“Great bargain and delightful food.”

Poseidon Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 180 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: American, Asian, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open 7am-10pm Daily. Breakfast until 2pm. Lunch until 5pm. Dinner 5pm-10pm. Our open air restaurant provides a casual dining atmosphere. Breakfast/Lunch are a combination of Mexican and American Classics. Dinner brings in the Asian Cusine, including our Famously Gigantic Ahi-Tuna Steak. Our Mahi-Mahi is the freshest you can get. Don't forget about Smoked items like Babyback Ribs, Salmon, Mahi Pork Tenderloin and more.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was surprised at the quality of food for the money. We enjoyed their couple dinner special $35 for a shared large appetizer and 2 main course and dessert. If you want air conditioned comfort head upstairs. We continue to make this a regular stop with friends on limited budgets.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went to Poseidon restaurant while down in Jaco. I got the tuna and my wife got the ribs. her ribs were obviously grilled on a real grill an the BBQ sauce was really great. My tuna with wasabi sauce was really good as well. The atmosphere was not great but the waiter was extremely nice and we had a great evening.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a small Hotel, 20-25 rooms, in the middle of town with a pool. The rooms are clean and ample. The help is very friendly and the free breakfast is great.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have eaten here several times and always bring our guests that come visit us here for dinner. You cannot beat the two for $35 dinner special, appetizer, 2 entrees and desert. I love the mahi mahi, hubby loves the tuna steak or filet mignon. The spicy shrimp fritters are a great appetizer and so are the onion rings (although they can be greasy). Best to sit upstairs as Sean is an awesome waiter/bartender. They give you so much food in the entree we always have leftovers. On one occasion we were with a large group of friends (14 of us) and my entree got missed when they served the main course. So I had to wait a bit and by the time I got my steak everyone else was done eating. My steak was tough and overlooked, so I told Sean and he told us next time we come he would not charge us for our meal. We took some other friends the following week and he treated us right and did not charge us for our meal. He is the best! Hats off to the cooks also!

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This place was not what we expected. A small noise sports bar on the third floor. We ordered the $35 special. The chicken lettuce wraps were served as ground chicken. The ribs had a funny flavor and were tough along with the under cooked vegetables. Two of us at the table had them and did not like them. I eat one rib and some potatoes and sent the rest back and was still charged full price and was not offered a discount. I personally would recommend someplace else. Many other great places in town. Try Wahoos.

PoseidonOwner, Owner at Poseidon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

We are so sorry to hear you did not have good experience at this Poseidon. As you can see most our reviews are very good. I personnally smoke the Ribs for 4 hours and have many, many, many compliments on them, most all of them are fall off the bone. If our server did not offer you discount, again we are sorry. Did you say anything to them? Vegetables undercooked, again sorry, many of our customers come in specifically for our Vegetables as we do not over cook them and take all of the nutrients out of the food. It is a very fine line and all folks do not like them the same way. Give us another shot, try our Famous Tuna Steaks or our Grilled Mahi. If you are carving beef or lamb, we have a few options. Also we suggest you guys might like sitting downstairs in our Restaurant. Sports BArs are not for everybody, that why we have both options. Let us know how you want your veggies cooked and we will gladly cook them a little more, we appreciate all of our customers and hate hearing we are loosing one.