“Not worth it”
Review of Beatle Bar

Beatle Bar
Ranked #4 of 13 Nightlife in Jaco
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I go down every year in March for my birthday. This year I happen to go to the bar for the first time. I went to the bar with my buddy. I ordered a beer from the guy behind the bar and stated I would be right back. When I got back my buddy told me that we had to leave. I asked why....he said you ordered a beer from the guy behind the bar...I said yeah...well he is the owner and is pissed. He felt disrespected. Really??? I don't know who you are and if you are behind the bar, I assume you are there to serve me a beer. Even if you are the owner, aren't you happy that I am buying a beer and putting money in your pocket?? Tamarindo will definitely be on the agenda next year

12  Thank txchef320

Reviewed March 19, 2012

ever since the new owner took over the bar sucks. it is a ripoff joint know.you get charged to get in and the drinks are over priced. this is not south beach. and it looks like a go go bar that is not wat the bar was.

8  Thank john r
Reviewed November 14, 2011

September 2011
The most famous place in Jaco. Its so well known that it does not appear on advertising supported maps or guides (it prints it's own). The bar and the accompanying hotel are famous for prostitutes. We entered the bar around 7:45 on a Wednesday night in the rainy season. There were around five women in the bar and I was the first male customer.
More women, and some men, trickled into the bar over the next hour but at 8:45 it was like a tour bus had stopped outside. Soon there were 50 women in the bar and 15-20 men. Five of the men in were late middle age and the rest were in their twenties. I saw two men talk to a pair of girls for 15-20 minutes and then they left. The girls came back 20 minutes later, looking fresh, I never saw the men again.
Twenty five of the women roughly lined one side of the bar while the other 25 mixed in. I was told Beatles was like the del Rey or one of the nightclubs in San Jose but it was the only such place in Jaco. The difference between San Jose and Jaco? The prices, the selection of men, the selection of women. The women at the Beatle Bar were higher class than the ones I'd seen the week before at the del Rey.
At 9:00 pm a dancer took to the stage for a half hour set and then another dancer followed, neither dancer took off her minimal costume. (I've seen candid pictures where the dancers have removed their tops.)
My companion knew some of the girls so I got to talk to them. Most of the girls in Jaco live in San Jose, they come out on the weekends to make money. During the high season, January through April, they might stay in Jaco for weeks at a time. Each of the girls have their own prices, I spoke to a beautiful woman who charges $500 for over night. The next night I met a younger, less sophisticated, girl who charges $300/night.
The Beatle Bar is not the only place you can find working women in Jaco. (On our way back to the Copacabana we passed three women we had originally seen in the Beatle Bar coming back from checking out our hotel.) My companion said that she could pick up men in any of the hotels or bars in Jaco. She said that all of the men in Jaco were looking for women.

20  Thank 01082013Name
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Fun bar, $12 cover charge, full of guys looking for "pay for play" with the locals. Good music, cigars, and a fun atmosphere. They serve food, but it's really a take-out place to bring a local back to your hotel with you, or use their short-stay hotel next door. It is legal in Costa Rica, so if you plan to visit, be aware of that fact and that's it's a place for guys to go sport fishing during the day, and fishing for sport at night.

19  Thank Johnny_Vegas007
See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2011

When people want to go to that bar they know what they are going for. There are a lot of bars in costa rica where people can go to get a drink. If they are going to that bar it is not for the drink, it is to find a hot girl that is a lot cheaper than anywhere else in the world. I went to the Beatle bar and i like it. There were at least a 100 girls in that room and about 2 to 6 guys in the room looking for a good hot girl. If you have no problem on spending money on girls the top two places in costa rica is 1 The hotel Del Ray and 2 the Beatle bar. I you go to both bars i guarantee you will never be the same again. :)

18  Thank snow101