WINNER WONDERLAND

and up
ATV Full-Day Tour in Jaco
Ranked #1 of 75 Outdoor Activities in Jaco
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse riding Jaco Costa Rica. Discovery horse tours were awarded a "Certificate of Excellence" in the Trip Advisor awards 2011,2012 and 2013. If you want an unforgettable tour (tours duration ranges from 2.5 hours up to a full day, or a full week!) through the rain forest, on the beach or into the mountains Discovery Horse Tours are total equine professionals. Renowned for making sure the horses as well as the clients have a fabulous time they are "so much more" than just a horse tour! Specializing in small groups of no more than 8 people (4 on the beach)your tour will always feel personal. Located on a stunning 1500 acre private rain forest reserve, you will share the trails with no one but the wildlife. You will LOVE the horses who are safe, fun and most importantly happy and incredibly well cared for. Ride through pristine rain forest to the secret spring fed waterfall, or gallop along the deserted beaches. If you are on Honeymoon check our website for details on your private rain forest adventure with champagne and a private mud bath. No experience necessary. Beginners will feel secure,confident and in control. Experienced riders can enjoy the thrill of galloping our fit and healthy horses across the open hay fields. Consistently described as "The highlight of our trip to Costa Rica". Famous for the love of their animals, customer care and attention to detail; you will love your time with Discovery Horse Tours! All our horses are trained using Parelli Natural horsemanship, they are treated with respect, dignity and love, we take our time to match clients with the right horse making sure they have a wonderful time.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Haleiwa, Hawaii, United States
“amazing horses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We went on this horseback riding tour not knowing these horses were halter trained (not needing bit in there mouth)and very well kept. Having a horse makes you very picky about the treatment & care of horses. These horses were very loved and well trained. The owners were were personable and the tour guide was very knowledgeable about the animals around us and the history of the ranch. We had several levels of horsemanship and all were extremely satisfied. I would definitely recommend the jungle spa tour !

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth every penny!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I have been using Discovery for well over 12 years and wouldn't trust anyone else! I send family, friends, and ride myself when I come to Costa Rica. You need to make sure that the horses provided are well taken care of and can withhold this type of activity. The trail you will go on is like no other and the mud treatment, fruit and water at the waterfall is the icing on the cake! I've known Chris and Andrea for years and know their love for horses and nature. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!!

Kristin Chandler
Jacksonville, Florida

Visited August 2014
“Wonderful, off the beaten track experience for real horse lovers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I took a 2.5 hour ride with Andrea a few weeks ago and cannot stop raving about it. As a frequent traveler and horse lover, I often seek out horse tours in cool locations, but nearly as often decide against actually going on the tour once I see the mistreated, underfed and overworked horses. Andrea´s outfit actually rescues horses like those and rehabilitates them so they are healthy, well-adjusted and actually happy to set out on the trail.

Apart from the ethical benefits, the tour itself takes place against an incredible jungle backdrop with amazing views of plant and animal life. If I am ever back near Jacó, Andrea will be the first person I call to set up another unforgettable morning.

Visited July 2014
“A MUST do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Chris, Andrea, and Leana made our ride spectacular! Super fun ride on amazing horses to a spring waterfall and pool. The views are amazing. The horses are super sweet and hand picked for each persons ability. Andrea and Leana were extremely informative making the whole event a true adventure! Our kids are 6 years, 8 years, and 10 years old and we ALL had a GREAT time!!!

Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A VERY Special Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

My extended family and I were recently lucky enough to ride with Andrea and Leanna at Discovery Horse Tours. We were five adults and four children (ages 8-11). It was obvious from the beginning that not just the scenery but the spirit and intentions of the farm are special. These are all "rescue" horses who have been lovingly brought back to health and happiness. Re-trained with gentle and individual respect and ridden mindfully and bit-free. Andrea took time to match each person with a horse that "...matched their personality..". I was skeptical when she said she was doing this, but as I listened to her intuitions (and knowing my family), I truly believe she has an intuitive gift. Our ride was beautiful, informative and fun. Leanna walked with the two inexperienced kids, making sure they were comfortable and encouraged. Andrea walked behind with the two kids who are riders so she could occasionally let them lag and then cantor to catch up. At the top of the ride, in the midst of the rainforest, we reached a spring-fed pool where they had already prepared a bowl of the native Bentonite Clay for us to use on our skin during the cool dip in the pool. We had SUCH a great time that the two more experienced kids and I went back for a second ride two days later.
The whole thing was a magical, unforgettable experience.
KA