This was my first time staying at Perico Azul but there were others I met there that had stayed several times and continue to return and after staying there, I understand why:
- You're treated like family, Mike and Celine are so charming and welcoming, you truly feel at home. I was very sick getting off of the plane into Costa Rica, they made me lemongrass tea from their plant in the back which made me feel so much better, I was good as new the next day. I also picked and broke open a coconut from their tree with Josh which was a very authentic experience, as well as seeing macaws flying over Perico Azul!
- The rooms were very clean. They have AC, a fan AND hot water (which is not an easy find in Costa Rica)! I met someone that was staying at another hotel nearby said that their showerhead had a widowmaker which heats water with a copper coil around the showerhead and will electrocute you if you touch it!
- Everything is easily accessible, they know the area and locals very well and can help you find/reserve any activity. The beach and town are 10 minute walk either way but they always offered to drive me anywhere I needed to go. Mike walked with me around town my first day, pointing out different types of indigenous plants and animals and after that I didn't feel like driving anywhere. They also have bikes !
- I really appreciated how quiet it was at night-- when we were grabbing coffee before our 4am surf sessions, a lot of hotels we drove by still had music playing and people yelling like it was happy hour.
- They have a new yoga studio and the instructor is fantastic. My muscles were raw and sore from surfing but after our daily morning sessions, I felt restored but also stronger each day. Mike and Celine also let me use the yoga studio in the morning before 4am surf sessions to do my own little yoga practice and meditate on the day.
They made me feel so much like family that I didn't want to leave. I only planned on staying 5 days but ended up staying for 7 and would have stayed for the rest of my trip if my place in San Jose was refundable. Mike & Celine thank you so much for everything, I hope you expand to other countries!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Perico Azul is a small cozy apt-hotel on the south end of Jaco Beach, with its boutique like looks and private location close to the mountains, El Perico Azul is surrounded by blush nature and many species of birds that will allow you to wake up to the sounds of Costa Rica's best tropical sounds. This awesome slice of heaven will transport you trough the life style and decorative architecture of this colorful country, it will allow you to live the culture, the warmth and the reason for this to be the happiest country in the world. Just 5 min walk from the beach, and 15mn from the town, our hotel is the best choice if what you are looking for is a quiet room with daily cleaning and a variety of amenities available to you. Our professional hotel & surf camp staff will walk you trough this experience to make you visit to Costa Rica one you will never forget, and most of all one you will want to resume many times for many years to come. Our facilities count with room with one double or two double beds per room, each and every room with their own bathroom and access to the guest's kitchenette.So if you are into adventure & extreme sports such as surfing the most popular sport on the country, or just looking for a spot to hang you towel and forget about the crazy city lifestyle, Hotel Perico Azul is your place to be...Look no further and get ready to discover places and sensations you never though possible, let us be your guide trough this amazing paradise, let us guide you trough the smile of its people and their everlasting " PURA VIDA" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel Perico Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Perico Azul Costa Rica/Jaco