“2nd Stay At This Property”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Josh W
Wimberley, Texas
“2nd Stay At This Property”
Reviewed October 19, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

This was our 2nd stay at this property. The house was in great condition and the owner was easy to get ahold of. We like coming back to this property because of the location and how safe we feel with our family there having a gated property with 24 hour security. We almost never left the property other than to get groceries during our entire stay.

Traveling group: Young Children
AtlantaWa...
“Wonderful Beachfront Home”
Reviewed October 18, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I booked the Casa Rio Mar for five couples for a 50th birthday celebration. The house is perfect for a group of this size and sits directly on Jaco Beach with its own pool (right in front of the beach) and balconies and seating areas in the front and back of the house. It is beautiful. The property manger Susan) and owner (Jim) were fabulous. Susan arranged EVERYTHING for us, including group excursions, surfing lessons, dinner reservations, a special order cake (awesome!!), massages on the beach, chef service multiple nights, transportation and many other things I have surely forgotten. I highly recommend Casa Rio Mar.

Liked best: Beachfront Pool
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
BigBadBAd...
Yulee, Florida
“The best house in Jaco”
Reviewed July 19, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We had a bumpy start with booking accommodations in Jaco. We booked another property through another company and they went out of business and kept all our money. Susan contacted me to let me know the other company was out of business as i had previously spoken to her. We booked with Susan and it was the best decision we had made the whole trip. Case Rio Mar is amazing. We had a group of 9 and it fit us all with no problem!! There is security guards 24/7 and they were amazing. You walk out your backdoor and are standing on the beach what more could you want. Its is a moderate walk or short drive or cab ride to downtown. We thought it may be an issue getting to downtown but it wasn't at all. Susan and her staff were amazing and made us feel right at home. This house is the nicest in jACO AND i couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. Susan will take great care of you so don't hesitate!!

Liked best: Loaction
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Duval M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
““Ultralight beams” + “Awesomeness” = Casa Rio Mar”
Reviewed April 11, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

You can see clearly from the backyard all the way through the house to the beach and ocean. I was using the grill in the backyard, but I could still see my friends cooking in the kitchen, another group of friends watching tv, and third set of friends hanging out at the pool listening to music in the front of the house. The layout of the house created the perfect atmosphere for catching up with friends and family.

Speaking of the backyard, fresh fruit trees are available for you to pick (mango was my favorite) and iguanas frequently “play” in the backyard. There is also a river in the back beyond the fence that you can observe from the back balcony. Lots of wildlife activity to observe without even leaving the property.

I frequently used the front balcony to have happy hour and watch the sunset. Jaco, Hermosa, and Los Suenos all had amazing places to grab a drink, but after a few days of exploring, I realized the villa provided the best backdrop for our group to unwind in the afternoon and early evening.

I was a little skeptical of this place before renting it. You will see the internet littered with 5-star, perfect reviews of this place. You will also see everyone raving about the beauty of the villa and professionalism of the property staff. All I can say is that it is better than advertise. The property manager, Susan, and I are basically like family now. I emailed and/or called Susan at least weekly for 5 months leading up to our vacation and she graciously accepted and responded to all my questions. I am litigation consultant so I ask a TON of questions. LOL! Susan coordinated airport transfers for our group, privates chefs, and activities for our group. She even has the villa phone programmed with Taxi numbers and her cell phone. She pretty much made it dummy proof.

The onsite staff is amazing. They will help you with anything you ask (i.e. moving a big grill from the back of the house to the front). LOL. On a personal level, every morning I talked to our security guard about life in Costa Rica. Just positive vibes. Awesome folks that work onsite.

I’m not big fan of writing notes or reviews, but I wanted to say “thank you” to Jim and Susan for making this the best vacation ever.

Thank you and Pura Vida!

Traveling group: Friends
laurahY68...
“Absolutely amazing home!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We literally had 5 star service from the moment we booked throughout our entire stay. Absolutely the most pleasant people to work with, very accommodating, excellent communication. Their focus is 110% on the guest and doing everything they can for you to have an awesome vacation. We were provided with options for chef, maid service, tours, extras and transportation prior to leaving, we made selections and everything was arranged by the time we arrived. The chef we had was phenomenal and well worth it! The guards were very pleasant and helpful. The concierge was incredible and so sweet. She told us to call anytime if we needed something. We had a couple of small issues come up, one with a tour and one with transportation back to the airport. They were immediately resolved! As to the home...it is literally the most beautiful home we have ever stayed in! We had 8 people, 4 adults and 4 kids. There was plenty of room and then some. The view is incredible, the sunsets are so beautiful, the beach is amazing and it's right there in front of the home! The pool was nice and well kept. The house has pool/beach toys, plenty of towels, the kitchen has everything...there was even coffee to get us started!! There is a surf shop next door, there is a tiki bar/restaurant just down the beach. All of us had such an amazing time!! This home is simply the BEST on Jaco Beach. The only thing we regret is not having been able to stay longer!!! We highly recommend this home and will definitely be back!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The friendliness of the staff, the ocean being right there, our chef!
Liked least: Having to leave for home!
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Denise P
“Lovely Home, Not Great!”
Reviewed February 11, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

The house is beautiful and location is great. Located right on beach with great views of sunset and easy walk downtown. Unfortunately I was slightly disappointed in the maintenance of the house. Several concerns:
1. I booked the home 9 months prior to our trip. Two weeks before I specifically wanted to confirm there was wi-fi in the home as my daughter would be studying for a grad-school exam. I was assured there was. While we could get connectivity to the router; the router was not getting connectivity to the satellite due to old wiring in the house. We contacted the house manager and got the internet service company there on Monday (the day before we left to go home).
2. Ants all over the house. I spent $6600 for 5 nights. We arrived Thursday afternoon. Friday mid-morning I found myself on my hands & knees mopping the floors as they were extremely dirty, PLUS there was a trail of 9 million ants crawling up the curved wall leading to the laundry facilities. And all over the kitchen counters, cooktop, and backsplashes. I cleaned it up and 2 days later repeated the same process for the ants were still there. I even found ants on the tub deck in the master bathroom.
3. Master bedroom air conditioner. The first 2 nights we had to put a towel on the floor as it was leaking and we could hear the water dripping onto the towel by morning. Finally the repair man came and replaced some hoses in it.
4. Light bulbs are out in the master bath and dining room light fixture. I'd asked for them to be replaced and they didn't.
Now, I'm not a complainer by no means at all. But again, if you spent $6600 for 5 nights stay wouldn't you expect to have wi-fi and a clean house? Sadly, I'm dissappointed in the home. I'd have a hard time recommending this particular home to anyone.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and views
Liked least: cleanliness of the house was terrible
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Paul p
New York City, New York
“BEST PLACE IN JACO BEACH”
Reviewed January 19, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

We definitely stayed at the best place in Jaco!!, Right on the beach, we even walked to the clubs and restaurants any time we wanted to, private pool, surf shop next door, weather was perfect and lots of fun tours to do!
We were 15 people, some stayed at the house and the other stayed in a Condo very close to the house, the property manager helped us booking the condo and all we needed while we were there!
It is just the perfect and best place in Jaco, we have been in town many times before, and we will pick up this house next time we come!

Traveling group: Con amigos
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing