“Huge portions, good food”

Poseidon Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 171 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: American, Asian, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open 7am-10pm Daily. Breakfast until 2pm. Lunch until 5pm. Dinner 5pm-10pm. Our open air restaurant provides a casual dining atmosphere. Breakfast/Lunch are a combination of Mexican and American Classics. Dinner brings in the Asian Cusine, including our Famously Gigantic Ahi-Tuna Steak. Our Mahi-Mahi is the freshest you can get. Don't forget about Smoked items like Babyback Ribs, Salmon, Mahi Pork Tenderloin and more.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice little bar/restaurant near the beach in downtown Jaco. Portions are huge and prices are decent so this is a good value. Several different seafood options and all looked good. We had the tuna and mahi mahi. Both were good and we couldn't finish either one. Very friendly staff. Definitely worth a stop.

1  Thank husker7028
There are newer reviews for Poseidon Restaurant

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had the "2 people for $35.00 special" which gives you an appetizer to share, a choice of 2 entrees and a dessert (fudge brownie with ice cream or Bananas Foster).. My husband had a couple of beers and I ordered a mango smoothie and glass of red wine. The front of the restaurant opens out onto the street, Calle Bohio. Deliveries for the restaurant are made through the front door. As we waited for our meals a large truck sat idling noisily in front, a delivery man came in with meat in cryopacs under his arm. He stopped at our table to show us, saying it was beef tenderloin. Another man delivered 2 bottles of whisky to the bar. All the while some very loud gentlemen carried on a boisterous conversation at the bar.
This is not an intimate dining setting but the food was fresh, cooked at the front of the restaurant. For $4.00 I got a generous glass of red wine. Service was friendly and I have been spending my winters in Jaco for 20 years so I knew what to expect. Total bill for the meal with drinks was $50.00. next time I will order a different appetizer as the veggies that came with my steak were the same ones used in the vegetable tempura..

Reviewed January 10, 2013

On Calle Bohio . Consistently superior food. Possibly best breakfast in Jaco. This place offers value and an amazing menu.
Look for it!! Great food and upstairs there is a sports bar.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was challenged by the owner, Tim, to stop over and try Posiedon's cheeseburger. He claimed it was the best you could get in Jaco Beach. He was almost correct. It WAS the best cheeseburger I have eaten in Costa Rica! I was served with a thick whole slice of carmelized white onion, lettuce an tomato on a fresh bakery bun. The meal came with fresh cut French fries and American Heinz ketchup. You have to emphasize American ketchup, because of the considerable difference in taste between the two countries. Heinz is just better. Tim also invited me to return sometime to try a Tbone steak, cooked to order. Once again it was deliciously fantastic. I ordered medium-rare, I got medium-rare with a baked potato and salad. I have tried other steaks in Jaco and Herradura, but Posiedon has the best. Great staff and the ladies who cook in an open kitchen are very proud of their skill, and I like that. The hospitality of the entire staff is second to none and I recommend each and every meal at Posiedon to be one to remember. Breakfast is also awesome, real local fruit smoothies! Love the guanabana.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Food was avergae, the hotel lobby is right there. The lobster tasted like propane and the tuna dip with chips was tunafish with nacho chips.Better places in Jaco to eat dinner.