“Great experience”

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We were able to get same day lessons for our group of 8. Gustavo (retired pro) and his crew of instructors were great with each member of our group, which ranged in age from 6 to 42. By the end of the 2 hour lesson, everyone had managed the "stand up" surf position. Most of the children in our group were able to achieve this on their first wave. I would recommend this surf school without hesitation. It was both a great experience and great fun.

Visited April 2013

guayaquil - ecuador
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best Surf School in Costa Rica!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was not my first time trying to surf, I tought I was never going to be able to surf. Then I met Gustavo Castillo, he is the best surf coach I could ever found, he will give you all the information and knowledge that you need to start surfing and improve. Now im catching waves !!! he also helped me buy my first board! You will not only learn but you will also have fun and meet very interesting people from Costa Rica and around the world.

Visited January 2013
Potomac, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best day on our trip!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Spending the day in Jaco- learning to surf and then getting fish tacos at Bubbas is the perfect day.
The Jaco surf school run by Gustavo Castillo is amazing. The staff is enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I got up quickly with their instruction and can not wait to surf again.

Visited February 2013
Catania, Italia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best surfing experience you can ever imagine !!! Simply great!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I will always be so thankful to Jaco Surfschool Costa Rica and all the amazing people working there for the incredible and unique experience I had in Jaco. I took an intensive 3 weeks Surf course and I feel so proud about my learning and quick improvements: from learning the simplest basics and how to stand on a board, I'm now able to catch and recognize alone the waves, while having tons of fun :) ! I strongly recommend Jaco Surf School Costa Rica to all those people who are willing to learn about Surfing ! You won't regret it, promise ! You will get impressed by the competence and professionalism of its staff and, mostly, that Surf is not a sport just for an elite or master champions, but anyone, with good instructions and will, can enjoy it !!

The class basically consists of 2 hours class: a first theoretic part on the beach and a second practical part in the water, where you will be able to practice with an instructor what you have learnt on the beach. You will get all the needed material and, during the short resting break, you will get offered a bottle of fresh water and a delicious fresh fruit salad, which you will appreciate so much after the great effort in the water ;)

When you get to Jaco beach you might see a lot of different surf schools, which might be a bit cheaper than the rates offered by Jaco Surf School, but I can guarantee that they are much lower in quality and professionalism. Most of the rest of the schools are owned by young people who have very few experience surfing and even fewer in teaching it. Jaco Surf School is the first surfing school in Jaco and is managed by Mr. Gustavo Castillo, who is simply a guru of surfing ! He was several times national champion and participated to few worlds surfing championship representing the country, just ask about his name around the area and you will get it confirmed !!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Stellincic
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great teaching and was able to get up on first try. Easy to follow steps and they stayed with us the entire time. Would recommend to anyone to try.

Visited August 2012