“Really wonderful”
Review of Adventure Dining

Adventure Dining
Ranked #19 of 173 Restaurants in Jaco
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Adventure Dining is a trademarked name If you enjoy spectacular view in a romantic setting, this is your place. Located in the heart of Pura Vida Gardens, you will dine at sunset overlooking CR's tallest waterfall and miles of gulf coastline. The views are breathtaking. All inclusive. Roundtrip transportation, entrance into the gardens, unlimited coctails (premium liquors) fabulous dinner, desert and a surprise plus music for your listening or dancing pleasure. American owned and operated. Don't miss this...."The dining experience of your lifetime." DAVID AND CINDY LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!!
Reviewed July 6, 2012

While I don't know how adventurous you'd have to be to have this dinner, it's really worth going. The van ride up and back was probably the most adventurous part (aside from trying to get my date to hold the toucan). It was really an awesome place. The gardens were beautiful and so was the more natural scenery with the water fall in the background and everything. I probably would have enjoyed getting to hang out with the bird a bit more, he was really cool.

Dinner was excellent! And the owner gave an interesting story to everything. They pick you up in a van right from wherever you're staying and drive you well into the mountains for an open bar and a great dinner. I thought the price was a bit much until towards the end of the night when I really realized how great it all was. They even give you a CD with all the photos at the end of the night.

It was just a very well organized short trip that you don't want to miss out on.

Word of advice, there are no good places for potty breaks on the trip. Especially for the ladies. It's not that long of a drive, but it's long enough to take into consideration.

1  Thank ThisGringo

Reviewed June 30, 2012

While Adventure Dining is billed by the owner as an "experience" because of the location, this is still listed as a restaurant on TripAdvisor, so I feel like one should review it in comparison to the other options from which you can choose in Jaco. In other words, yeah, the view is great but you're there to eat, so the food and drinks still matter.

We attended Adventure Dining last Wednesday. This trip to the top of the Pura Vida gardens and a magnificent waterfall might have been what we were most excited about doing in Jaco, based upon the reviews we read.

The evening overall was just "meh." Here's what went down:

Con: We were picked up in a big van and it was probably the most uncomfortable trip in my life since the driver was terrible and the roads were even worse. Since we were the last to hop in, we also got stuck in the back of the van, so I'm sure that made it much worse. Good thing our stomachs were empty!

Pro: Jack met us at the top of the mountain, saying that all the bumps were worth it. I heard "open bar and cocktails" and thought - yes, these bumps will most definitely be worth it after a mojito or two! He even had flower blossoms to give to the ladies.

Con: We had 20 minutes to roam around the garden and gift shop as well as touch the birds. The gardens weren't what I expected a botanical garden to look like, and I'm not sure why it was a $20 fee to include this part, but it was pretty and obviously, things are timed perfectly with the sunset for optimal viewing.

Pro: We had our own special table, with a placard that had my boyfriend's name and my name in a heart. It was nice to be able to be romantic with him and interact with the other guests as much or as little as we wanted.

Con - Turns out that the drinks were serve-yourself. There was no way to make a mojito or a daiquiri at all. In fact, I felt like I was back in college and just throwing random ingredients together till it tasted like an alcoholic drink. My boyfriend knows a little about cocktails and mixology and he did the best he could with a spoon, tequila and orange juice but it wasn't what I would have chosen to drink. There was wine, too, but only a dry white and a merlot - and these wines only seemed to be available with the food. (Maybe in the future there could be a sangria or already-mixed margarita option for those less mixology-inclined?)
Note: My boyfriend said he heard that the night we attended might have wrapped up the season for this place, but if there isn't a great selection of drinks, knock off $10 or something. from the total bill since the selection felt bare bones.

Pro: There was limitless bread with real butter. Awesome, I love my bread.

Con: The food was decent but I paid a lot less for better cuisine in Jaco Center than I did at Adventure Dining. And I am a total dessert-lover, so it was disappointing that there was only one choice. I understand since there were only 10 of us that maybe more than one option isn't easy to do. But isn't part of the appeal the personalization of the meal? It would have been nice to offer a fruity dessert and a chocolate option, for example.

Pro: Jack took photos to document the evening.

Con: We had to squint at a small computer to see the resulting video - which obviously included photos NOT from our night since there were photos of the blue macaw that is no more at the gardens. If you're going to personalize this, at least update the photos, right?

Pro: You could take a drink for the road.

Con: The road is so bumpy that you'll likely spill it all over yourself.

Overall, this was a pleasant experience. You can tell Jack loves what he does and the view is pretty breath-taking. However, for $105 per person, we could have spent less money for another beautiful view (of the ocean or nearby marina) with better food and more options regarding drinks and dessert.

3  Thank jhmitche22
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Saw on trip advisor that this was rated #1 in dining in Jaco Costa Rica, Reserved our dinner for our last night in Jaco with friends Gary and Pam Brooks, It was a perfect ending to an already good trip with good friends.
The limo was on time, everyone we interacted with top of the line,. The views are priceless and the food and drinks were very good,. could have made sure they're was plenty of ice, but a small inconvenience. i would recommend it without a doubt. Pura Vida.

1  Thank meltonthos
Reviewed June 21, 2012

You absolutely must do this if you are in the Jaco, Costa Rica area. I've never seen such beautiful scenery!!!!! Food was super good and I felt like I had actually known Jack for years and had been invited to dinner by an old friend. It is a definite "must do".

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Loved everything didn't want it to end! Would liked to have had more time in the gardens they were so beautiful. I highly recommend it! All 10 of us loved it thanks!