“Naturalists' Dream”
Review of Neo Fauna

Neo Fauna
Ranked #11 of 50 things to do in Jaco
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Perceptive minds in out-of-the-way places are like great jewels in the rough. Senor Jimenez is one very interesting and dedicated young man. I wasn't expecting to share Latin nomenclature for plants and animals, nor was I expecting so much more than a "touristy" look at a butterfly enclosure. Well worth the time if you'd like to meet a young scientist whom I fully anticipate great things of in the future.

1  Thank dan w

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Butterflies, frogs, snakes and more to be seen here. Guide was knowledgeable and friendly. Enjoyable stop in the Jaco/ Playa Herradura area.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our tour guide was amazing. Very knowledgeable about all the snakes, turtles, spiders, butterflies , frogs and toads. We were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed this. It is nothing fancy, just a walk through a local property where a lot of terraniums have been set up with different wildlife in them. Then, you take a short walk through the 'butterfly' section where hundreds of butterflies fly by. Our kids LOVED this. They got to hold snakes and see the butterfly cocoons. Our guide was a stand in, I think his name was Marisio. He was amazing, great with the kids and obviously felt strongly about preserving the local wildlife. The star attraction was a rescued monkey named cesar who would shake your hand and interacted with the kids a lot. I was very glad we went here.

1  Thank sherwood21
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I passed the signs for Neo Fauna for 3 days while in Jaco. On our last day we were shopping in the area and decided to check it out.

We arrived the same time another group did and decided to do the $20 tour with them. We were presently surprised. We got to see about 6-7 snakes some of which were poisonous. Even got to hold 1. Then we did the same with frogs. Got to hold a red eye tree frog. The butterfly area was swarming with them. It was really cool see in it all up close. My favorite part was the poison dart frogs.

At the end the guide let me and my girlfriend hold Cesar the monkey they rescued that's in the reception shop. Check it out. $20 for about 2 hours was worth it. This was our last day of our 11 day trip to costa rica and we had only seen 1 of the frogs in Manuel Antonio that they had. Its worth it! Check out our pictures.

Sean-N-Tori

1  Thank Sean-N-Tori
Reviewed February 27, 2014

a different kind of place - no bells, no whistles - just a nice collection of snakes, frogs, and butterflies. Very knowledgeable guide, Josemar is his name. Go for sure if you like this kind of thing.