This was the worst hotel or "resort" as they call it, that I have ever stayed at in my life. It is 99% locals which is fine, except that they are the rudest people you could ever meet. And they open their doors to day passes so they entire place fills up with families. The adult pool is over run with children and the locals look at us "Tourists" as though we should be somewhere else. The staff was no better. In fact at dinner, the waiters would ask every local if they wanted a drink or wine or whatever, and not once did they ask us in 5 days. The buffet is disgusting and we paid for an all inclusive yet ate our meals off the resort. 95% of the staff does not speak a word of English. The omelette stations chef only speaks Spanish, so we couldn't even order a fried egg because he looked at us in confusion like we were stupid. The bar is closed from 5-10 pm on busy nights yet they leave it open all night long when its slow. Their nightly "entertainment" consists of Spanish music videos and Spanish karaoke. There is NOTHING to do during the day. My husband was playing volleyball with some other tourists and he went to the bar to ask if anyone wanted to play, and all the locals laughed in his face. Like I said, rudest people you'll ever meet. It is dirty and old and their "under construction" signs is a joke. The maid stole my husbands Lulu lemon pants. She also took our tv remote the first day she cleaned and then magically it reappeared on the night table 2 days later. Maybe one of the locals didn't have a remote so she "borrowed" ours. I have never felt so unwelcome on vacation as I did at the Best Western. Thank God we had rented a gorgeous villa for the first 10 nights and then went to the Marriott for our last night because we couldn't stand to stay at this place a second longer. It is also the most unsafe place in Costa Rica and you don't want to take your chances. My husband and I were severely drugged, I was unconscious and my husband and an American tourist who we didn't know had to carry me back to the hotel. At the security gate at the front, they are supposed to check your bracelets and find out who you are before letting you in to the resort. Well two very large men carried an unconscious woman into the resort at 1am and the security just let them go right on through. No questions asked. The American man was not staying at this resort and thus did not have a bracelet. They didn't care. Those men could of been anyone. Once inside and upstairs we didn't have a room key so the American went to the front desk to get one, and they gave him one! He wasn't a guest of this hotel and they gave him a key to our room. I fell and cracked open my head and the staff did nothing to help us. My husband asked where the hospital was and they didn't help us. We spent the entire next day in our room, where I almost died, because the staff is negligent and useless. We ended up checking out 24 hours early and received no refund, no apology no nothing. Just a horrible experience on top of a horrible resort. Do your self a favour and never stay at this resort. At this point, I will never stay at a Best Western again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Central Pacific region and just an hour and a half away from downtown San José, this beachfront hotel offers a premier experience in one of Costa Rica's favorite beach destinations. This all-inclusive resort provides guests with unlimited food and drinks, as well as exciting activities for all ages, outdoor swimming pools and tennis and volleyball courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Jaco Beach Hotel Jaco
- Jaco Best Western
- Jaco Beach
- BEST WESTERN Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort Costa Rica