“Returned and it's only gotten better!”

Wahoos Bar ^ Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 161 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Virginia
“Returned and it's only gotten better!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I returned to Jaco again in November 2012 with fresh Mahi and Wahoo's cooked it up three ways for me. I love fresh fish and they know how to cook it.

They have a new American chef who is outstanding. Since I was in CR over Thanksgiving, I came back for their special Thanksgiving dinner the next night and I have to say, it was one of the best Thanksgiving dinners I've had! If they add the bread pudding or chocolate torte desserts to the menu, definitely try them.

Snohomish, Washington, United States
“One of the better meals we had in Jaco”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went to Wahoos with a group of 6 and were not sure what to expect. We shared a bunch of appetizers and we all loved them. The grilled avocado and fried green tomatoes were my favorites. For the main course, my husband and I shared the tuna special and shrimp ceviche, and both were very good and very fresh. Others at our table had mixed reviews on their main course, but most really enjoyed the meal. The drinks were a little pricey for how small they were, but overall it was one of the better meals I've had in my week long stay in Jaco.

washington dc
“Great place, people and food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had a chance to stop by Wahoo's with our freshly caught Mahi Mahi from earlier that morning. The folks at Wahoo's happily took our catch and prepared it 3 different ways, with each dish quite different but just as tasty. We sampled their chips and guac (freshly fried tortilla chips to boot), which were a great starter to a truly fantastic meal. If you find yourself in Jaco (with or without a freshly caught fish from the morning) you will not go wrong stopping by Wahoos. Other than the good food, the restaurant is clean with wifi and a full bar.

Columbus, Ohio
“Great food wonderful staff.”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

A restaurant that really works hard to please. The food is outstanding and prepared by a very accomplished chef. The seafood dishes really are hard to beat.

netherlands
“You will not regret!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were thinking about ordering steaks but the waitress recommended the tuna because it was that mornings catch, so perfectly fresh. So we both ordered it (rare,as she asked) and it was the best tuna we ever had in a restaurant! Beautiful! Service was perfect and the place is very clean. Not overpriced! We had a great time!