“Overall cheap place” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Jaco
Quebec City, Canada
“Overall cheap place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had to be there at 13:30 to give back our rented car. very long explanations with the guy at the gate. Very long Time for checking in. Had to wait in the lobby for more than an hour. I understand that checking Time is 15:00, but We were told we had to pay 25$ just to be around while waiting. I refused, i had a paid reservation for the whole week. This was abusive! Food is basic. Only one restaurant, with depressing atmosphère, like an hospital cafeteria. No parasols in the swimming pool area or the beach. The town of Jaco is a tourist trap. The town is very very dirty. Don't go there during Costa rican school vacations. More kids than water in the swimming pool.

Clean room. Make sure to bee on the garden side if you want to sleep before 2AM. Very noisy.

Room Tip: Be sûre to be on the garden side. Swimming pool and bar area very noiisy, till 2 AM
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christiane M
GrupoMarta, Manager at BEST WESTERN Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, Christian M. We would like to let you know that after a few reports on issues with our check in processes we've reviewed our procedures with our gate and front desk staff to try to improve and expedite it. So far, our guests have responded positively and we are really thankful for feedback like yours, which made us aware of the situation and allowed us to correct it. Since we are an all inclusive, we do have to charge an extra fee to guests who want to come in earlier, but this allows you to have lunch with us and start enjoying your unlimited food and beverage package.
In terms of our grounds, we are in the final planning stages of a renovation project that we hope will please our guests and make your stays with us a lot more enjoyable.
Once again, we regret that you had a poor experience with us and hope that you give us a second chance next time you are in the area. In the meantime, we'll be working hard so that you won't be disappointed!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

over all I can say that this hotel was okay. it's in a good location. unfortunately, it lacks of good customer service mostly at the front desk. check in time is at 3 p.m. and they will not let you even park at the hotel before that time. however, they give you the option to park at 11 a.m. by paying 25 dollars.
this is a good hotel if you are planning to just spend time with your friends and just drink and eat like crazy. I would not recommend this place for a family vacation. that is if you do not live in Costa Rica.
the bright side of this hotel is that all alcoholic beverages are included in the price. the food is really good. the rooms are average and they will serve their purpose. however, they could use a little remodeling.
it is also located very close to bars and nightclubs but I do not recommend leaving the hotel. if you do, you do it under your on risk.
if you are a guy, single and if you are looking for company, you will find it very close but they will not let you back in with guests. even though that is bothersome, I think it's a good security policy.
in my personal opinion. I was born in Costa Rica and now I live in the USA.I would not come to this place with my wife or girlfriend. instead, I will look for 1 of the affordable condos located on the hills around the town.
I came to this hotel with my guy friends to drink and eat and worked out very well. other than that, I will not be coming back.

• Stayed January 2013
Jaco Costa Rica
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel seemed like a good choice because of it's location. The price was better than condos and we decided to try it for a weekend stay in Jaco. WE hated it because the outside bar area had loud music with a booming drum and at 1:30 in the morning we were ready to sleep. We had our 9 year old niece with us and she couldn't sleep and was crying. The breakfasts were okay and the pool area is decent and we like the town which has great restaurants and is friendly, but this hotel needs to get their act together.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rediscover

Travelers are raving about these Jaco hotels

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had low expectations for both the town of Jaco and this hotel given the other reviews I read. It turned out the town wasn't that bad.... But it was too hot to really spend anytime exploring,,,, so we spent all our time at the hotel... I would give this place a solid 3 stars... My kids loved it, there was lots of tico families with kids of all ages for my kids to play with. The pools were clean, and the food was good.....

Why only a 3 star? The room was adequate but nothing special, the music was too loud and went on to about 1am... (bring ear plugs). Keep your expectations at about a 3 star hotel level and you should have a good experience...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

in the lack of customer service from Jaco Beach Hotel. Apparently somewhere in between the time we booked this vacation and before actually arriving the hotel had become an all inclusive. We were asked if we wanted the all inclusive pkg for $70 per night pp and we said no. No problem until we wanted to get a drink at the bar after traveling for 15 hrs and were told we would not be able to purchase even a bottle of water on the property since we were not all inclusive. Anytime we wanted a drink we had to leave the property. I found this to be insane and the worst way to treat guests at your hotel... Luckily there are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance because we had to go to a grocery store that night to get food and drinks to keep in our room. When we wanted to go to the beach, we put our drinks and ice in a trash bag from the room and hauled them to the beach. And don't expect anyone to help you with your beach chair, I was told I could clean my own chair after a night of rain and wet sand all over the chairs.

Room Tip: We had two hotel rooms that joined with a small kitchen in one of them. Each bedroom had two beds...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marilee K
Costa Rica
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

by the name of this hotel, and what I had seen in the past, I expected much more from the hotel, and I mean everything, the bedrooms, bathrooms, food and the services, which was not so bad, but I expected more.

i don't think I am going back there

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Karo R
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We arrived after a 3 hour flight and a 2 hour drive at the resort only to be told we had to wait over an hour to check in and that it would cost us an additional $25 each to eat and drink prior to checking in. This was book as an all inclusive and was to a certain extent where food and alcohol was concerned, no activities during the week, no pool bar :-(, beach wasn't exactly what we were expecting. I would not recommend this resort for anyone and will also be letting Cheap Caribbean know what we experienced since that is where we booked our trip from.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here..find another resort.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
Villa Caletas
#2 of 45 in Jaco
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,244 reviews
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort

Been to BEST WESTERN Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort? Share your experiences!