“Easy way to get up close and personal with some wildlife!”
Review of Neo Fauna

Neo Fauna
Ranked #10 of 47 things to do in Jaco
CT
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Easy way to get up close and personal with some wildlife!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Cute little place not too far from Los Suenos or Jaco. Easy to find off the main road, lots of signs along the way so you won't get lost.

The tour guide obviously loves his job and had tremendous knowledge of the snakes, frogs, butterflies, etc. We were able to get lots of great close up pictures as he removed the covers off most of the cages for us. The guide allowed guests to hold some of the snakes and a turtle as well. During our visit, there was also a rescued capuchin monkey who was allowed out of the cage for a while to play with visitors.

We visited during the rainy season, and the price was only $15 pp. (I believe it is normally $20 in season.)

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Riley413

Lake Worth, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun with the animals!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

What impressed me most was how much our guide knew about the animals, also how many hand painted signs that were all over Jaco which I'm sure they painted themselves for advertising. Yes the place was somewhat under construction but if you can get past that and listen to the guide you will learn so much!! The monkey was fun, we got to touch all sorts of animals such as turtles, butterflies and snakes. It was a cool off the beaten path type of attraction!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank kel506
Topeka, Kansas, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“good weird”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Started the trip looking at snakes they were kind of in small cages and the place was under construction. The butterfly garden was cool and they let you hold the snakes and touch the butterflies. at the end we got to hold a 5 mo. old baby monkey. it was very inexpensive too (20 per person) which my fiance says it was worth it just to hold the baby monkey.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Drew S
San Diego, CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“excellent wildlife tour. The most knowledgeable and caring in CR!”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I'd been to CR 7 or 8 times and never been to Neofauna, so this trip I decided to go. It was so worth it!! I wish I had gone there every time!
The guide, Josimar, was very knowledgeable and gentle with the animals, which is nice to see.
Some of the displays are unlocked and he actually shows you the frogs up close and personal.
Another thing that is great about this place is that they rescue animals in distress. This time they had a baby capuccino monkey and a baby owl, both of them orphaned in the jungle.

The best wildlife tour I've seen in CR by far.
Last, the price is perfect! They have no overhead, marketing fluff or crazy infrastructure to maintain, so it all goes to the animals.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank JadeBeetle
Wilmington, Delaware
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Key West in CR”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The beaches were big and clean. The bars and beach reminded me of Key West. If you like Key West, then you will love this place

Visited March 2012