“Sunrise was a surprise”

Sunrise Breakfast
Ranked #64 of 176 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Jaco Beaches original dining experience! Excellent value, huge portion, open from 6 a.m. till 12:30 for breakfast, evening hours 6 p.m. - 5:30 a.m., pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers and fixins!
Reviewed June 27, 2013

In a recent trip to Jaco, I was looking for something different for my breakfast experience. Really, I was looking for someplace that had a wi-fi, since my hotels wi-fi was down. I was cursing main street and decided to stop at Sunrise (had a strong wi-fi signal). My waitress name Michelle (American lady), served me. I asked for coffee to start off with. She poured me a cup and left the pot on the table explaining that it was for me and if I finished that one, they would bring me another pot. Nice change as most restaurants charge by the cup in Costa Rica. I ordered the American breakfast of 2 eggs over medium, potatoes, bacon and toast 4 mil or $8. They really pilled up the bacon. Service was fast. Dan, the owner from the New England area, came over and introduced himself to me. Read his bio on the back of the menu. He's been in business for 12 years now. He must be doing something right I thought. Very likable guy. We had a great conversation as I ate. i got a little work done as the wi-fi was fast and reliable. The food was great and in my opinion a good value for Jaco. It was so good that I brought 2 new customers back, 2 days later. This time I had the omelette filled with bacon, cheese and mushrooms. When I say filled, I mean filled. Another great meal and 2 more satisfied customers.
If you are in Jaco and looking for a good breakfast, English spoken, I would give them a try. Can't miss them. It's on the main drag right across from the Monkey bar. I'll be back for sure.

1  Thank HueysSaucesandWoods

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Sunrise introduced us to gallo pinto and the best way to eat it. One smoothie is about 1 and 1/2 smoothies. Coffee is great. One of the best ways to start your day in Jaco.

1  Thank Taryn J
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Food was expensive. I complained that the waitress was standing a few tables away smoking and got very unfriendly service after that. The owner was also sitting at a table smoking. There is a No Smoking Sign hanging right on the wall. What terrible customer service that reflects. My partner has severe allergies and it ruined our morning.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Breakfast here was okay, nothing special. The owner has a rambling, semi-literate story on the menu telling how he started in Jaco. He smoked a cigarette in the street in front of the restaurant which indicated to us that he was more interested in hanging out in Jaco than providing good service.

1  Thank bishikawa
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were staying at a luxury high rise down the street and this breakfast joint was very close to the condo. We ate all of our breakfasts here before venturing out. The breakfats menu has everything you need and the food is quite good but a little on the greasy side. Very laid back and relaxing. I bit pricey for breakfast fare in Jaco, but this is an american owned restauant so expect to pay a bit more.