“Great value in Jaco” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Jaco
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Great value in Jaco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I travel to Jaco quite often, taking clients to the beach community. A couple had hired me for the day and I was on call for 24 hours. I always try to stay close by when I am on call. So, I was looking for a place moderately priced for my stay in Jaco. I have noticed the Posada making cosmetic improvements in the past so I decided to go by and check them out. I met with Robert the owner. Very nice guy who had bought the hotel a year before. He showed me a couple of rooms and we toured the facility. What the heck, I'll stay for a night. The room was large and pleasant. New paint and clean. The A/C blew cold, which is important for Jaco, due to it's heat and humidity. You can tell Robert is putting money back into his hotel with the improvements he's making. Only downside is the older T.V. with no remote but It was not a problem, as I only watch a few channels anyway. 2 nice pools, one bigger than the other that I didn't use because of the lightning storm. Big bodega for relaxing to use, if you need to. Grounds were well manicured with plenty of flowers. Easy access to the beach, restaurants and bars. I really like this place and Robert is certainly a great host. When I say I surely will be back, it's not lie. I have already booked it for 2 nights in July for a family visit this time. If you are looking for a place to stay that is easy on the pocketbook, check out the Posada. A great value in Jaco.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in Feb for 3 nights on our first trip to CR. It was an easy drive from the San Jose airport. The hotel was easy to find. It is an easy walk to the beach. The hotel felt very secure. The rooms were nice and clean and as described. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. It was easy walking to restaurants. There is a bar on the corner that was playing very loud music on Friday night that we could hear from our room. We didn't hear it the other nights. It did quiet down by midnight though. We stayed in 2 rooms while here. We made the mistake of leaving our a/c on all day as we do here in the States and it had froze up and didn't work when we returned for the evening. We waited and relaxed out in the courtyard for about 30 min but it still didn't work. Rob very kindly moved us to another room with working a/c and we turned the a/c off while not in the room for the duration of the trip. Overall at great stay. The owner's are very friendly as was the other gentleman working there (can't remember his name). We ran into him down the street looking for a place to eat. He recognized us and gave a suggestion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Westfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We purchased one of Posada Jaco's packages. Our arrival was delayed by 10 hours, but our transport was there waiting for us. Rudy (our driver) accomodated us and and introduced us to Costa Rica on our 90 minute drive from San Jose to Jaco. Marg was there to great us and help us find some food before bed. In the morning, we talked with Rob and Marg and planned our stay. We were within walking distance to beach, restaurants, spas, and shops. Most other attractions were a very short drive. Accomodations were as pictured and the owners were able to supply items we needed to borrow (coozies, cooler, umbrellas, etc). Rob, Marg, and Moe (our walking buddy most mornings) helped us feel extremely comfortable away from home. The Wifi let us 'Facetime' with our family in the states. We left Jaco excited to bring our kids to meet our new friends at Posada Jaco.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaret S, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I hope your children do not get to jealous of everything you did and maybe we may see you down here with them in the future. PS Moe does miss his morning walks with you.
Rob and Marg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel was well situated, close to shops, bars and the beach. The rooms were spacious and clean, with full kitchen facilities. Laundry was available for a fee which was returned very quickly. The owners were friendly and extremely helpful. The pool was a great size. I highly recommend this hotel for a chilled and hassle-free holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Margaret S, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
So good of you to write about us. I hope the rest of your trip goes well with no more health problems and you arrive home safe and sound. If we ever get to London we will definitely call in for some of the best Fish and Chips in England.
Rob and Marg
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I really liked being right near the beach and the price was fantastic. The only complaint I had was that it was very noisy. It is down the street from a bar that likes to play loud music. They did have it turned down by midnight but I am an early to bed, early to rise person. The hotel was clean and the rooms are large. It is great for the younger crowd. I was very happy that the hotel management helped us arrange our zip line trip and the river cruise. That was very helpful and both excursions went very smoothly.

Room Tip: There is a pool, but no spa or restaurant. It is very basic. I think the second floor is the best c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Airlie Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had the best stay, owners super helpful, clean spacious rooms with working aircon!
Pool is clean and massive bbq area and seating.
Really close to beach and right in the middle of town.
So happy there!
Thanks for the Vegemite, saviour haha

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tabernash, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family arrived in Jaco, and had originally booked other arrangements which did not work out. We drove around and found Posada Jaco. We were very pleased with the location, price and care takers.
Robert, Margret, and Moe (the dog) were soooo accommodating. What ever we needed they were there. It was clean, had hot water, and A/C which was a necessity. It also had security. Gated and security patrolled in the evening, which made us feel secure. You could see the beach from or balcony and it was a 5 min. walk. The pool was great. It was refreshing and nice to have after a day at the beach. We had the river next to us that had many birds, iguana, and horses enjoying the water. The strip was a 2 min. walk which was great. No noise at night. I can say only exceptional things about Posada Jaco. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family who may venture to Jaco.
One more thing, Moe was the best meeter, greeter as you entered the hotel. He was a happy dog. If I were a dog that is where I would live.
So, in a nutshell, Posada Jaco made our first experience in Costa Rica a memorable one. Much thanks to Robert, Margret and Moe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bkn1206
Posada_Jaco, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thankyou very much for your recommendation for our hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay in this lovely country. You are right about Moe he really does love living here.

Thankyou for staying with us and for your great review

Marg, Rob and Moe