“Stunning Views - Warm Welcome”

Pura Vida Gardens and Waterfalls
Ranked #8 of 50 things to do in Jaco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Pura Vida Gardens and Waterfalls is unique in Costa Rica. It is truly a "Visual Masterpiece". The gardens begin with the natural beauty of Costa Rica and four waterfalls in the property with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. To this millions of plants, flowers and orchids from all over the world have been added. Manicured walkways meander long a river and at the crest of the mountain which make the entire 50 acre gardens accessible to all. Have lunch in our restaurant and browse the gift shop that offers authentic Costa Rica gifts.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The trip to Pura Vida Gardens was part of a day tour. Sadly we only had 2 hours here. I could have spent a day. The views were stunning, the photography opportunities were endless, from plants, flowers, butterflies, the waterfall, the views ... ... ...
The owner was welcoming and helpful. The food was delicious with beautiful surroundings. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank SunlightandShadows
pvgardens, Owner at Pura Vida Gardens and Waterfalls, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Sunlight,
I am very sorry that response to your great review didn't show up on Trip Advisor and I a doubly sorry that it too so long for me to discover the mistake.

Anyway-----Thank you very much for your fantastic review. Cindy and I enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again.
Again sorry for the unforgivable delay.
David and Cindy Stannard

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful afternoon strolling through the gardens. The variety of flora is amazing and the views from the top of the mountain are spectacular. The owners and staff could not have been any nicer nor more welcoming. The waterfalls are a wonderful bonus.

2  Thank Tontolita
Reviewed January 24, 2013

You are free to roam the beautiful gardens and enjoy the local birds all around sunset - absolutely beautiful setting

2  Thank DonandVonAustin
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was one of the best experiences of my life! I would recommend this to anyone who really wants to experience the jungle and real life of Costa Ricans.

4  Thank JRN85_13
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We took the dirt road going up in the mountains in the direction of
pura Vida gardens more by curiosity than anything else. After 5 km was the trailhead heading to la Catarata manantial de Agua Viva. Since we are traveling with our young daughter, this supposedly difficult hike was not for this time. After another 2 km, we arrive at the Pura Vida gardens. We've been greeted by a dog, no other visitor around, nobody came to us, we went inside where there is a small restaurant and souvenir shop. Again, nobody cared about our presence. We wandered around a few minutes, asked about the trails, 20$ each seemed way overpriced so we decided there was not much for us to do there. After reading other reviews I realize that this place is meant for group tours coming from resorts or cruise ship so they have nothing to do with independent travelers. The ride down offered nice views of the ocean so we didn't regret our ride up.

2  Thank Robert98-Canada