“Best part of Jaco vacation!!”
Review of Posada Jaco

Posada Jaco
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Staying at Posada Jaco was the best choice we made for our Jaco Vacation. The atmosphere they have created is perfect for couples. They had everything we could ask for on a vacation, wifi, air conditioning, surfboards and a great staff. The room we stayed in was amazing, it had a huge bed and was very clean. Our favorite part was just relaxing by the pool. During our stay we got to know the owners and even had dinner with them one night, they are very hospitable and kind. If you want have a relaxing time and be surrounded by good people i would go to Posada Jaco. If i return i will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Posada_Jaco, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thankou very much for your review David. We are happy that you enjoyed the room and the pool. We have some rooms which are set aside for couples and we are glad we could accommodate you and Danni. We hope to see you again when you are next in Jaco.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Perfect rooms (spacious, clean, well-equiped, comfortable)
Perfect pool (clean and beautiful)
Perfect outside area (multiple areas to enjoy a cerveza and have a bbq)
Perfect location (smack bang between beach and town)
Perfect hosts (as well as generous, warm and extremely hospitable)
Perfect labrador (Moe)
PERFECT! Posada Jaco will set you up for a perfect and memorable stay in Jaco. I would thoroughly reccommend to EVERYONE!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thanks Lucy for you great review. We are pleased you enjoyed yourself so much. We hope that the rest of you trip is equally as good.

Rob and Marg

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Myself and three others had the absolute pleasure of staying here. I would highly recommend this place.
Fantastic location, only one minute walk to beach and town.
Impeccably clean apartment with every thing in working order.
beautiful outdoor area with crystal clear pool and great social /bbq area
AMAZING hosts,Rob and Marg who were so helpful and friendly,not to mention their beautiful lab Mo.
Very affordable.
ignore any negative reviews,this place made our holiday in Jaco

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your holiday to write your review. We are happy that you decided to stay with us and very grateful for you review

Rob and Marg (and Moe)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay at Posada Jaco based on the TA reviews. We have never been let down but I must say this is the first time. PJ is at best a hostel...a place where you pack in lots of surfers for a cheap price. If that's your deal...then PJs is a perfect hotel. But for my hisband and I who want nothing more than a nice bed and clean room this is not the place. We are not picky either but like some of the other reviews...a fresh paint coat on the walls to cover up the foot prints and major scuff marks will go a long way. Oh...and maybe wiping down the walls so that the large cobwebs are not visible. We understand the occasional sugar ants but major cobwebs in a room is not what I would call clean.

Luckily we had to leave a day early to catch a flight back home before a snowstorm hit. We forfeited our money but that was the price to pay to leave PJ.

What a shame. The owners are very nice. It wont take much to fix these issues but they MUST be fixed. While the location is good, dirty rooms are unacceptable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank athena381
robbo2804, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

I am sorry you were not happy with your stay with us.
Your two main areas of concern were scuff marks on the wall and spider webs.
In regard to the scuff marks we paint the rooms every three months and it is part of having a hotel that you will get scuff marks on the walls which does not change the fact that the rooms are clean.
In regard to spider webs we get pest control spraying done every three months and check for cob webs every time the rooms are cleaned.
We feel comparing us to a hostel is a bit harsh as hostels do not offer one bedroom apartments with full kitchens, Air conditioning, private bathrooms, cable TV, hot water, free wifi, great outside entertainment area with pool and so much more.
We endeavor to make every stay with us as enjoyable as possible and you are the first clients to leave unhappy as is proven by all previous reviews done.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My son and I made the trip to Costa Rica to enjoy the sun and fun. I stayed in San Jose last year by the American Embassy in a nice little bed and breakfast. It was very nice and clean and I took a trip to the waterfall. This was my plan on my second trip but my plans changed quickly. I met a nice gentleman at the airport and he told me about Jaco and the Posada motel. Rudy, the guy we met, gave us a good deal to Jaco in his car. The trip was only an hour and a half through the beautiful country side. I am so glad our plans changed! Margaret and Robert were the most gracious hosts!!! The motel was very clean and comfortable. We also loved the pool. Perfect location! We all know that location is everything right? Right on the edge of town and within walking distance of everything. Great restaurants and most important to me was that the beach was practically in their backyard! The most amazing sunset i have ever seen! Plenty of things to do nearby, hiking, fishing, zip lining thru the jungle, etc etc. Robert and Margaret will set you up with anything you wish to do and have plenty of information to steer you in the right direction. Don't forget to say hello to their cool dog Moe. He is so gentle and will greet you every morning and in the evening at the end of your day. We went zip lining and it was truly amazing. I will recommend this motel to everyone and will be returning in August or September for the whitewater rafting!!! Rick US Airways Machinist

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Posada_Jaco, Manager at Posada Jaco, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thanks Rick for your great review. We also enjoy the sunset over the beach in Jaco. We look forward to your return and will organize a special room and and a level 5 white water rafting experience for you.

Rob and Marg

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Pasada Jaco, was a wonderful and friendly environment hostel. I'm so glad I got to stay their during my time in Costa Rica. The staff was kind and personable, the rooms were clean and fully equipped with kitchenette supplies, the AC was ICE COLD, and the gardens and pool were so lovely. The beachfront is only a two minute walk from this lovely home-like hotel, and you can even see its view from the top balcony. Marg (the owner and manager) was sooOO sweet. She lent me and a friend her hair dryer every morning.
I really do hope I can visit Pasada again soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

It was great having you stay with us. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Moe said to say hello and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Regards Rob

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Marg and Rob were such pleasant hosts (along with their cute dog, a lab named Moe)! Me and 10 others were there for our 10 day stay in Jaco, Costa Rica while helping with some local missionaries and this couple was SUCH a blessing to us! They were sweet, sincere, and very accommodating. My school will be using this place in the future for the Jaco trip and for good reason.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends