“Good Food”

Ranked #64 of 171 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza, Seafood, Costa Rican, International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: They had excellent pizzas, drink, outside patio and are located on the main street in Jaco. The restaurant was always busy.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had the Italian. I was surprised at how much pasta and pizza were serviced on the island. I like the cafes there becuase they are indoor\outdoor places.

There are newer reviews for Rioasis

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've been a customer of Rioasis for the last 10 years or even more, not even ONCE has the food been less than excellent, now about the service that's another thing, sometimes it can be excellent and the next time not so much, among my favorite things are the Rioasis Nachos (best I've EVER had without a question) and the pizza of course !!, their natural drinks are also really good !!, really recommend this place.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Rioasis has moved from their old central location to a new, modern location. The pizza is still wonderful - thin crust with tasty toppings. The service was great and they have an open view of the street, with fans upstairs where you can see the ocean and feel the breeze. Check it out!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stumbled onto this place tired and hungry after wandering perhaps a bit too far exploring town. In deperated need of refreshements we had intended to stop only for a drink. We opted for the second level in hopes we'd have a better chance of catching a breeze. Sitting with a perfect view of the pizza oven was all the persuading we needed. Started with some yummy although greasy mediteranean garlic toast. Topped with garlic butter, olives feta and mozza. We then shared a delightful take on hawaiin pizza (My boyfriend and I both LOVE ham and pineapple .) The dough was light and thin perfect in this heat and was topped with a flavorful; sweet sauce fresh (yay) pineapple, red bell peppers, red onion and of course ham. Hardly an authentic Costa Rican dish but what a great take on a favorite.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Costa Ricans love their Pizza! In the small beach town of Jaco there are more than 6 pizza places. There are thick individual slices and whole pizzas of both the thick and thin varieties. For me the best thick variety is made by El Bohio Beach Bar. But it is only available after 3PM and often there is a shortage.

My preference is the thin variety and for this reviewer no one comes close to Rioasis Pizza. Here you can find a mini pizza as well as the larger models. My wife loves this place! We had a medium and it was more than we could eat. Even the mini pizza has more pepperoni than many places put on larger pizzas. Thin and crunchy with excellent cheese and loaded with pepperoni and served in under 15 minutes! My mini pizza of 8 small slices with a beer cost about $8.00. Now that’s my kind of place! A single slice at Rons Pizza costs $4.00 and has less pepperoni and is of the thick variety. Often it must be reheated as well.

Rioasis was formerly located in central Jaco but has now moved into the plaza near the bus station. That is 2 blocks N of Best Western Motel. It has been completely and tastefully remodeled. Mike, the owner, has done a fabulous job with a combination of unique lighting, palm trees and covered tables. This makes for a very cozy atmosphere where one can enjoy the sunset while waiting for great pizza.

1  Thank CostaRicaMan