know where to start. you'll get some really good shots of the sunt set... i never made it to the sunrise had to settel for sunsets..beautiful never the less!!
One thing the hotel mentions internet access for free but be ware that their is only one computer and it's "slow" ya so their is and internet cafe down the main road where you can call back home and check your emails for cheep!
Oh and the hotel puts on a really good saturday night show in the bar so don't miss it some our group missed it and it was the best night we had (it was agroup of 30) the ones that missed it hear about it the next day and felt left out!!! And if you are thinking of skinny dipping well go out their in a group, take only beach towles on ( some one from our skinny dipping club got their cloths stolen by a local at night on the beach).
Don't expect the 5 star pool ...........nooooooo it's anice pool clean and it's not salty, it's refresing after all day at sea!!
I don't recomend Tortuga Island on the Calypso..Island was dissapointing nothing there to do...and the little few things you have to pay for it...no worth the trip!!
I do recomend the Canopy tour, horse back and water falls, manuel antonio national park, Baldi Arenal Tour was the best!!!
Anyways hope this helps make you decision!!
Fun Travels

Okay so i can't spell...sorry!!

• Stayed March 2006
13 Thank kperez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed June 26, 2006

When I first went to Costa Rica in 2000 I was supposed to stay here but my friend and I got transfered to another hotel. I fell in love with the country and next year decided to got back and see what Best Western Jaco was like. Only thing,Ii couldn't find anyone to go with. I am an adventurous but shy person and have never been anywhere alone. But I missed Costa Rica so much i had to go myself. Let me tell you I almost chikened out at the air port. I'm so glad i didn't because going there was the best thing I have ever done in my life. The Best Western Is The Best!!!!!!!!!! The staff were so friendly I even stayed in touch with a few. I met so many friendly people from all over and went on a few tours that were set up right in the hotel lobby the Guides were knowledgable and friendly(as is everyone in costa rica). I loved it so much I wen't again the next year alone again and did the rest ouf the tours and had a blast. I have been at this spacific hotel 3 times and recomend it to all who want to go to costa rica. Thank you best western for some of the best memories of my life! including my Honymoon

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto
Reviewed June 24, 2006

Went on vacation on March/2006

A group of 30 actually went...and it was amazing. The location was prime with an entire street of shops and restaurants and at night a bunch of bars that you can easly walk to.

The rooms were clean and spacious. The food was soooo good and a good variety every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Staff was fabulous except for one front desk agent... i wouldn't name HER...but watch out!!

The property overall was very nicly keept and clean. Not once did i ever see any garbage lying around.

They advertise internet access but there is only one computer for everyone to use... but not to worry if your not patient their is an internet cafe down the street.

The beach was very clean they provide the beach chairs... the tied is a little strong so always stay close with your children. Beautiful sunset my fav part of the trip was the sunset times!!

The only bad thing is the construction that was taking place right beside the hotel...... otherwise everything was fabulous.

7 Thank kperez
Reviewed June 22, 2006

My Husband and I stayed here for 2 nights during our 3 week honeymoon in Costa Rica. We had spent 1 1/2 weeks hiking and treaking all over and when we arrived at Jaco beach took advantage of the All-Inclusive the Best Western offered. We loved it and had a great time.

True, the rooms are nothing special and do need an update, however; we were only in our room at night! We spent the entire day on the beach and by the pool, eating and drinking. The advantage to the All inclusive. They had a very nice big pool and the beach was beautiful. It was during the low season when we were there, so it was not crowded. Although we were there during the rainy season (Beginning of it) we didn't see any rain at Jaco, actually during the entire 3 weeks we only saw 3 days with rain, and even at that the rain didn't last longer than 45 min. We saw some beautiful sunsets from Jaco Beach.

The food was great, lots of variety. We loved the special made smoothies at breakfast. If you are going to stay here, go for the All-Inclusive, it is not that much more money and is worth it! Make sure you try the Guaro!! Yum!!

The staff was very friendly and helped us with any request we had.

We would deffinatley stay here again!

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 14, 2006

I checked in with two of my friends in the beginning of June. It was our last day in Costa Rica. We entered the dark, dingy room and were welcomed with a dank smell and mold on the walls and bedframe. There was a dead cockroach on the floor. The safe was old and did not have a key. The entire room was sooo depressing and out of date.

We talked the front desk into giving us a refund. They had charged us $113 USD. We ended up checking into the Los Suenos Marriott for $150. It was totally worth it. The rooms are clean, bright and have the most comfortable beds. The swimming pool was enormous. It is better not to cut corners and to stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed June 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Jaco hotels

Montréal, Québec
Reviewed April 6, 2006

I stayed there between March 27th and April 3rd and I had a great time. The rooms are basic but very clean, anyways there are so many things to do around that you won't be staying in your room much anyways... One day we rented a car and drove to Sarchi a nice little town we they sell nice souvenirs, it was a nice experience. We also did the big canopy tour (the one that has 25 cable and waterfalls) and it was great. We had a lot of fun... We also went to the Arenal Volcano and the Manuel Antonio park and they are really great tours.

As for the hotel, the staff is very friendly (try to learn some spanish words) and pleasent. The food is good (listen it's a 3star hotel and not a five star). The breakfeast and lunches were always good but I got a little tired of the dinners. We took a walk downtown Jaco one night and went out to eat and the food wasn't very expensive and was delicious.

The beach is very nice and cleaned every morning but the waves are rough so I spent more time in the pool.

To conclude, I had a great trip for the price paid and I don't have anything to complain about. Costa Rica is a great country and the hotel has good stuff to offer.

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank Gennie L l
Williamsville, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2006

We just returned from a four day stay at this hotel. I have given a lot of thought to this review, as my feelings about the resort are very mixed.
We stayed at the Best Western because of the convenience in making reservations, and the ability to cancel if necessary. We rented a car in San Jose and were uncertain about driving in the country, as we had received so many cautions about doing so. Anyway, the road from San Jose to Jaco was very pleasant and beautiful. The trip took about two hours, and although you have to travel some very narrow and winding roads, it was a very nice experience to see the countryside.
On the downside, the rooms at this hotel are pretty bad - very small, basic and dark. My reservation was made for a non-smoking room, and it took three attempts to get one. I don't know why this request was so difficult, and it delayed our getting into our room following check-in time for 1 1/2 hours.
On the positive side, we enjoyed the convenient beach access. It was a much nicer beach than we had anticipated from previous reviews. There were plenty of chairs available, together with some shade from palm trees, and the beach was relatively uncrowded. The staff was friendly, and the open-air dining room was pleasant.
I would recommend this hotel if you don't plan on being in the room much. I think that it is a great place for families with small children.
If you want something nicer, the Marriott is about 10 minutes north - you will also pay three times more for a room there! The other places to stay in Jaco didn't seem too great. The other choice would be to stay at a hotel further south in Manuel Antonio, since you will probably be going there to sightsee anyway. We saw several local hotels in that area, but can't give you any specifics, as we didn't research them.
As a previous review said - "enjoy the experience!"

• Stayed February 2006
9 Thank Stanleymaxwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
#1 of 41 in Jaco
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
#1 of 2 in Punta Leona

Been to Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort? Share your experiences!