“So much to love!”

and up
ATV Full-Day Tour in Jaco
Ranked #1 of 75 Outdoor Activities in Jaco
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse riding Jaco Costa Rica. Discovery horse tours were awarded a "Certificate of Excellence" in the Trip Advisor awards 2011,2012 and 2013. If you want an unforgettable tour (tours duration ranges from 2.5 hours up to a full day, or a full week!) through the rain forest, on the beach or into the mountains Discovery Horse Tours are total equine professionals. Renowned for making sure the horses as well as the clients have a fabulous time they are "so much more" than just a horse tour! Specializing in small groups of no more than 8 people (4 on the beach)your tour will always feel personal. Located on a stunning 1500 acre private rain forest reserve, you will share the trails with no one but the wildlife. You will LOVE the horses who are safe, fun and most importantly happy and incredibly well cared for. Ride through pristine rain forest to the secret spring fed waterfall, or gallop along the deserted beaches. If you are on Honeymoon check our website for details on your private rain forest adventure with champagne and a private mud bath. No experience necessary. Beginners will feel secure,confident and in control. Experienced riders can enjoy the thrill of galloping our fit and healthy horses across the open hay fields. Consistently described as "The highlight of our trip to Costa Rica". Famous for the love of their animals, customer care and attention to detail; you will love your time with Discovery Horse Tours! All our horses are trained using Parelli Natural horsemanship, they are treated with respect, dignity and love, we take our time to match clients with the right horse making sure they have a wonderful time.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just today my friend and I went on the horseback ride with Julia and Leo. Discovery horse tours was highly recommended to us by locals here in Jaco, and it delivered! Julia gave wonderful instructions on how to ride, direct, and respond to the horses, and while on the trail gave us so much information about our surroundings.
I absolutely adored my horse, and you can tell from the get-go that all the animals are really well cared for and loved. The mud bath was so much fun; for the kids it's great because they get to be super dirty for a few minutes, for the adults because it makes your skin feel amazing! Even though this was the longest horseback ride I've been on, I wish it could have lasted longer because we had so much fun! It's a must do if you're around Jaco! Thank you for a wonderful time!

There are newer reviews for Discovery Horseback Tours

Reviewed July 21, 2013

These people and the work they do is amazing. The animals are so well cared for physically as well as emotionally. The tack was comfortable, the animals amazing, setting superb, snacks healthy and scrumptious. The most amazing experience of my whole trip. I will always have to go riding with Andrea while in their region.
The world thanks and smiles on you for the life you give, Pura Vida from Mohahve Canyon Ranch in Apple Valley, CA

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family and I recently visited Discovery Horse Tours for the spa ride. We have 3 kids, 13, 11 and 9 years old. Our 9 year old was not comfortable with riding and Andrea was very encouraging and patient with her. However, she was still not interested in riding, so Andrea led her around on a nature hike while we rode with Julia. Andrea brought our youngest to meet us for the mud spa treatment which she loved, and then walked her back to meet us at the stables. I think it was one of our youngest's best experiences of the whole trip and she still talks about the things she discovered with Andrea.

The rest of us really enjoyed the ride through the rainforest. The trails are very secluded and you do not feel as though you are being cranked through a typical tourist attraction. They truly make you feel like a welcomed guest. The ride up (at least in the green season) is quite bumpy (as a lot of the secondary roads are) so I would definitely recommend a 4 wheel drive rental for the clearance alone and allow some extra time to get there.

LovinlifePV, Owner at Discovery Horseback Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

I had a great time with your daughter, she was so into nature, it was great. So glad all had a great time.
Just to mention about the road, it is bumpy right now due to the unseasonal rain we have had, but you for sure don't need a 4x4. Daily everything from low salon cars to mopeds come in and out from the outlying villages and pass with no problem.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Andy was an amazing tour and did an excellent job during the tour. She was very informative ans i was able to learn a lot about Costa Rica from Andy. She is very friendly and I love the way she loves her horses. She gave us some fresh juice and fruit that was so good and sweet! I highly recommend this activity! The view is amazing everywhere you turn!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The horseback ride and mud spa was excellent. Andy took such good care of us and was so informative about the nature and wildlife. It's was like going to a museum on horseback. Plus, my sister and I are expert riders and Andy does an excellent job of catering to all levels of rider. The experience could not have been better.