WINNER WONDERLAND

“Just HOW Do They Do It?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Graffiti Restro Cafe and Wine Bar

Graffiti Restro Cafe and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar, Central American, Costa Rican, Cajun & Creole, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a 60 seat Funky, Comfortable Bistro style Restaurant with a Blackboard menu that changes daily with the local availability of the freshest products, Fruits, Vegetable, Seafood and Meats. We pride ourselves in the Slow Food movement and maintain by using local fresh, healthy and sustainable products from the region. We have no rules or boundaries when it comes to our food and our ambiance is just as eclectic. We are off the main track and a little difficult to find on purpose. Our concept is to appeal to Anyone with a fine palete for food and drink in a comfortable, climate controlled, safe and intimate setting.
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just HOW Do They Do It?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Each time we visit Graffiti's we have NEVER been disappointed. I have been very fortunate in my line of business to have traveled throughout the United States to some VERY fine restaurants. I include Las Vegas, New Orleans, as well as Dallas just to name a few. Several of our friends have also traveled extensively and have visited us since moving to Costa Rica. Each time I tell our guest for the BEST STEAK that you will EVER eat, you will find in Jaco, Costa Rica. Now each time I say that, I will think I am going to get burned on that statement sooner or later, BUT, that has NOT been the case to date. We just had friends join us from Louisiana who have tasted the fare in New Orleans and we ALL were GREATLY impressed with the food. Yes, I STILL had the Steak my wife elected for the Mahi. BOTH EXCELLENT choices. Having lived in Costa Rica for nearly a year now I have seen the cattle, and I can assure you (having grown up in the midwest), you would NEVER find a cow look like these cows. How Danny is able to take a Costa Rican Cow and make it as delicious as it is , has GOT to be MAGIC! I also have to say I have leaned to cook while living in the mid west as well as New Orleans and Vegas, and I pride myself as being a pretty good cook .. and TRULY Graffiti's WILL surprise you.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Halifax, Canada
“Coffee Encrusted Steak??”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Again tried something because of fellow Trip Advisors - thanks for the recommendation - the steak was great! Overall, the location and atmosphere are a little lacking but the food is great. You should make reservations.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Calgary, Canada
“Not My Favorite five”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The restaurant is tiny and crowded on a side street just off main. Drinks were great and server was motivated and current with all dishes on Menu Board. Appetizers were average, Mushrooms were ordinary. Nice variety of Sliders. The Ribs were barely warm. The Coconut shrimp was missing some coconut. Chocolate Cake for dessert was decadent and delicious, the best part of the meal. Not a place to linger, chairs are hard and noise level increases significantly. Restroom is the public washroom back down on main street.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LaVona_Marlena
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We recently moved to Playa Hermosa and this was our third trip to Graffiti and we've never been disappointed. I can't imagine why one reviewer said there was a limited menu............it has great variety from appetizers, to salads, to burgers to flatbreads and full entrees. The Cucumber and Basil Martini is yummy, and my husband loves the Riblets. I enjoyed a Mahi special with coconut flavored rice and al dente vegetables. Danny and Katie are always accommodating.......and surprised me with Key Lime Pie for my birthday dinner!

Don't miss this place!!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
graffitidan, Owner at Graffiti Restro Cafe and Wine Bar, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
More meaningful to us than anything that can be said on this site were the words you spoke to us that evening in person. Thank you very much! We are thrilled to have you both now as regulars!
Tampa, Florida
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very limited menu. The location is terrible and hard to find and the view is a parking lot. The service was not bad.

Visited March 2013
graffitidan, Owner at Graffiti Restro Cafe and Wine Bar, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We apologize that you are unable to appreciate our concept here at Graffiti. Our location was specifically chosen because it is located off the hustle and bustle of the main street. It is also one of the only restaurant locations in town that offers parking for our customers. The abstruseness of our restaurant is all part of the allure my friend. We hear often from people- "Love this place- but difficult to find" Was it frustrating that at first it wasn't so easy because everyone had told you to visit?? Were you even a little excited/relieved once you discovered the little spot everyone told you had to try? If we wanted it to be easy to find we would have plastered signs everywhere from San Jose to Jaco but that is not our concept here at Graffiti. We are about killer food, exceptional service, a funky artistic vibe and a relaxed intimate setting.

As for our "limited menu" We offer Gourmet food made with the freshest products that we get THAT DAY from local resources. We offer a regular menu with options ranging from various Bocas and Tapas to more casual items like fish tacos and sliders. Then of course lets not forget the Ghetto Gourmet Entrees like our Infamous Coffee and Cocao Crusted Beef Tenderloin (more recently often imitated never re-created) and our variety of ever changing daily blackboard specials including our Fresh Catch of the day. In the future when we decide to add a Tiki Bar (will never happen) and an Ocean Front View (possibly one day!) we will let you know so you can return and be another one of our happy satisfied customers. We love you TripAdvisor!