“Great place for cocktails, munchies and laughs” 5 of 5 stars

Surf Dogs
Ranked #31 of 139 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: American, Bar, Costa Rican, Grill, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are located 20M off of the road in front of Budget Rental Car. We have inside and outside dinning. Check out our Surf Board Dinner Tables.
Jaco, Costa Rica
“Great place for cocktails, munchies and laughs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have been stopping at this bar for the past 2 years. This time we ordered Nachos and were pleasantly surprised. The manager Jeffrey, was also fantastic and gave us great tips and names for fishing and buying local foods.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Basel, Switzerland
“Good daiquiris!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The ambiente is awesome, cool decor and the tables are made out of painted surfboards. The Daiquiris are delicious and the service is good!

Visited July 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Great place for a change of pace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Some times you just want some good bar food and mix with friendly people. This is the place. You can not beat the long cocktail hour. The ceviche a house specialty is the best in the country.

michigan
“frozen drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

service was good and the frozen drinks hit the spot on a very hot day...... did not have food here so I can't comment on the food.
they appeared to have a nice menu but this was just happy hour for us while we were there.

Visited January 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
“Worst pina colada I've EVER had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here because he'd never had a pina colada before and we thought this would be a good place to get one. We were SO wrong. The pina coladas somehow tasted like skunk mixed with burnt popcorn. Plus, they overcharged us by adding extra alcohol that we never asked for. Definitely skip this bar if you want authentic drinks and good service.

Visited January 2013
SurfDogsCR, Owner at Surf Dogs, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Rae,
My name is Norman Warren. I am the owner of Surf Dogs. Please let me apologize for the bad experience that you had in my bar. This has never happened before for the following reasons.
1. All of our Juices are made fresh and checked before they inter the machines.
2. The Bartenders are instructed in case of customer does not like the daiquiri, they will not be charged. Never had this happen but this is the procedure.
3. All customers are asked if they want an extra shot. We only charge a $1 for this extra shot. The procedure is that if there is a misunderstanding the bartender must do the following.
A. Not charge the customer for the extra shot.
B. Make another daiquiri for the client.
I have a couple of questions for you.
1. Did you complain about the taste of the daiquiri to the bartender and what was their reply?
2. Did you complain about getting the extra shot to the bartender and what was their reply?
I have been in business for more than 1 year and I have only received 1 / 3 star rating and the rest 4 and 5 stars so I take these complaints very seriously. I would appreciate your comments when you have a moment. Also I would like to invite you for a free daiquiri and either lunch or dinner as a way to make it up to you for this bad experience. Again, I want to apologize the the bad experience that you had in our bar. You are also welcome to call me at any time to discuss, 506 60585044.
Best Regards,