“The Best Surf Experience”

Tortuga Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Tortuga Surf Camp is the choice for the traveler who wants to enjoy and discover the wonders of surf at an affordable price.Located strategically in the south end of Jaco Beach, this calm mellow beach breaks will be the classroom where our ISA certified instructor will lead you trough the this Costa Rican surfing experience.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

"These guys are NOT like others surf school that JUST push students surfboard to get waves"
This is a Real Surf School. They really teach you how to surf, every movement, wave timing, strength training, etc. I recommend making several lessons so you can learn the basics of surfing. They are very responsible and serious in giving classes. Feel Fun and safty with Mike and Celine or just come and see how they do the job.
After class make a good and funny conversation with the local surfer and friends that always like to stay in Tortuga Surf School's tent. Make some funny nice friends too. Or maybe see me there hahahah SURF AND SMILE! les recomiendo.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My brother and I took our very first surf lessons with Tortuga Surf back when their company was smaller. It was by far one of the best "tourist" experiences I've had while being abroad! Mike and Celine were our instructors and they were so helpful and fun to surf with! Even though rain was pouring during most of our lesson, we had the best time. Their entire staff is so friendly and personable - can't wait until we get to visit them again!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had looked around to learn how to surf for yeaaars!!!! I found Mike, and the way he talked about the surfing experience just convinced me. So I decided to give it a try. He teach you surfing with the soul! They know what their doing, so you feel safe in the water. The experience was so amazing, I ended up going every week for as long as I was able to... after that I bought a board (with Mike's assistance, they not only help you in the water!) and I can say surf is part of me now. Once you're in, you won't get out... and its an amazing feeling! You wont regret it, and the ocean will have a whole new meaning for you! Surfs up!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I tried to learn to surf on my own for weeks at one point of my life. I learned so much more in 2 days of professional instruction at Tortuga Surf School than I had learned in weeks of trying to teach myself. The environment is relaxed, but not so relaxed to where the activity is not taken seriously. I am a U.S. Army Special Forces soldier and I have instructed numerous classes of varying topics all over the world. Having said that, the instructors at Tortuga Surf School are professionals that take their job seriously, and safety always comes first. Their method of teaching through countless drills and repitition, allow students to develop the proper techniques, and eventually the confidence to progress to more challenging tasks in the water. The staff is comprised of some of the friendliest and most helpful people you'll meet in Jaco. Their language capabilities include, but are not limited to Spanish, English, and French. I found a happiness while surfing that I had not found in a long time. I am currently deployed right now, but plan to return to Jaco afterwards for AT LEAST a month of mostly surfing. I highly recommend the experience to couples, families (including children), friends, or even adventurers traveling solo. You will meet awesome people and have an awesome experience! On top of all that, lessons are VERY reasonably priced.

1  Thank Xavier R
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I came to Jaco to find a board to take with me elsewhere in Costa Rica, and I have to say that Mike from the surf school was invaluably helpful with this. Not only is he expert on boards, but he knows all the surf shops and local shapers well, and he gave all the boards I came back with a valuation that for me was a total eye-opener. He did this numerous times, until eventually I came back with a board we were both satisfied with!

1  Thank Mark F