“THE most amazing ride you'll ever take!!”

Discovery Horseback Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$189.00*
and up
ATV Full-Day Tour in Jaco
Ranked #1 of 72 Outdoor Activities in Jaco
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse riding Jaco Costa Rica. Discovery horse tours were awarded a "Certificate of Excellence" in the Trip Advisor awards 2011,2012 and 2013. If you want an unforgettable tour (tours duration ranges from 2.5 hours up to a full day, or a full week!) through the rain forest, on the beach or into the mountains Discovery Horse Tours are total equine professionals. Renowned for making sure the horses as well as the clients have a fabulous time they are "so much more" than just a horse tour! Specializing in small groups of no more than 8 people (4 on the beach)your tour will always feel personal. Located on a stunning 1500 acre private rain forest reserve, you will share the trails with no one but the wildlife. You will LOVE the horses who are safe, fun and most importantly happy and incredibly well cared for. Ride through pristine rain forest to the secret spring fed waterfall, or gallop along the deserted beaches. If you are on Honeymoon check our website for details on your private rain forest adventure with champagne and a private mud bath. No experience necessary. Beginners will feel secure,confident and in control. Experienced riders can enjoy the thrill of galloping our fit and healthy horses across the open hay fields. Consistently described as "The highlight of our trip to Costa Rica". Famous for the love of their animals, customer care and attention to detail; you will love your time with Discovery Horse Tours! All our horses are trained using Parelli Natural horsemanship, they are treated with respect, dignity and love, we take our time to match clients with the right horse making sure they have a wonderful time.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Knoxville, Tennessee
“THE most amazing ride you'll ever take!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have riden horses my whole life, I took my boyfriend and mom who have never riden before. All of us had such an amazing time, by the end of our 2 hour ride we wish it would have been 2 more hours! They treat their horses so great! Better than any other place. The horses are calm and relaxed to make you feel comfortable but not "robotic" like some places that have their horses go for 8 hours a day. The views and scenery and amazing!! The giudes were so great! I took the jungle tour and did the mud bath! It's amazing! It was way beyond what I could have expected!!

Visited December 2013

Wall Township, New Jersey
“BEST RIDING EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I can't express the gratitude I have for the experience I just had here in Costa Rica. I would highly recommend this family owned business to any and all who want to experience the richness of this country. It didn't matter if you were an accomplished horse person or not. Andrea and Chris , along with their knowledgeable crew, had everything planned out to make this week long experience unforgettable. Their horses were well tempered and loving. From the Beach Ride, Jungle Ride , the water falls, crocodile tour and beautiful scenery, incredible lunches, and the plethora of information was outstanding. I will treasure each and every moment I spent in their company. I am looking forward to returning very soon with more friends to share in what was a terrific and memorable vacation here at Discovery Horse Tours of Costa Rica !

Visited December 2013
Los Altos, California
“Jungle Spa on Horseback”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My niece and I had the pleasure of taking a trip into the rainforest with Andrea and Nancy as our guides. It's top notch from start to finish. Other participants had cancelled, so it was just the two of us, and we had such a great experience. Andrea, Nancy and Chris have established a great environment for their horses, their customers and truly respect and appreciate all of the beauty of the land that surrounds them. Their horses are well cared for, perfect for a wide range of riders, and you just can't ask for better scenery. The spa treatment is icing on the cake (not to be missed) so definitely join in for the full experience. Having taken other horseback riding trips in various areas of Costa Rica, Discovery Horse Tours is at the top of my list.

New Orleans
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Spa Tour”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Andrea at Discovery Horse Tours does it again with a perfect excursion. Jan had gone on a tour about 18 months ago when last in CR and was sure to take our new guests for the experience this time. Andrea's facility is pristine with the top priority being the welfare and happiness of the horses which in turn results in a superior experience for the riders. Horses are matched to riders' abilities and a quick but thorough tutorial is given for first time riders. Andrea customizes the ride for the group and since Jan had taken a spill off an ATV the day before, we requested a nice, easy, relaxing tour - and got it. For the experienced rider in the group there was an opportunity to add some speed as the rest looked on so all got what they were looking for in the tour. Andrea not only guides you down the route but informs about the area, history, wildlife in a fun and upbeat way. On this particular tour birds, butterflies, and interesting plants were seen, and the riders ended up at a spring and waterfall for a natural spa experience. Drinks, fresh fruit and a refreshing mud bath made for a unique experience before taking the trails back. Andrea clearly loves what she does and is passionate about the welfare of her animals. She is a fun and animated tour guide and is awesome at tailoring the experience to her guests' wants and needs from first-timers to experienced riders through the choice of tours offered and also for the individuals on any particular tour. Don't miss this experience!

Jaco, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Best Choice!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

There are many different options in and around Jaco for horse tours, but Discovery is in a class of its own. They embody true horsemanship and their love for animals is apparent from the start. All of their horses (and their dogs and their cats) are bright eyed and happy. Moreover, there are horses for different riding levels...beginners feel safe and more advanced riders feel challenged. I highly recommend this tour to all ability levels. And, hey, maybe I'll see you there... because I'll definitely be back! :)