“Great tour with Odysseys-Unlimited”
Review of Odyssey Tours Jaco

Odyssey Tours Jaco
Ranked #44 of 76 Tours in Jaco
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Jaco beach experts and we can help you to get the best tours, transportation, rentals for condos or homes, hotels booking, sport fishing charters, and more.
Camp Hill
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great tour with Odysseys-Unlimited”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were on the Odysseys-Unlimited trip, Costa Rica’s Natural Heritage, in April 2012. It was “land only” since we made our own airplane reservations and arrived in San Jose one day earlier than our tour group. Odysseys arranged our lodging for the extra day. The highlights of the trip can be viewed at their website: www.Odysseys-unlimited. Com. The trip was great! I highly recommend it. We liked the hotels, the food, the itinerary, the bus driver, Jason, and especially our Tour Director, Randall Obsney. On a scale of 1 to 10, my wife and I gave him a 10. He exceeded our expectations. He did everything to make this a very enjoyable and enriching trip. Odysseys-Unlimited is a very good tour company and is a member of the Better Business Bureau. They are very professional and efficient. This is our second trip with them. The first trip was in 2011, Paradores and Pousadas, ( Portugal & Spain) and it was also great.

Visited April 2012
13 Thank LeonB

Mississauga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best tour company in Costa Rica!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I can honestly say that this tour company will offer you the best service possible. First of all, the best tour guide, Juan, will not only impress you with his knowledge and expertise about CR but also entertain you with his jokes and stories. We went to both Manuel antonio national park and did the arenal+hot springs and zip lining with them. they knew all the spots, offered the best prices and didn't even charge us until the tour was over. They are a family run business and are very polite, accommodating and respectful. Alvarro and Diego are brothers who own this business. Alvaro drove an air-conditioned Mercedes van on our longer tour. It was very comfortable. They also have a driver, Roarmer, who was excellent as well. I definitely recommend them for any tour in CR.

Visited March 2012
5 Thank Jade355
New Brunswick
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Service!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We booked Odysssey Tours to bring us to several places during our 2 weeks stays in Costa Rica. We sent an email with the dates/locations of pickup and received a confirmation about our reservation. They did not require any payment up front. Our first pick up was to bring us from San Jose airport to Uvita (aprox 4 hrs drive) .The day before our pickup in San Jose, we had a flight problem, so I had to email and ask if we could change the pick up date to the following day instead. They quickly responded and confirmed that this was not a problem. Upon my request, they even recommended a good hotel to stay at in San Jose. The driver showed up early and stopped along the way to show us the crocodiles under the bridge, and to stop at a fruit stand. We did have a little hiccup at the destination, since the van was not a 4 x4 and one was needed to get to our resort, but it did not cause a big problem, the driver eagerly helped us take our luggage up the steep steep hill. They picked us up again 2 more times, each 4 hrs trips, and each time, they were always early. We had 2 different drivers during the experience, and both were great. One was spanish, but did his best to communicate with us, the other spoke English and was able to help us when we stopped at restaurants (to order food). The vans were very comfortable. The drivers were friendly, always early, knew where they were going, made stops along the way, eagerly answered our questions, and overall made sure we were happy. When I requested price quotes, they gave us the best rates, and overall, we were very happy with the service. Thanks Alvero and Diego!

Visited March 2012
3 Thank auff1
Valparaiso, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Customer Service!!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I recently travelled to Costa Rica for the first time. I met a group of friends at a resort but arrived a day after everyone else. Since this was my first time out of the country I was very aprehensive about making the long drive from the airport to our resort alone, however Odyssey Tours made the entire experience fantastic. When I walked out of the airport there was a representative holding a sign with my name and he quickly showed me to my ride. The van was clean, nice, and airconditioned and the driver, Alvaro was absolutely fantastic! I felt completely safe and comfortable and the long drive flew by as he pointed out many places and answered the numerous questions I had about the beautiful country! Once I arrived at the hotel he made sure I checked in without complications. He was so helpful and professional that my group had four different departure dates back to the US and we all booked Odyssey Tours to take us to the airport. In addition they helped us set up and take us to a zip-lining tour. I would highly recommend using Odyssey for any travelling in Costa Rica. I know that when I go back next year I will not use anyone else!!!!!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Brandi A
Austin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I highly recommend Odyssey Tours for your Costa Rica travel...Rather than rent a car or take the bus (family of 5) from San Jose to Puerto Viejo, Limon Province, and back a week later, we hired Odyssey Tours. Alvaro Sr. and Juan arrived on time in a nice private van to drive us across the country (4 hours) to our final destination. Juan is young, well educated, and an enthusiastic guide. He had good sense and timing; he knew when and how much we wanted to hear about the history, flora, and fauna of Costa Rica on the drive. For our trip back, our driver, Esteban arrived on time in a smaller van, but every bit as comfortable and clean.

Visited December 2011