“This waterfall trip with Vlad was amazing - this is a must trip in Costa Rica”

Costa Rica Waterfall Tours
Hiking and Waterfall Tour in Jaco
Ranked #1 of 77 Outdoor Activities in Jaco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Awarded "Certificate of Excellence" in the 2015 Tripadvisor Awards. Costa Rica Waterfall Tours are the waterfall experts! We have several waterfall tours available to match just about all ability levels. If it's a nice rain forest trek to a 600' waterfall or cliff jumping into a beautiful natural pool in the jungle or Rappelling down the face of a 300' waterfall we will get you there. Venture into the rain forest with a naturalist guide to help you spot monkeys, scarlet macaws, toucans. frogs and learn about the plants, trees and history of Costa Rica. The beautiful drive, the rain forest, the naturalist guide and the pristine waterfalls make this an amazing adventure you will never forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This waterfall trip combine both beautiful wild nature views plus refreshing wild jump into the biggest waterfall in the Jaco's aria.
Vlad also was really nice and professional and teach us:
- how to survive in the jungle (we even ate some plants to give ourselves vitamins before climbing the incline roads)
- names and role of each plant

As I said in the title : If you are in Jaco Costa Rica don't miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All reviews
"natural beauty"
"comfort zone"
"great guide"

Reviewed February 5, 2012

The CRWT team is phenomenal and Vlad, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable and made the experience great for everyone on the hike. We had a great time and highly recommend this to anyone visiting Jaco!

1  Thank TravelerHWA
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I went on the Trekker trip with Vlad and loved it. The waterfalls were great, the primary rainforest was lit up with life, and Vlad was a world class guide. He should be paid double whatever he's getting.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

As much as I loved every part of my trip to Jaco - the surfing, the food, the beach, the zip line, the snorkeling, the drinks out of coconuts, etc etc etc - the waterfall tour with Mike and Vlad was by far the highlight. The beauty of these hidden-away oases is not something I can describe in words - I will simply tell you, that you have to take this tour. Besides the sights, the tour itself is very fun - Jumping and sliding down waterfalls, swinging from ropes from 30 feet up - it's awesome! Plus, getting the local knowledge and stories from Mike and Vlad is great, and it's more like going with an old buddy than a tour guide when you're with them. They took care of us (A group of 8 of us) and made our trek amazing. Not only do I recommend it, I plan to go back and do it again myself.

¡Pura Vida!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This was easily the best tour my boyfriend and I experienced on our week long adventure vacation in Costa Rica. We surfed, white water rafted, went horseback riding, etc. But nothing came remotely close to the authentic and exciting experience of exploring the Waterfalls of the Jaco area with Mike and his family. From the minute we stepped into the Land Rover, we were emersed in Costa Rican culture and facts. Every tree, landmark, piece of vegetation we passed was explained to us, making for a very interesting and enjoyable car ride to begin our tour. We even stopped off to snag some Teak leaves, which when crushed turn into a reddish/brown liquid, which we used as "War Paint" to prepare ourselves for our adventure!
We arrived at a Costa Rican woman's farm, where we would begin our trek. Even though all waterways in Costa Rica are public, Mike told us that he liked to go through the local's land to start the tour, as it helps to aid the local economy. As we waded through the river and stream paths every turn was met with a new species of animal or plant. Not only did he show us many things, but he was ready and willing to answer all of our questions- Mike really knows his stuff. We had an opportunity to taste termites, rub citronella on ourselves, collect Lime leaves, see an army of woodcutter ants in action (The hardest workers in Costa Rica!) and see some Ocelot tracks - all within the first 10 minutes of our tour and before we even got to the falls! It was like an episode of Man vs. Wild- So cool.
And then the falls! BREATHTAKING! Possibly the coolest thing, and the most bang for your buck, was that Mike brought along his waterproof video camera, and basically acted like our personal photographer- taking pictures of us by the falls, jumping in the falls, etc. All of this at no additional charge (when we went surfing we had to pay an extra $50.00 for the CD of pictures.) The falls were exhilarating! It's not like you just see them and wade in a shallow pool and you're done - you get to jump, swim and go under the falls- super cool!
I also want to preface that while we were into the whole trekking and adventure scene, I am deathly afraid of heights and was apprehesive about this tour. Mike (and his family) were totally understanding and made sure that I felt comfortable, while making the experience exciting and a bit more challenging for my boyfriend. Bottom line: This tour can be tailored to ANY skill/comfort level and will be equally as awesome.

Also, at the end of the tour we got to see some awesome spider monkeys flying from tree to tree!

This is a MUST tour if you're in the Jaco area. Mike has a true love for all things Costa Rican and he shares this love and appreciation with everyone on his tour. You'd be hard pressed to find a more authentic, informative and exciting tour.

Some tips:
If you have kids: Try to wait and go on a weekend (or when Costa Rica does not have school) because Mike's son accompanies him and is AWESOME! He's adventurous and knowledgable and he's only (I think) 12 or 13 so he can relate to kids and make the experience that more enjoyable.

Try everything (even the termites)!