“Delicious”

Ranked #13 of 162 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Takeout
Description: Get to know the original Tacobar, the beloved Costa Rican chain from Jaco Beach that brought the beach to the city! Try our world famous tacos made to order from the freshest ingredients, prime Costa Rican coffee, all-you-can-eat exotic salad bar, and lots of other delicious options on our ever growing menu! Our unique design invites customers to enjoy our famous bar swings and cool music in a beach like atmosphere. As Costa Ricans like to say: Estamos para servirle - We are here to serve you! Pura Vida
Atenas, Costa Rica
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch after being referred by friends. It was a delicious experience. Great tacos with fresh salad bar. Especially loved their calamari done to perfection.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Loved Tacobar!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I read the reviews of Tacobar before we left for Costa Rica and knew this is one place I wanted to eat at for the one night we were in Jaco. The reviews did not disappoint.

I ordered a chicken taco and my husband ordered a fish taco. Both had so much flavor, did not need to add much from the bar. We also both got a smoothy, mine was wonderful - the strawberry mango.

The fun part - the swings! Not that you can move much in them, it is such a fun concept and I loved it. The restaurant is so open and was so pleasant for us after the check in catastrophe at our hotel. Just made our stay in Jaco worth it.

We came back in the morning for breakfast. I ordered the pancakes with fruit and my husband had the french toast. The pancakes were lacking in flavor, probably my least favorite breakfast of the trip, and it was also very slow to get the order to us compared to the previous night, so I would just suggest with eating the lunch/dinner tacos.

Kalispell, Montana
“Swing like the monkeys”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

This place was referred to us by a friend. So we had to go check it out. You go to the window and order your tacos, and then you get to load up your plate from the salad bar. This isn't your normal salad bar though. There are so many different things on it. This was a very yummy meal. I also have the ginger lemonade. So delicious! I would highly recommend. Eat it all while sitting in swings like the monkeys!

Sallisaw, OK
“The Best”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Tacobar offers great fresh food. Wife and I ate there again this week, and it offers a good variety of tasty treats. It's located just a hundred feet or so east of Jaco's main street, right downtown. Menu selection is posted on the wall, and offers much to choose from. Suz ordered the seared tuna. With the wasabi, ginger and sauce, it was outstanding. Huge portion, and she couldn't finish it all, which left a few bites for me. I ordered the mahi mahi tacos, and each taco came with another huge portion, solid and grilled to perfection. Then browse the salad and veggie bar to finish off the main dish. There's salad, salsa, rice, soup, and other delectables. May be a little bit on the pricey side, but still well worth it. We ran in to a bus full of medical students, volunteers on a mission trip, during their last full day in country. They seemed to enjoy themselves, and found their seats at the swings at the main dining area. Hope they have a great trip back to the states. We have another week here, and we'll probably stop in again for another dinner.

Kings Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rock Star!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Best fish tacos in Jaco! A little pricy, but good size portions and great side dishes. Cozy little outside area.

Visited May 2014