“Fruity Monkey Poop was a big hit with six-year-old nephew”

The Costa Rica Coffee Experience
Ranked #2 of 9 Shopping in Jaco
More attraction details
Owner description: Fresh Brewed Coffee-to-Go. Delicious Cold-Brewed Iced Coffee too! Authentic Costa Rican souvenirs and of course our own Fruity Monkey Poop! T-shirts designed in-house. Organic Spices, Coffee Beans and grinds - sample and choose your favorite to take home with you. Hot sauces, Costa Rican Licorice and Organic Chocolate! Yum.
Santa Barbara, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fruity Monkey Poop was a big hit with six-year-old nephew”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

When I told my nephew I'd brought him poop from my vacation, he first asked why. I answered that it was a present. Next he said, "Grandpa wouldn't let you keep that in the house," and was still intrigued. When I gave him the pack, he was really excited and immediately wanted to open it and eat the "poop".

Apart from Fruity Monkey Poop, visitors will find a variety of coffees, coffee products, t-shirts and other locally-produced objects. Art pieces including masks and pottery made of various materials in different designs--a great selection of interesting pieces to keep or give as gifts. We were the last customers of the day and enjoyed chatting with the store's owner.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Marla93101

Gilbert, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little something special, a highlight of my Jaco trip”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I've lived in San Jose, Costa Rica for about a year, and I've been to Jaco dozens of times since it's the closest beach to the city. This last time I went was the first time I discovered the Costa Rica Coffee Experience, and I was so glad I did! It was a relief to see something beside the standard old beach souvenirs (t-shirts, beaded necklaces, etc.) This little shop has a very eclectic collection of art, snacks, and a variety of adorable and hilarious gift ideas! Not only was the atmosphere super tuanis (cool), but the had the most AMAZING coffee I've had in Jaco, and definitely the best iced coffee in CR!! It was so good, I went back the next day. Not only that, but their staff is kind and cool. We chatted for a long time both visits, and also enjoyed the samples of their tasty treats. I highly recommend this little shop!

1 Thank jamkron
Abilene, Texas
“must stop place in jaco!”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Great place to shop, wonderful atmosphere, great service, great coffee, shirts, etc Dont miss out, stop by!

Visited August 2011
Key Largo
“Definitely the best store in Jaco to shop!”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Yummy cashews, coffee, and dried fruit. After sampling all of the coffees in his store, we bought some delicious organic, fair-trade coffee. I also purchased a cool hand-painted box and put a bag of cashews in it, which became a unique gift for our host in Costa Rica. Definitely the best little store we found in Jaco.

Orange, California
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Loved the Costa Rica Coffee Experiebce! Best shop in Jaco :) Coffee is full of flavor and affordable too! The shop is clean and well put together, making it easy to shop! Staff is super friendly :) I highly recommend you stop by if you are in the area.