“Butlins for Costa Rica”

Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed in this place, what a mistake! We were traveling through and thought we'd do the all inclusive for a night, the only good thing was that our stay was only a night. The rooms are very dated, and I mean very dated. The AC sounded like an aircraft. The pools alright and it was nice that the drinks were included. The food though was pants, it was pretty clear it was done as cheaply as possible. When we went to bed at 10pm for an early night the music in the bar started and wouldn't finish till 1am. This was just a normal weekday night. It was so loud there pretty much wasn't anywhere you could get away from it. Reception didn't care, wasn't their problem. Their answer was we could try and move all our stuff into another room and see if that worked but it probably wouldn't was there answer. If all you want to do is eat rubbish food and get smashed every night, you'll have a great time, otherwise avoid.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Snow1985
Marjorie E, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Snow 1985, thank you for sharing your review.
Our guests´ feedback is extremely important for us because they let us how the hotel and its services are truly perceived, that way, we can know for sure what we need to do to keep on improving .
We are very sorry to learn that your stay with us was not of your complete satisfaction because we do really strive to make our guests´ stays as comfortable and convenient as possible; always making sure that all their needs and requests are fulfilled. Right now, the hotel is undergoing total renovations of its infrastructure and the rooms are bieng completely remodelled so all the furnishings and electrical devices are going to be renewed.

We are going to share with our Food and Beverages Staff your comments about how you found the quality of the food so they can take them into account and get to work on it. Regarding the music´s volume, your comments have already been shared with our brands standard team so they can promptly resolve the issue.
About the shortcomings you received at the Reception when you complained about the music, we will look into it as soon as possible because we really do take the comfort of our guests most seriously and any problems we are made aware of are dealt as quickly as possible.

Once again, we apologize for your inconveniences and we will do everything in our power to resolve the issues you experienced. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Best regards.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The rooms had old furniture that was falling apart. The door leading to the balcony had gaps that allowed the hot air to come in. The radio at the pool and at the bar is played way too loud so that it is uncomfortable to lay out by the pool or take a nap in your room. The food was good but they run out of the better type of food early. Recommendation: Offer bacon in the morning every other day. Stop serving spam as ham. It tastes gross! Offer shrimp in garlic sauce for dinner or lunch. Make an elevator going to the restaurant for disabled people. It's not fair that someone in a wheelchair or with difficulties walking, can't access the buffet and has to eat in a table isolated downstairs.
The worst part was that the water became contaminated on New Year's day 2014. I called the front desk to let them know that the water coming out of my shower and faucet had a very strong smell like paint thinner or gasoline. The front desk attendant told me to come down to use another bathroom by the office. I called again a few hours later to let them know the smell continued and they never sent anyone to my room to fix the problem. Other guests complained about their eyes burning after taking a shower and they were ignored. The general manager never called the Health Department to notify them of the problem. Instead, they called an agency to come out to test the water so that they wouldn't have to close down the hotel and lose money. The continued to cook with the water, allowed hotel guests to take showers, brush their teeth, wash their hands with that water.
***This is what the hotel should have done if they cared about the guests and not just making money:
Immediately notified all of the guests about the plumbing breaking and the water getting contaminated with gasoline/deisel.
Called the health department to do a thorough check of the plumbing
Provided all guests with bottled water to drink and a large bottle of water to take a shower
Offered the guests the option of going to a sister hotel somewhere else

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kimmy619
Marjorie E, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Kimmy619, thank you so much for sharing your comments about your stay with us. We take our guests´ comments very seriously because they make us see exactly what their opinions and points of views about the hotel and its services really are, and with that valuable feedback, we are able to see what we can do to improve. That way, we can make them feel totally satisfied, getting everything they expect and much more.
We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay since we thrive on our guests´ complete comfort and well being. We are going to take into account your recommendation about the radio´s volume at the pool and bar. We are also going to share your opinions and recommendations about our buffets´ dishes to our Food and Beverages Staff so they can get to work on them as quickly as possible.
Because we do take the comfort and satisfaction of our guests so seriously, we are very happy to inform you that the hotel is actually going through a complete renovation and remodelations, its infrastructure, the rooms, all their furnishings and their electrical devices so all our guests can always have the highest quality of services and accommodations possible.
We apologize for your inconvenience. Thank you for staying with us, it was a pleasure having you with us.
Best regards

