“The good and the bad”
Review of Adventure Dining

Adventure Dining
Ranked #4 of 190 Restaurants in Jaco
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Adventure Dining is a trademarked name If you enjoy spectacular view in a romantic setting, this is your place. Located in the heart of Pura Vida Gardens, you will dine at sunset overlooking CR's tallest waterfall and miles of gulf coastline. The views are breathtaking. All inclusive. Roundtrip transportation, entrance into the gardens, unlimited coctails (premium liquors) fabulous dinner, desert and a surprise plus music for your listening or dancing pleasure. American owned and operated. Don't miss this...."The dining experience of your lifetime." DAVID AND CINDY LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!!
Reviewed April 9, 2017

I kind of struggled with writing this review because there were nice things about the evening we spent last Wednesday (April 5th) and things that would make me not want to do this again. The evening was our last-night celebration for my partner's 40th birthday trip with 8 of us.

First off, we were supposed to be picked up by 4:20 and the driver was half an hour late, so by the time we got to the gardens, it was close to sunset. David greeted us and was very pleasant. We got a welcome glass of wine and got to walk around the gardens before sunset. There was a gift shop, which we would have liked to check out before leaving, but did not have time that night.

After a quick walk around the garden, we came back and were led to the restaurant. The gardens and outside restaurant were very nice and well-kept. The food was very good. The open bar was a "make-it-yourself' one. Cindy was at the restaurant but did not interact with us much.

It was an expensive evening and we were reminded a few times about tipping, which was a little off-putting. It felt rushed when we were told that the van was ready and waiting for us some time between 8-8:30. We never got to see the gift shop and most likely spend more money.

The place is really beautiful and well-kept but for as expensive as it was, it would have been nice to not be so rushed before or after dinner.

2  Thank altermood
David S, Owner at Adventure Dining, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Aftermood,
Sorry about you being late on the pick up. I didn't know we were late and as we speak
We are talking with the owner of the transportation company. Just got the word. It was Cindy's fault. The people that were in the Van with you, ( from North Carolina) Cindy had given Johnny, the driver the wrong address for them thus making us late. The driver claims in was only 15 minutes late but late is late. Cindy had been recooperating from an illness and just wasn't A 100% that night. She as well as I really enjoyed your group and the Double birthdays. Again we are sorry for the late pick up. Actually I hated
To see you go, I know that a couple of gals wanted to dance a bit and wondered why
The early departure. I hope it wasn't us that rushed you, we had nothing else to do
And like I said we were enjoying your entire group and would like to be with you again if ever possible.

Reviewed April 6, 2017

My boyfriend and I did this with our friends for the 40th birthday and it was amazing! Great food. Great views. Great price for a great night! Thank you David and Cindy!

pvgardens, Owner at Adventure Dining, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Steohanie,
Thank you for your nice review of Adventure Dining. Cindy and I enjoyed your group .
We had a good time as well, it is easy with nice people. Happy Birthday and thanks for letting us be part of the celbration. Hope to see you again

Reviewed April 6, 2017

The owners, David and Cindy go to great lengths to make your visit memorable. It's best to get there a little early to have time to tour the Pura Vida Gardens. You will not be disappointed. Very beautiful. Then stroll to the restaurant deck, and make your favorite cocktail from the open bar. Then enjoy the view of the tallest waterfall in Costa Rica on one side of the deck and the view of the sunset over the Gulf of Nicoya and the Nicoya Peninsula from the other side! Scarlett Macaws will fly right over you!

Oh yes, the food is great too!

AGsteves,
Thank you very much for your great review of Adventure Dining. We enjoyed your company, you guys made everyone's evening better. Hope we met up again in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2017

Arriving at the canopy of the Costa Rica rain forest, one is quickly greeted by our gracious hosts, David and Cindy. After strolling through the magnificent gardens, there is a casual walk to a beautiful terrace atop a small plateau overlooking the lush rain forest valleys and the Pacific ocean in the distance; the views are breathtaking! Our dinner in such an magnificent setting was delicious. Adventure Dining is a truly unique and extraordinary experience that should not be missed

David S, Owner at Adventure Dining, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Doyle,
Thank you much for your kind review. Cindy and I enjoyed your company and thank
You for making our evening better also. Good, nice people make Adventure Dining
Better for everyone.
Hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed April 4, 2017

A Mercedes Sprinter van picked us up at our condo and we were driven about 25 minutes from Los Suenos by our very fluent English speaking driver Johnnie. Upon our arrival our group was warmly greeted by David and offered wine, beer, water or sodas. After David explained the lay of the land we strolled through the beautiful property admiring the lush tropical landscaping, the waterfall and the fantastic view of the mountains and the ocean in the distance below. We made sure to be on the dining platform by sunset where we delighted in seeing the brillant colors light up the sky. Fresh appetizers and cocktails were set out for our taking, dinner was served by very courteous staff followed by desert and coffee. David and Cindy were a delight to speak with and share stories with. I would highly recommend going here on your trip to Costa Rica.

David S, Owner at Adventure Dining, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Rharris,
Thank you for you nice review of Adventure Dining.cindy and I enjoyed your company and we are glad you had a good evening. Good people make our job a whole lot easier and fun to do. I wish yours was a 5 star instead of 3 star. I promise to do better next time.