Reviewed December 25, 2013

You get what you pay for. Fine for the budget minded traveler with excellent location, but the interior is horribly dated and the WiFi is the slowest I've ever experienced. Food was ok, not great, not bad. Who can complain about a never-ending open bar though? Don't get a room that overlooks the pool if you can; some American and Latin families let their kids run around screaming at the top of their lungs for hours on end.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavioHadzi
Marjorie E, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear DavioHadzi, thank you for posting your review since they are very helpful for us because we get to see how our guests see our hotel and the services we provide, that way we are always able to keep improving iso we can give them everything they need and guarantee their total satisfaction. It makes us very glad to knowhow much you enjoyed our open bars and our excellent location.
We are sorry that you found our infrastructure dated but as you could see, the hotel is undergoing complete renovations and the rooms are being remodeled in order to provide our guests with the most comfortable accommodations to make their stay with us a great experience. The Wi.fi is experiencing some difficult because of that reason too, but as soon as all the work is finnishe we can assure you that not only our guests are going to get a great Wi-fi, but also they are going to enjoy much more they stay with us.
Thank you for staying with us, it was a pleasure having you with us.
Best regards and the entire team whishes you a Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I live in Jaco and when I returned from a recent visit from the US, I found my electric shut off. It was too late to do anything at the time so I needed a room quick. I booked Best Western on line for 1 person in 1 room for a total of $128. Check in was smooth. I had just come from the airport and had a lot of baggage including a bike. There was a bellman there to assist. They assigned me room 128 on the first floor (due to all the luggage). This was on the North side of the hotel about mid hall. The room was VERY standard. One queen bed and one single bed. The furniture was old and was showing signs of wear. I flipped on the large window/floor A/C unit on high and knew immediately this was going to be a problem. I left the hotel for about 2 hours and when I returned the room was still luke warm. Once I laid still in bed and didn't move for an hour, it seemed to cool down but not great. It was very quite in this part of the hotel.

The next day my electric was still not on so I booked this room for another night for the same price. I didn't have all the luggage now so I told them I wanted a different room with working A/C. I was assigned to room 411. In the same building as the first night but facing the pool and restaurant. Once I stepped inside I noticed a distinct difference in the quality of the room. The decor was exactly the same but everything seemed newer. Some signs of wear but nothing like the room on the first floor. This room also had an outside balcony for nice viewing of the pool and ocean. The AC unit started right up and blew cold air. I had to turn it down in the middle of the night. Speaking of the middle of the night (well for us older people). The rooms facing the pool also face the Bar, the bar stays open until 1am…every night….. and the music is pumped up for a good time for anyone wanting to party till the wee hours. If you want to sleep, you might opt for a room facing the other direction.

Now for the food. It consists of a nice mix of the typical tico food…beef, chicken, pork, rice and beans along side other more american type dishes of pasta and potatoes. Many salads and desserts with a wide range of drink choices also. The restaurant is open three times a day for three hours each time. Come back as much as you like during that time. I would think this would be a great value to families. I think the food option made my stay a little more enjoyable and added to the value.

This would be a good "safe" first stop for the traveler that wanted to explore. Come here knowing you'll have a ok room and food for a day then go explore for your next stop. There are many great eating establishments in Jaco that you have to get out and enjoy so that would devalue the all inclusive aspect….

I would recommend this if you want a safe place to call home while you explore the area.

Room Tip: Away from pool for quitter nights
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank wbailey6
Marjorie E, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Whailey6, thank you for posting such a complete review about your stay with us. Reviews like yours are very important for us since they provide us with detailed pictures of our clients´ points of view about the hotel and it´s services and it shows us how we can improve them in order to make their stay an incredible and satisfying experience.
We are always striving to provide our guests with super comfortable accommodations and the highest quality of services that will satisfy their every need and will make their stay a very comfortable one. Our hotel staff is also very serious about providing excellent costumer service. that is why it is our complete pleasure to comply with everything they may need and to surround them with a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere. As you could see, thehotel is undergoing a complete renovation not only in the rooms but also with the complete infrastructure so many things are going to be updated and changed for the total benefit of our guests.
We apologize for not having all the rooms already remodeled and renovated but as you know, large scale renovations take time and they have to be done part by part We are delighted to learn how much you liked the food of our buffets and the variety of dishes they offered since we try to please everyone offering different things for different tastes.
Our main goal is to take care of the well being of all our guests and I can guarantee that we do indeed accomplish it since we do everything in our power to make their stay with us the best it can be and we make sure that when they leave they will have a big smile across their faces when they remember what a great vacation they had while staying with us.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and the entire staff wish you Happy Holidays.
Best regards.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I found this hotel to be much different than other BWs which I have stayed at. When my partner and I arrived at the hotel we were not able to use any of the facilities other than the parking lot until check in, which is at 3:00 pm. When we got to our room, the floor was very wet...to me it was very disconcerting. Yes, the room was clean. The air conditioner worked well but I think the filters needed changing or cleaning. The shampoo, conditioner and soap were in a dispenser attached to the wall. (not BW standards). The hotel grounds are pleasing and the staff tries to please. The bar tenders know their stuff. The food is delicious but if you're not at the dining room early your food selection is limited. I saw many guests more than displeased by this. The servers work very hard to please. As a Best Western Platinum cardholder, I would be hard pressed to return to this particular BW.

Encontré este hotel a ser muy diferente de otras BW que me he alojado. Cuando mi pareja y yo llegamos al hotel, no pudimos hacer uso de cualquiera de las instalaciones que no sean el aparcamiento hasta el registro de entrada, que es a las 3:00 pm. Cuando llegamos a nuestra habitación, el suelo estaba muy húmedo ... para mí fue muy desconcertante. Sí, la habitación estaba limpia. El aire acondicionado funcionaba bien, pero creo que los filtros necesitan cambiar o limpiar. El champú, acondicionador y jabón estaban en un dispensador unido a la pared. (no BW normas). Los jardines del hotel son agradables y el personal trata de agradar. Los camareros del bar saben lo que hacen. La comida es deliciosa, pero si no estás en el comedor temprano su selección de alimentos es limitada. Vi a muchos invitados más que disgustado por esto. Los servidores funcionan muy difícil de complacer. Como titular de la tarjeta Best Western Platinum, me costaría mucho volver a este BW particular.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ana_Jacques, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear RickCleveland2013, thank you for sharing your review. It is very important for us to learn of our guests´ opinion of the hotel and its services so we can use their feedback to continue improving everyday.
We are very happy that you found the very clean and we will indeed follow your advise on changing the air conditioner´s filter. It is our priority to satisfy our guests with great services and accommodations so they can enjoy their stay with us as much as possible, that is why we are always doing everything we can to comply with their requests and advises.
As a certified "ecological and green" hotel we do everything in our power to help protect the environment and the country´s natural resources, that is the reason why instead of having the little portable and disposable containers we have biodegradable shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in dispensers attached to the shower wall, that way there is not as much waste of plastic .
It makes us very happy to learn that you liked our staffs´ costumer service, the hotel´s grounds and the quality of the food served. As you could see, the hotel is actually being renovated so some of its infraestructure is going to change and all the rooms are going to be updated with new furniture and appliances.
It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to you can visit us again sometime in the future so you will be able to see how the hotel looks after we are done remodeling. Thank you for staying with us.
Best regards, Ana J.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is an RCI property that is "all-inclusive." The food and service were excellent! The rooms are not the most modern, but are adequate and cleaned daily. There are enough workers who spoke fluent or partial English to be understood. Everyone was very pleasant! The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Most visitors seemed to stay around the pool and go on the various tours, rather than the beach since its sand is course with pebbles. There are small restaurants and shops nearby within walking distance and a bus stop at the edge of the property.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this resort as an excellent place to relax and enjoy the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank BJonesy71
Ana_Jacques, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear BJonesy71, thank you for such great comments, it makes us very happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very proud of how our entire staff always goes above and beyond to make sure that all of our guests feel very welcome and get the best service possible in order to make their stay with us a fun and unforgettable experience.
We are always trying to improve in order to provide our clients with as much comfort as possible, that is why as you could see, we are undergoing a total renovation of the entire hotel. It is both, our duty and our pleasure, to make the guests have a great tropical vacation but also surrounded with all the comfort and benefits they might need.
It has been a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you back again soon.
Yours truly, Ana J.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We expended last weekend in BW Jaco Beach and we wanted to highlight the great service we received. We were a total of 21 people and we were all amazed with the excellent treatment we got from all BW employees. Hope we can visit soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Ana_Jacques, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Luigi S, thank you for writing such a wonderful review. All of our staff goes above and beyond to make our guests feel extra welcome and surrounded by warmth in order to make them feel right at home.
It is our goal to make our guests have the best quality of accommodations and services added to the friendliness of the staff so they can always expect the best we have to offer in order to make their stay an amazing hotel experience.
It was a pleasure having you stayed with us and the entire team hopes to see you again in the near future.
Yours Truly, Ana J.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
#2 of 48 in Jaco District
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
#1 of 2 in Punta Leona

Been to Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort? Share your experiences!